Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What about the current living world?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Vistcoatis
I guess one thing I am thinking about here, is how there has been so much devoted to the current living game and now it seems alittle funny to change midstream. Since I know that a new modual is being introduced at GenCon for the living game, and I can only assume that this is where they are gonna premiere SR4 also, how will this whole deal conflict, or wont it? maybe they will simply leave the old game in the past and keep going with no real support, or force a transistion to the new system. The idea of a transistion presents some interesting delimeas though, such as: will everything I need to remake or update my char be in the new SR4 main book or will I have to sit and wait a year till enough remake books and supplements come out that allow me to make my char. My character isnt very odd really, he is pretty standard face, but he does have some wear esp bio that may not even be included anymore. Plus it is my guess that they are abandonning the whole priority system in favour of point buy, which inevitably changes many characters around. So what are peeps thoughts on this?
Toa
QUOTE (Vistcoatis)
Plus it is my guess that they are abandonning the whole priority system in favour of point buy, which inevitably changes many characters around.

Even if they did, this would be nothing that would affect your character since he has already been generated - no need to change.
Jrayjoker
So many other threads covering all these topics, so little time.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Vistcoatis)
will everything I need to remake or update my char be in the new SR4 main book or will I have to sit and wait a year till enough remake books and supplements come out that allow me to make my char.

You... you're kidding, right? That's the whole point behind SR4.
ThreeGee
You... you're kidding, right? That's the whole point behind SR4.

Umm if thats the case why the Street Magic book?
Synner
I think that should be obvious: because SR4 will have something like 400 pages at most (on a very good day) and no matter how small the type not everything that currently makes up 7+ rulebooks is going to fit in one volume.
Cynic project
QUOTE (Synner)
I think that should be obvious: because SR4 will have something like 400 pages at most (on a very good day) and no matter how small the type not everything that currently makes up 7+ rulebooks is going to fit in one volume.

And ther other books that have bits of rules in them..Such as T:WL SOTA's, YOTC...and so on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012