Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gang enmity
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DrJest
I was putting together the background for a character, and as I wrote I decided I needed a rivalry with a Redmond street gang (the character's parents were killed by them). Looking at the SRC rules for building enemies, and specifically the table on p. 70, I think they would be the equivalent of a level 2 enemy, but I'm not sure. So I'm looking for advice; something reasonable to take to a GM.

The kind of situation I'm looking at here is that it has been a few years since the deaths. The character's parents were killed, the character killed a few Brain Eaters in return, but it's been a while. The gang are unlikely to be actively looking for him any more, but they'd certainly try and frag him if he turned up on their turf. A level 2 enemy would have around 6 points of characteristics; I was thinking possible Power 3 (able to attack the character in person) and Motivation 3 (at the least a severe beating), but Knowledge 0 (they don't know where to find him and aren't going to put themselves out trying).

Does that sound reasonable? Overvalued? Undervalued? Or have I gotten the wrong end of the stick completely?
Vuron
I think a combination of power + motivation = 6 is about right for most street gangs as long as thier territory is going to to be one the character might at least occasionally mess about in. Now if they are a heavy hitter like the ancients or the tigers (go gangs with a lot of muscle) they can start pretty easily going into the level 3 or 4 enemy range.

But yeah it's not bad assuming that the gangers might notice the character at a meet in some bar in the barrens and call thier chummers to stomp the drek out of the character.
FrostyNSO
That sounds good to me.
DrJest
Great, thanks guys smile.gif
Jrayjoker
Yep, looks good. I just started my campaign and gave a character a 2 point enemy of power level 4 (made guy in the mafia, looking for her, doesn''t know her name, able to kill her, but not supported or opposed by the rest of La Casa Nostra in that pursuit).
The Grifter
I remember tangling with those Rusted Stilletos. There was like 10 of them, and they each took about 6 shots from my Uzi III to kill. Got alot of karma, though.

Wait, nevermind. That was the SNES game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012