Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thank you
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
L.D
I would like to thank FanPro and every freelancer and playtester who's working on SR4 for doing just that. I think it was needed and I believe that you will do a good job.

Thank you.

Lucyfersam
I agree wholeheartedly.
GrinderTheTroll
Um, it's their job. eek.gif
L.D
But they could have just kept on putting out books with new rules to make a bigger mess and create more stuff that could be interpreted in fifteen different ways because of something said in the BBB. Instead they put a lot of effort into creating SR4 and though I don't have time to read all the posts here the majority of the ones I have read are about how much SR4 is gonna suck. I just wanted a thread to show my appreciation.
Grinder
Someone has to take the role of the nice & good guy. Wearing a white hat and so... biggrin.gif

Wonder who's the evil villain.
mfb
if i weren't such a big fan of knocking down SR3 in order to make room for a better game, i'd take the job.
Charon
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll @ Mar 24 2005, 05:09 PM)
Um, it's their job.  eek.gif

Hey, if travelers on a airline jet applaud the pilot when he safely lands the plane, I think we can thank the developer for doing their job too. wink.gif
GrinderTheTroll
The fact is they (FanPro) are producing product(s) that they want us to purchase. They should be thanking us (and I mean all the SR community not just DS) for continually buying any SR products. Without a loyal customer base, you are in for the long-haul, not vice-versa.

I do appreciate quality products and services, but don't forget *we* are the customers. You will not gain any special favor from Fanpro on your great comments, no one is going to mark your name down on a list and call you up for a cash prize or special award. The only way you can show FanPro you like what they are producing is to continue to buy what they have to sell.

It's almost a given many of us will buy SR4 if nothing else to see what it has to offer. IMO, the bigger telling moment is if folks clammor to purchase additional rules and suppliments beyond the core SR4 rules.
Siege
I agree with the idea that certain parts of the game needed some serious attention.

I'm not sure I care for the deckers are now hackers bit, but I'm willing to suspend opinion until I get more information.

And to be perfectly honest, if I don't like what they've done with SR 4.0, I can always go elsewhere or use a different system.

-Siege
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Charon @ Mar 24 2005, 06:19 PM)

Hey, if travelers on a airline jet applaud the pilot when he safely lands the plane, I think we can thank the developer for doing their job too. wink.gif

I don't [Edit: applaud pilots for landing, that is]. See opening scene of Reservoir Dogs.

~J
Toa
"I don't believe in applauding."

Thanks anyways. wink.gif
L.D
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
The fact is they (FanPro) are producing product(s) that they want us to purchase. They should be thanking us (and I mean all the SR community not just DS) for continually buying any SR products. Without a loyal customer base, you are in for the long-haul, not vice-versa.

I do appreciate quality products and services, but don't forget *we* are the customers. You will not gain any special favor from Fanpro on your great comments, no one is going to mark your name down on a list and call you up for a cash prize or special award. The only way you can show FanPro you like what they are producing is to continue to buy what they have to sell.

It's almost a given many of us will buy SR4 if nothing else to see what it has to offer. IMO, the bigger telling moment is if folks clammor to purchase additional rules and suppliments beyond the core SR4 rules.

But know you're focusing on the company, but my focus was on the people. I'm not after special favor or anything of the sort. I just figured that the people working on SR4 that frequent DSF would like at least one thread which actually thanked them instead of accusing them of ruining the game...
Charon
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (Charon @ Mar 24 2005, 06:19 PM)

I don't [Edit: applaud pilots for landing, that is]. See opening scene of Reservoir Dogs.

~J

Aww. So you don't believe in tipping.

Funny, I can totally imagine you with the face of Harvey Keitel.
Kagetenshi
Now, if the developers, freelancers, and playtesters had refilled my coffee six times…

~J
Adam
Errata, FAQs, unpublished material, previews, direct access via forums, etc -- there's your coffee refills. smile.gif
Arethusa
Etc is not an item. That is not six refills. Now, I am sorry, but I ain't tipping on that kind of shoddy service.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 24 2005, 09:26 PM)
FAQs

Ok, now you're really not getting a tip wink.gif

Besides, we can't let you know you're appreciated. Downtrodden workers are more productive. And more amusing grinbig.gif

~J
Adam
Original fiction! PDFs! Developers Blog!

There's seven, six if you don't count the FAQ.

If you're not gonna tip, stop peeking down my shirt. wink.gif
Kagetenshi
Well, ok, for that I'll tip.

~J
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
Um, it's their job. eek.gif

Well...no. It's not my job. It's at best an avocation that I do because I enjoy it. It's sure as hell not for the pay.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (L.D)
I would like to thank FanPro and every freelancer and playtester who's working on SR4 for doing just that. I think it was needed and I believe that you will do a good job.

Ditto.
Mr. Man
QUOTE (L.D @ Mar 24 2005, 05:48 PM)

Same here.
Caine Hazen
Add in my thanks to all! I'll see you at GenCon..and I'll owe you all drinks!
Critias
I (might) thank you after seeing SR4. I'm not gonna thank you and praise anyone for it before I've got a copy in my grubby little paws, though. Sorry.
Wireknight
Yeah. There's a distinct possibility the changes to SR might actually be substantial enough to kill my equally substantial interest in the game, with SR4. Until I know whether SR4 is all it can be, in a good way, versus all it can be, in a horrible way, I'm withholding judgment and thanks. I'm hopeful, though.
L.D
As long as they don't make it D20 I'm pretty sure that it will be a good game. biggrin.gif

I know there's a chance (not so big) I might not like the final product, but that doesn't change the effort they put into making the game.
mintcar
I can part with my thanks allready. This is worth a shot, and I owe you thanks simply for doing it.

(Please, please do it well too smile.gif )
nezumi
QUOTE (Charon)
Hey, if travelers on a airline jet applaud the pilot when he safely lands the plane..

I don't ever want to ride any airlines were a successful landing is unusual enough to warrant applause, or where the pilot feels the appreciation of a bunch of random strangers makes not crashing into the ground worthwhile.

I will say thanks to the developers for being willing to go through the dung fight they've put themselves in. They obviously think they're doing right by the game and for the fans. People always react poorly to change, even if the only change is they won't have any new books they're interested in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012