Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Story Advancement
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
lord_cack
I think that one of the major things that I don't like about Shadowrun in general is the timeline. I love how detailed it is and how it helps to understand the setting as a whole. I just think its getting a little crazy.

Its not so the advancing of things like the Matrix. Because that is something that effects every facet of the game in one way shape or form and in a new edition with new rules needs to be explained.

Its more about how they tie up every loose end. Like with Bug City, they could have just left it alone and let it play out in each individual game group in a natural way or the Renraku Arc Shut down the same thing. No instead they have to explain it. Which means that in future products the GM would either have to wait to find out what happened, change what happened naturally in his group, or alter the new content to fit his group. Which is a lot of work. I just think that if you start something like that, with adventures around it, and multiple possible outcomes...then you should just let it be and let the pieces fall where they may. Because what one GM and group may have experienced isn't what another group experienced and they all shouldn't be forced to live the same set of events just because the company seems to have this need to explain every facet of the setting to everyone.
Kagetenshi
Mm. I'm going to semidisagree here. There are some plotlines that should have been left open, IMO (Dragonheart trilogy, I'm looking at you) and some that probably should have stayed vaguer (Deus arc), but Chi-town remaining permanently bugged makes no sense.

~J
lord_cack
I don't mean stay permanently bugged out, but they didn't have to say "This is exactly why its not bugged." Just gloss over the reason would suffice.
Kagetenshi
Disagree again. FAB III is a wonderful introduction, and leaves Chi-town a playful fun palace of a different sort. 'Sides, it makes very little sense for the method of recapture to not be known.

~J
Jrayjoker
If the developers are moving the world along in 1 year (or 5 year) incriments (as it appears they are) then there needs to be movement in all areas, including the major plotlines. The closure is necessary so new plotlines can be intorduced IMO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012