Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decking and Tally
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Blackout
Is there a way for a decker to lower the security tallies he/she recieves? I understand every success made by the host/grid in a system test adds a tally but can a decker make checks, use a utility or something to lower them?
fistandantilus4.0
Lurk in a corner for the system to reset, Of course, that can take hours on some hosts. And you have to make idle checks. basically to see if the system sees you lurking. And there's patrolling sec deckers. Kinda like hiding in the broom closet, but no bleach smell.
Blackout
Thanks, knew about that i was wondering if there was any programs made for it yet.
fistandantilus4.0
nope!
Edward
Wasn’t there a program that aplyed to null operation checks while your waiting around.
Also I think there was a program option for attack programs that meant you get less security tally for crashing IC with that program.

Edward
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Lurk in a corner for the system to reset, Of course, that can take hours on some hosts. And you have to make idle checks. basically to see if the system sees you lurking. And there's patrolling sec deckers. Kinda like hiding in the broom closet, but no bleach smell.

AFAIK, it doesn't begin to reset until you log off.

~J
Eyeless Blond
QUOTE (Edward)
Wasn’t there a program that aplyed to null operation checks while your waiting around.
Also I think there was a program option for attack programs that meant you get less security tally for crashing IC with that program.

Edward

Deception for the null ops (which you want high anyway for logon/logoff tests too). The attack option is either Sneak or Stealth; one of those increases your DF while using the utility and the other does what you describe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012