Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun in Europe
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fourstring_samurai
Hey everybody, long time no post.

I'm not sure if i should have put this in the Shadows of Europe forum or not, so i didn't. My band is going on its first European tour in april, and i was wondering if there are any cool Shadowrun related places to visit, or gaming stores and such to check. below is a list of the cities we will be in, which will mainly be in Germany. thanks everyone!

4.15.05 Germany,Quackenbruck @ Werkstat w/ Rusticate

4.16.05 Germany, Moormerland @ JUZ Phoenix w/ Rusticate

4.17.05 Germany, Vechta @ Gulfhaus w/ Rusticate

4.18.05 Holland, Gronigen @ The Kar

4.19.05 Germany, Bremen @ the Tower w/ Rusticate

4.20.05 TRAVEL DATE

4.21.05 Austria, Vienna @ The Arena w/ The Plot to Blow up the Eiffel Towers

4.22.05 Germany,Numberg @ K4 w/ La Par Force and Penbroke

4.23.05 Germany, Augsburg @ Club Provino w/ La Par Force

4.24.05 Germany, Munich @ MonoFaktur w/ Wishes on a Plane

4.25.05 Austria, Graz w/ worlds between us

4.26.05 Germany, Ludwigsburg @ Rockrabrik w/ Vanilla Sky

4.27.05 Germany, Aachen @ AZ w/ Rusticate and Drac Shagin

4.28.05 Germany, Frankfurt @ Elfer Club w/ Velvet June

4.29.05 Germany, Crailshem @ Juz

4.30.05 Germany, Hersbruck @ Juz w/ Vanilla Sky
Fortune
Nice plug! wink.gif
Backgammon
The clever link to shadowrun deserves a mention. I'm impressed.
fourstring_samurai
you guys liked the plug? thanks! wink.gif

seriously, i AM looking for things to do in those cities. i won't have more than an hour or two per day, but i'm the only gamer in the band, and i'll need my nerd fix as often as possible.

The Grifter
He does, trust me. If he don't get his fix, he goes into these fits. It's a mess. It usually takes a young priest and an old priest to sort it out.
The_Sarge
Damn!

If you would tour somewhere near the west (Cologne, Essen, Dortmund... Nearly anywhere in the Rhine-Ruhr Plex), I would be able to help you and would even gladly show you around a bit.

But the cities you're touring are ever so slightly too far away.

The nearest would be Frankfurt. And that's roughly 400km.

I was in Ludwigsburg once, but only inside the Rockfabrik.

You will like it, it's a very cool club and the people there are very, very nice and relaxed. My ex-girlfriend lives near. Perhaps she will even be at your gig. I don't know... *smiles*

If you ever are in the Rhine-Ruhr Plex, PM me.
fourstring_samurai
I definitely will. we should be back sometime in the next 8 months, so i'll try to keep ya posted.
Grinder
Bremen is close to me. But tell me first, which kind of music you make. Can't show up at a Red Hot Chili Peppers-kind show. biggrin.gif
fourstring_samurai
well, the closest bands to us i can think of are Sparta, Thursday, and Quicksand. we've got samples of our music online if you're interested. the link below should take you there. so, are there any cool gaming things or places to see in bremen?
torzzzzz
Thats cool but no one ever seems to come to the UK, you can't say you have done Europe without comeing here!

Good luck with the tour though!

torz x wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (fourstring_samurai)
well, the closest bands to us i can think of are Sparta, Thursday, and Quicksand. we've got samples of our music online if you're interested. the link below should take you there. so, are there any cool gaming things or places to see in bremen?

I'm sorry, but none of the mentioned bands is anyting to me. Never heard of em before? Could you maybe name some mroe mainstream bands? Or your genre? I have some trouble to open your page, using firefox.

Bremen has one nice rpg-shop, but nothing more when it comes to gaming. Wonder what you are expecting to find?
fourstring_samurai
thanks torzzzzz! the UK is really expensive, so we're not going there until next time, maybe 7 or 8 months from now.

grinder, try this link:

our myspace page

its got some rough cuts of our newest stuff on there.

our genre is indie rock, and the closest things mainstream i could compare us to are AFI and My Chemical Romance, which are indie bands that broke through to mainstream. hope that helps.

i'm really just looking for a place to kill a few hours in each city. the drives are so short that we'll possibly have a lot of time on our hands each day, and i wanted to find some cool gaming stores or places close to that so i could occasionally get my game nerd fix.

what's the name of the shop in bremen?
Grinder
Ok, i'll check the page from another computer when i'm back from work. indie rock sounds ok to me, even it's not the genre i'm listening to a lot. I'm more into death metal and hardcore.

I don't know how the shop is called, sorry. Hardly know how to get there. Bremen hasn't so much things to spent a nice time on or to visit. Honestly, it's an ugly industrial city, with only a small night life area. Maybe thats the reason i'm not living directly in the city, but in one of the surrounding towns. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012