Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Initiating Psy ads,
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zephania
OK I know that psyads when they initiate can get centering but what other powers can they use? Masking?

Nothing I've looked in seems to tell me but hey its late here and I've sunk a few.
Ancient History
My Metamagics Page
Kanada Ten
I can't believe I forgot about the new ones.
Zephania
Thanks guys I got the awnser I needed.

(you need astral perception to get masking and as psy ads can buy it they can have it)
Kanada Ten
One can use Deep Weed to induce Astral Perception in an Awakened character or additionally use an astral shallow. I was sure one didn't need Astral Perception at all, but didn't bring MitS.
toturi
I checked my MITS and Astral Perception does not seem to be needed for Masking. Where did you get that?
Kanada Ten
From Ancient's site; it must be an error - seems so since it talks about requiring Astral Projection for piercing, which should simply be Astral Perception.
Zephania
It does make sense though that to change your aura you'd need to have some idea of what you're changing.

Right now my problem is a character who has never seen an aura trying to alter/ mask his aura.
toturi
Not if you are changing your own aura. It can be as simple as,"Think mundane. Think mundane..."
Ancient History
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
From Ancient's site; it must be an error - seems so since it talks about requiring Astral Projection for piercing, which should simply be Astral Perception.

K10 - Hrm, I was looking at the section where you can take an astral quest to pierce an initiate's Masking. I suppose it's the roundabout way of doing it.
DrJest
Centerimg, then Masking, are the metamagics to choose for physads. Nothing says "in your face" to the bad guys like the "mundane uncybered" guy suddenly going into Cuisinart mode.
Dissonance
... partially because those (until recently) were the only two metamagics that were really worth taking (or available) as a Physad.

*cough*
Fortune
While that is true, Adepts can use Centering in a wider variety of situations. Each type of situation requires a seperate Metamagic (which is as it should be).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012