Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking on the bright side
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
RunnerPaul
It's interesting to note, that if they keep up the seven year interval (SR3 to SR4 was seven years, SR2 to SR3 was six), then this should be the last Edition update for the 5th world, as we'll be due for SR5 in 2012.
NightHaunter
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
It's interesting to note, that if they keep up the seven year interval (SR3 to SR4 was seven years, SR2 to SR3 was six), then this should be the last Edition update for the 5th world, as we'll be due for SR5 in 2012.

And SR1 to SR2 was 5 years. I predicted this. Next one should be 8 years to keep the curve. So about 2013.
Holy shit thats post awakening! eek.gif
mfb
well, yeah. they'll need a while to figure out exactly what changes need to be made to the magic system, etcetera.
MYST1C
QUOTE (NightHaunter)
And SR1 to SR2 was 5 years.

Nope.
Three years: 1989-1992.
Fortune
QUOTE (NightHaunter @ Apr 1 2005, 01:27 AM)
And SR1 to SR2 was 5 years.

As far as I know, it was just over 3 years from SR1 to SR2 ... 1989 to 1992.

Edit: Bah! Beaten again! That's what I get for doubting myself and actually looking it up for confirmation! nyahnyah.gif
NightHaunter
I bow to thy superior knowledge, and now realise my mistake.
Bugger.
Vuron
Maybe Dunklezahn will purchase the rights (or more likely sue for them) and put out a really kickin' version wink.gif
MYST1C
QUOTE (Fortune)
As far as I know, it was just over 3 years from SR1 to SR2 ... 1989 to 1992.

And yet there are people complaining because SR4 comes "so soon" (1998-2005 = 7 years!).

QUOTE (Fortune)
Edit: Bah! Beaten again! That's what I get for doubting myself and actually looking it up for confirmation! nyahnyah.gif

biggrin.gif
Pthgar
It's no great thing to be post awakening. Sure, we'll be able to base the magic rules on real magic, but they'll still be screwed up. We'll just have magic version of the debate about how unrealistic gun combat is. Then , the magic version of Raygun to educate us all on how far off base SR(game) magic is from reallity and put critically acclaimed (but too difficult for the average gamer) house rules on their web er... matrix site. biggrin.gif
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Pthgar)
We'll just have magic version of the debate about how unrealistic gun combat is.

As long as one side or the other in a magic version of a debate has a decent Control Thoughts spell and the time to blow on some ritual magic spellcasting, then it becomes a lot easier to win people over to your point of view.
RunnerPaul
By the way, if you're coming into this thread to post a link to what I think you may be wanting to post a link to, just DON'T. They set up the seperate forum for a reason. ohplease.gif
Grinder
I don't even know how to post a link wink.gif

And i don't care.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012