Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 Don't leave us hanging
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
lord_cack
The anger has passed and after much soul searching (and time spent making an ass out of my self with rash comments in this very forum.... frown.gif sorry about that)....I have accepted the fact that Shadowrun is shifting gears and going to a new Edition. I have embraced the idea and now I want to get down to business.

OK I know it is still early, and knowing the cost, size, and consistency of the book is all fine and good (milking the fans.....morons...did I say that.... frown.gif sorry about that). I am more interested in knowing what will be the same and what will be new. I want rules examples and hard system information.

The one thing I wouldn't like to see change all that much is the Magic System. I would like to see spell effects, range, things of this nature explained in better detail. I think it left a lot open to interpretation. I think streamlining the different general magic systems would be OK.

I think that I am going to like the changes to that effect Deckers. It seems to me they are trying to make the new Network work in a similar way to the way Astral Space works for Mages. So that someone with the right equipment can either "perceive" or "Project" into the network without needing a hardline. Thats what it seems like to me. While I think that could pose potential problems it also brings up a lot of great things to the table.

I would like to see the rules for Decking and Rigging way simplified. I always had issues with these two systems in so much as trying to explain them to my players

But I like the rules for combat. Maybe just make them more streamlined in each group. I like that Melee and Ranged combat works differently from each other. So if they streamline all Melee combat and Ranged combat in its respective group, that would be great.

So what I am hoping is that over the next few months we see more than just story updates and physical details on the new book (I want to here about these parts of the change). But, I want to see some rules, maybe even release a bit of it.... Character Generation rules maybe....or a conversion guide for converting over SR3 Characters.
lord_cack
I think that if they could just find a way to explain things in a more detailed way, and actually organise the book in a proper manner and not have rules that should be lumped together instead separated into different sections. Like the in the SR3 book, why are the rules telling you how many point you get for Knowledge Skills in the Skills section, not in the character generation section (this didn't help the fact that the book was paper back and all the flipping caused the damn thing to just fall apart faster than it was going to anyway)

Little things like this can make a big difference.
fistandantilus4.0
Good job L_C. 12 step program wins again.

I think everyone's watching rigging and decking the most, wanting to see if it'll be a revolution, or a load of crap.

I'm hoping for a better cyber system too. I know we've all gone on for hours about limits of essence cost, cyberlimbs, cyber upgrades, calling Wired reflexes 3 wired reflexes 3 in game, etc, drek cetera (oh yeah, and someone went off on the lingo too. hehe).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012