Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 4th edition - Cyberpunk203x ?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MidnightGhost
I don't know if anybody has heard this but they are doing a new edition of cyberpunk.

http://www.gamegrene.com/node/438

They say the net has crashed in their new revision and they have made big changes afterward...

So I guess my question is this a coincidence or what ? Or better yet, is this a sign theat the " Cyberpunk " style of gaming is making a comeback ?

Siege
The much bantered "New Cyberpunk" or "FuzionPunk" has been tossed about for years.

I don't think it's a sign that the "cyberpunk" genre is making a comeback, even if fantasy games have held sway of late.

As for the new 'Punk release - I'll believe it when I see it on a shelf, next to the Holy Grail and not before.

-Siege
Cynic project
QUOTE (Siege)

As for the new 'Punk release - I'll believe it when I see it on a shelf, next to the Holy Grail and not before.

-Siege

I'll also take the Ark of the Covent, Spear of Destiny, The philosophers stone , or even the Golden Flees.
Garland
You actually want flees? Even if they are made of gold, that's not a lot of value...

rotfl.gif
Siege
It all depends on what you're fleeing from.

-Siege
Fortune
QUOTE (Garland)
You actually want flees? Even if they are made of gold, that's not a lot of value...

As long as he doesn't want fleas! wink.gif
Garland
I was just itching to respond to that typo. But now it looks like we're going to run with this.
Fortune
It bugged me too, but I didn't want to turn this into a circus.
mfb
you, sirrah, will meet me on the field of honor at dawn so that i can slay you for those puns. i only regret that you have but one life to give.
Siege
Fine, fine - we all saw the typo, but really, who wanted to be the first to collar on it?

-Siege
Garland
QUOTE (mfb)
you, sirrah, will meet me on the field of honor at dawn so that i can slay you for those puns. i only regret that you have but one life to give.

C'mon, mfb, you mite need to just calm down.
Fortune
We really should stop before we tick somebody off.
Young Freud
QUOTE (Siege @ Mar 25 2005, 04:13 PM)
The much bantered "New Cyberpunk" or "FuzionPunk" has been tossed about for years.

8 years to be exact (according to Shockwave: Firestorm, the final event book of CP:2020), with Mike and Lisa telling everyone that it would debut at Gencon in for the first 4 or 5 years. I was rather surprised to hear SR4 is to be released at this Gencon, but not surprised to hear about CP3x.

I'm surprised to hear Mike is making noise about an upcoming release. Microsoft has been very good to Mike over the last 8 years, so much so that he's run RTG as more of a hobby than a real job, and one that he's rarely had time for.

I pretty much gave up on Cyberpunk and went to Shadowrun within the 5 years because of the hold-up. If it comes out this year, I might pick it up, but not before the latest SR book.
Eyeless Blond
I ant gonna comment on any of this.
Link
Speaking of SR4 & CP, how would some sort of OGL go? Gearbooks could be made that would work in both games, like the Chromebook conversions. Or better still convert CP to the SR system and have 1 core book for both.

Would this fly?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012