Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Logo
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Toa
Just crossed my mind: what "Shadowrun" logo will 4th Edition use? I guess it's pretty unlikely that they'll revert to the cool 2nd Edition version (admit it, we LOVED the skull!). But will they stay with the 3rd logo or go for something new?
Euchrid
Man, I love that skull. A lot of the second edition art is tacky (though I am a sucker for big eighties hair) but I just love the goddamn skull logo.
mfb
the skull got pulled, according to the rumor mill, because the artist of said skull never got paid. i think the tribal S will remain in use.
Doc Byte
So pay the poor guy his money and bring back the logo. Even if he wants a million dollars. Who cares? I'd happily pay a dollar / Euro more for the BBB, if I'd get the logo back.
Kanada Ten
I'd rather kill you and everyone who wants that as the logo. Maybe something fresh, but not the old hat. <shudder> So tacky.
Arethusa
I'm afraid I have to agree. I don't even like the tribal S that much, but the skull was not any good. I'd prefer and expect something new and hopefully good.
Kanada Ten
Wait, you're being hopeful? About... Shadowrun? The world really is coming to an end biggrin.gif Horay!
Arethusa
Don't worry, I am willfully avoiding paying attention to the Very Sharp Rocks ahead.
Fortune
I don't know if they have the new logo (if any) already set in stone, but it probably wouldn't hurt for a few of the Adepts of the Artist's Way Dumpshockers to submit some ideas.
JACK THE CHIPPER
I'd also prefer something fresh, new and shiny biggrin.gif .
Large Mike

Despite being firmly in the skull-was-cool camp, we're moving into a brave new age of shadowrun. I don't think that we should be using the old trappings. It's... contrary to the spirit of the release.
Smed
I'm nostalgic for the skull, but I agree we need something new and fresh.
Critias
And shiney. Very shiney.
Toa
As much as I liked that old skull, I also have to agree something new would be better. But it should tie in the fantasy elements a bit, like the skull and scroll did in 2nd Edition. The 3rd Edition logo seemed a bit too... sleek.

How about a virtual skull? In best "augmented reality"-fashion? wink.gif
torinaga
I loved the skull, but yea I'd go for shiney. How about a part chromed skull (any artist out there looking for work let's see what you have)
Mortax
I say either bring back the skull, or go with Toa or Torinaga ideas.
Jrayjoker
I vote for new and improved.

The skull was fun, but now its old. The S was trendy, but now it is too ethnic to apply to the SR universe as a whole.

Something anachronistic in chrone works for me.
Young Freud
I think an exploded-view of a horned cyber skull, similar to the old Shadowtech book, would work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012