Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much time do your characters spend together?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Edward
How much time do your characters spend together when not on a job?

A resent thread about bringing a group together got me thinking about this.

How much do your characters socialize with each other.

Personally we usually start with a purely working relationship and sometimes become closer.

Edward
Critias
Depends on the character (in that there have been some other 'runners that he's insulted openly, or actually beaten with his fists, on several occasions), but my character's fairly heavily involved socially with a few of the folks my main dude runs with. "Involved socially" is a euphamism. Wink wink, nudge nudge.
Grinder
It depends on the characters. Some are loners, some don't want to hang around with runners all the time (preferrin surfers, rockers or what ever) and some are close friends.

In my current campaign the main chars (three) are close friends and spend a lot of time together. Other chars joining the group on ocassion are not so close-connected to the three main chars, just because they are not so long around. Friendship needs time to be formed.
Smed
Most of the characters in my group don't socialize together that much, just the occasional get together. They do help each other out though. My rigger lives next door to the Shaman and Mage, and we help each other out on setting up security for our places.
Dawnshadow
Went roomies.. it's the closest.. Some are roommates, but all of them have full time jobs in the same 'minicorp'.. yes, not a typical runner situation. They work for their fixer, have 'legal' contracts for the legal side of what they do. Some of them are even executives wink.gif
Daegann
> Out of character, it's (for me at less) better if characters can trust or just appreciate the rest of characters rather than hate them. Because it's better for the ambiance. Or, if some characters didn't like them it must be only on roleplay and keep attention to not do things really worse to the other characters.

With this in mind, my characters have generally no real social relation with the rest of character I play with (in case it's first time I meet this character... In fact I say "generally" because I tend to play with a lot of different players and I didn't know al their characters). But for some characters (with who I play often) my characters have generally good relation. For example one of my character and a friend's character are in love (after a lot of adventure together and a funny period of roleplay). With an other characters, I have squatted the lifestyle of another characters in the groups, and meet often other. In the other hand, I have also play a situation where another character was jealous about my love story and don't like my character (and my character don't know why...) It was also fun to play because we stay in the limit.

To be more constructive, I believe, it's important to have good (or rivalities) rapport between characters because it make them more living. Story can be developed thanks to that and it's cool to see interaction between characters without business.

P.S. : Sorry, I feel I write really bad in english for this post ^^;;
> Daegann
Smiley
Our group has memberships to the same clubs and there's also a certain bit of inter-team commerce. Borrowing of contacts, enchanting goods, that sort of thing. Aside from that, it's all run-related.
Kagetenshi
Our characters spend a certain amount of time together, primarily during post-run celebrations. That being said, the tendency to gloss over any period where nothing important is happening (where meaningful character interaction is counted as important, but a lot of sleeping goes on after runs) probably increases the feeling of spending time together beyond what actually occurs.

~J
Fortune
QUOTE (Daegann @ Mar 20 2005, 02:57 AM)
Sorry, I feel I write really bad in english for this post

I wouldn't keep worrying about it. You are getting your point across just fine. Even better than some of those people for whom english is their native language. wink.gif
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Daegann)
Sorry, I feel I write really bad in english for this post ^^;;
> Daegann

Don't stress! I am English and I cant wright for toffy!

Torz x biggrin.gif
The Grifter
Don't stress! I am English and I cant wright for toffy!

I'd write for toffee. Mmmmm, yummy toffee....... talker.gif
FrostyNSO
Heh, I love torzzzzz's comments cyber.gif

Our group is pretty fluid, but for the most part are good friends.

Two of them go to the gym together and spend time at eachother's houses to watch baseball or pay-per-view. Another one had a bad drug problem and the two above helped him ride it out (at one point handcuffing him to a Ford Americar). Now clean, he stays at one of the character's safehouses full time.

The only one on the fringe is the mage. He believes he has been endowed with divine power and now seeks worshippers because he needs them to increase his power. Obviously, this hampers any normal friendly relationships.
The Grifter
(at one point handcuffing him to a Ford Americar).

Nothing like the loving support of good friends. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012