Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shedim take over stuffed toy!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DrJest
Friend of mine sent me this piece of weirdness:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

and I got to wondering - these shedim, can they only take over living creatures?
toturi
If those were made from former living material, I would think so.
DrJest
Yyyeeuuurrrggg... But nonetheless, run-worthy... Where are shedim described? I have a vague idea for a run involving a cult using possessed toys as tools of their nefarious scheme.
Critias
It bothers me that someone's getting $150+ for a stuffed doll you can buy direct from Disney for probably, like, $20. Not because I feel sorry for whatever moron ends up with the high bid, but because I didn't think of it first.
RangerJoe
Mmm.... smells like an adventure to run my players through. When Dunkie Dolls go bad.... mwahahaha
torzzzzz
I has got to be a huge farce! good idea though! smile.gif

torz x
Digital Heroin
I wouldn't say Shedim. Shedim are cliche.... an Imp is far more likely in this case. The tale itself is amusing, but only that.
Lindt
Its an interesing thing to throw at a group. Some poor VP somewhere has a crazed toy, he calls the right people (read Dr. J) wants it GONE. J says sure, laughs in his face calls some 2 bit runners to break into VPs place, snatch the doll. Shit goes wrong from there on out.

Entertaining
Kanada Ten
Shedim are first described in Year of the Comet. The fluff text mentions only the taking of [meta]human vassles, but the rules say creature. So, no, the Shedim cannot take over a doll... unless the doll was once alive.
Crimson Jack
Sounds more like a low-force free ally spirit which has inhabited the doll. A frickin' Stitch homonculi.
Da9iel
Wasn't experiment 626 (or whatever Stitch's designation was) made to create havoc (backing up sewers, reprogramming stoplights, etc.)?
ef31415
Long time ago I read a story about a hit man hired to kill a kitten.

The cat won.
Fresno Bob
Wasn't that one of the shorts in the "Tales From The Darkside" movie? It had that guy Buster Poindexter in it...
DrJest
QUOTE (ef31415)
Long time ago I read a story about a hit man hired to kill a kitten.

The cat won.

IN which case the balance has been redressed here and here cool.gif
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Wasn't that one of the shorts in the "Tales From The Darkside" movie? It had that guy Buster Poindexter in it...

Ah yes, the "evil black cat" that was knocking off the three reclusive siblings. That was a pretty silly segment. The cat hiding in the hitman's body cavity to knock off the last surviving sibling at the end was rather icky though.
Fresno Bob
Oh man that was creepy. There was also the Mummy segment, but what was the other one? I can't remember it no matter how hard I try.
Sandoval Smith
The last story was the even sillier. It was the one with the gargoyle, that an artist saw kill a guy. To save his life he promised not to tell anyone about it, and then immediatly afterwards runs into a beautiful woman. It's pretty obvious where all this is going, since the base story itself is only slightly younger than dirt.
Czar Eggbert
my god! the bidding is at 990$. LOL there is a sucker born every minute.
DocMortand
Make that 10,100. Altho the seller has a history of cancelling bids if he can't contact, and the guy with that bid got cancelled once...
durthang
Still, that means someone must have bid something just as insane to get it up that high.
Fresno Bob
QUOTE (Sandoval Smith)
The last story was the even sillier. It was the one with the gargoyle, that an artist saw kill a guy. To save his life he promised not to tell anyone about it, and then immediatly afterwards runs into a beautiful woman. It's pretty obvious where all this is going, since the base story itself is only slightly younger than dirt.

Oh right. That movie sucked. The show, however, was marginally better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012