Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Useless AAA
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Da-som
Which, and why ?
Demonseed Elite
Shiawase. It just unfortunately lacks character. It has the whole "feuding family" element to its management, but I can't identify or empathize with any of the family members, which leaves the whole thing pretty bland for me. And when it starts tossing in vampire otaku or whatever, it only gets worse.
Grinder
Shiawase - for me it's just a faceless megacorp with japanese heritage. Booooring! nyahnyah.gif
Solstice
Hey I have an idea. I'm going to make a poll about useless polls.
Shockwave_IIc
It was a toss between Shiawise and Cross, both are lacking any real character for me. Cross has the whole "Anti Ares" angle but i find that a real poor alternative to character. the only reason Shiawise beat cross is because i've used it in a few runs so it's embeded into my game and my players.
The Question
Wuxing.

Being nice to people has no place in the Shadowrun Corporate marketplace!
Cray74
QUOTE (Da-som)
Which, and why ?

Cross. It only seems to exist to be a foil to Ares.
DragginSPADE
They all add something to the shadowrun world, but I've never even HEARD of Cross being used in a game, so it gets my vote.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (DragginSPADE)
They all add something to the shadowrun world, but I've never even HEARD of Cross being used in a game, so it gets my vote.

VERY brifly in Brainscan
Kagetenshi
CATCo has the Seraphim, but they're still low man on the totem pole. They aren't useless, but they're the closest to it.

~J
Nath
Mitsuhama. The only thing it had was the Yakuza connection. Corporate Download downplayed that, while Wuxing got a more interesting one with Triads. The involvement in Tsimshian is the only thing I can think of.

There's a lot more to do with Shiawase (family feud and Japanese politics, Korin Yamana, Rhonabwy and employees also having shares, the strong corporate culture, the MIFD...) and Cross (the Seraphim, the story of Cross & Gavilan, the part of Dunkelzahn operations network "stolen", the connection with Proteus...).
Garland
Actually, I kinda like Mistuhama as kind of the paragon of a cold and amoral corporate mindset. They build computers, they think like computers. I play that shtick more than in the Yakuza shtick.
Vuron
Quebec megacorp need I say more?
Kagetenshi
What we need is a proper French megacorp. Enough with this Québécois imitation.

~J
toturi
Novatech. A AA masquerading as a AAA only on a technicality.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Garland)
Actually, I kinda like Mistuhama as kind of the paragon of a cold and amoral corporate mindset. They build computers, they think like computers. I play that shtick more than in the Yakuza shtick.

It would be nice to know excatly what cyberware Toshiro Mitsuhama has in his head.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Mar 22 2005, 11:25 PM)
What we need is a proper French megacorp. Enough with this Québécois imitation.

Non! wink.gif
kerensky
Novatech is just a corp begging to be picked at. And Québécois doesn't mean it's necessarily a pale copy of the French, even if SR's Québec is way too stereotyped for my own taste.

***edited to correct typo
TeOdio
HATERS RECOGNIZE!
Yamatetsu is poo poo.
Hey a third grade rhyme!.
I run my game in Detroit so I get a lot of milage out of CatCo and Ares. In my game Novatech has just been formed but i like the ruthlessness of Villiers, so I'll probably throw them in for fun.
For me, the one mega I've never used was Yamatetsu. I've been running for a while, and back in the day there were just 3 non Japanese megas, Ares< Saeder-Krupp, and Aztechnology. Yamatetsu's only real weirdness is the Free Spirit on the board, an Ork for a CEO now, and the fact they are reviled by almost all of Japan. The "Stuff that makes them different" seems too contrived for me. And since Shadowrun has moved away from the whole JapanCorps Rulez mentality they stuck the Corp in the armpit of Russia to add another country with a Mega presence. Novatech might not make the cut in 4th Ed, but I hope Alamos 20K nukes Buttercup and her crap ass company as well.
lick.gif
nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Now i'm curious. Who voted Saeder Krupp and why??
Garland
Obviously the voter was someone from SK, conducting a disinformation campaign.

"SK? Never got much use outta them. Pretty harmless little company, really."
Cynic project
And yet, no one has voted for Ares?I think it is because Ares is the best..... After all, they get to sell arms to CAS,UCAS and the NAN.... Oh aren't they so nice?
TeOdio
I'm surprised how many hit up Shiawase. They are the very essence of EVIL. The Original Extra Territorial Mega. The MFDR (In my opinion, one of the coolest ideas, especially with so little info in the books, you can tailor it to be as insidious as you want). Plus they have a Nuke division all their own. Yeah, it's a family company, but a pretty dysfunctional family, add in Korin Yamana from Fuchi.... I think there is a wealth of Runner Fodder in that company.
nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012