Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running the Arcology
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Endgame50
Hey all,
I need to run the group through the arcology, but there are (understandably) no maps and only sketchy decriptions of each floor. How should I run this? I was thinking it's the closest you'll ever come to a real dungeon in Shadowrun, and you can restrict them to accessing some levels by restricting the floors elevators coudl access--but aside from that, how should I guide them into certain areas? How big should each "floor" be? I assume they're subsectioned. What should I be sure to include in the maps? How many floors should I have them go through? Any nasty / fun ideas to use? Any help, as always, is much appreciated.
Mr.Cato
hey endgame

When I get back from work I'll write you all the details of my runthrough of the Arc. I took my group 3 sessions to complete it... and that was the quick way!

I'll be right back in 8 hours
fistandantilus4.0
try running a search throug hold threads.

I think Demonseed was involved with some mapping, or someone he knew. He had a link to it on one of the old threads.
torzzzzz
There was a thread about this a month back!!

torz x wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
...and the month before that.........

DocMortand
Frankly, due to how things works, you don't have to worry about how to control where the characters goes. Elevators go to random floors no matter what you press (I.E. controlled by Deus) and stairwells have been blocked or are swarming with drones/wild paracritters/Banded in the direction you don't want them to go. *grin*

And yes, this has been covered before, but that's okay. smile.gif
Mr.Cato
[ Spoiler ]
Req
So if you send (rather than post) all that good information, hook me up too, could ya? More inspiration is always welcome; I'm in the middle of an Arc game right now (players will be here in about a half hour, actually.) smile.gif

Once I've got a more usable outline of mine, I'll post as well. Right now it's all still pretty chaotic.
Fortune
I think you should post the rest rather than send it Mr. Cato. Then we could all gt the benefit from it. smile.gif
Endgame50
I apologize to the search nazis. I know it's annoying to see a thread pop up again and again. If anyone cares to notice, my frequenting of these forums is rather sporadic--and I have issues with this search engine. Anyway, I'll endeavor to remember to search first next time! Mr Cato, I'd appreciate your input--either as a post or as a message. If you'd like, I can PM you my email addy or whatever's easiest.
Mr.Cato
for what it's worth...

first for the people who don't have RA:S a quick runthough of the floors with some notes for events.

[ Spoiler ]
Mr.Cato
..and then for some information I collected to do the "room 1835"

[ Spoiler ]
Mr.Cato
for drone combat I jolted down some notes:

Perception. Use Sensor vs. metahuman signature of 6 (5 for trolls). Modifiers p. 136 SR3

Sensor test. Sensor rating vs. 6 (or 5). Direct LOS -2. Urban setting +1. Fog or smog +1. Tight terrain +2

Combat. Must first lock-on to target making active sensor test (can lock-on to multiple targets).
Ranged attack with Pilot rating (w. autosofts) + ˝ sensor rating using robot pool and learning pool. Target # 5 (or 6). Modifiers: urban +2, direct LOS -3, half (round down) recoil before applying compensation. Heavy weapons x2
Melee attack with Pilot (w. autosofts) using learning and robot pools.

Dodge. Using robot and learning pools.

Damage vs. drones. Half power (round down). If this does not beat armor – no damage. If it beats, subtract armor and lower damage level one.

Ramming. Driving (pilot) test vs. handling. Modifiers: Maneuver -4 to +4, Terrain open -1, normal 0, restricted +1, tight +3.

Vehicle-Pedestrian collisions. Power equals speed divided by 10. Speed 1-20 (M), 21-60 (S), 61-200 (D), 201+ (D, power x 1˝). Subject may use combat pool and impact armor.
Vehicle takes: same power, 21-60 (L), 61-200 (M), 201+ (S)

Hitting walls. Barrier rating times 20. Breakthrough if speed higher than this. Power equals barrier rating Level: 0-20 (L), 21-60 (M), 61-200 (S), 201+ (D)

Autosofts. Clearsight adds to sensor tests. Sharpshooter adds to ranged combat..

... I had the drones roll vs. TN 4 for all unarmed combat... no modifiers for lighting (when they have locked on a target)

The Medusa Armor of 8: It has 4 points of hardened armor and 4 xtra points of non hardened armor 4 (cool.gif. First I would check if the reduced power of the weapon was higher than 4... if it was I would deduct 8 point for armor before making the body (mostly 2's)
..and I use 3 dice pr. vehicle body as a house rule.. seems to work nicely.
DocMortand
The drone notes help a lot, thanks! I knew the other two, and was planning on making it part of my operation.

*engages in copy paste operations*
Rev
Renraku shutdown is also one of the pdf ebooks, so it is now very easy to get hold of.
Endgame50
Much obliged, Cato. Thanks much!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012