Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cloned Limbs and growth time
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hermit
Hi!

Since my character is lacking an arm as of lately, I needed to consult all those medical tables and stuff. Now, I decided to get her a cloned new arm, and it lists, besides the price (25.000 nuyen.gif), a 'base growth time' of 8 weeks. Now, the term 'base growth time' implies there are modifiers, and a roll t make, whose results the growth time then isdivided through.

Thus, I checked both Man and Machine and the BBB, and found - nothing. No rules or anything about a "cloning test" or something like that, no modifiers or anything. Now, Man and Machine also has the table that includes the base growth time and price, but includes the mentioning of "forced growth" of donor-things. this procedure would quadruple the price but make the body part available 'much faster', in 'less than 2 months' (calculating the average weeks contained in the term 'two months' I found that - 30 + 31 : 7 = 8.715 (rounded). Note how that is LONGER than the base growth time listed both in BBB and M&M! So, there is a reduction, apparently (and for four times the price, I would damn well expect one!), but the only thing I know is that it is less than 8.715 weeks.

So, what did I miss? Where do I have to look for modifiers? Or is the 'base growth time' just the non-negotiatable, not modifiable growth time for cloned limbs? If so, what IS forced growth good for? Making doctors even richer?

Someone please help me. And I begin, more and more, to see what SR4 is nescessary.
Catsnightmare
Hmmm, IIRC the full rundown is in Shadowtech, (never reprinted in 3rd edition) let me go find my book...

OK Here it is. Clonal body parts take the base time (and cost) to grow. Forced Growth can shorten the growth time. Forced Growth multiplies the cost by its growth rating (choose up to a maximum of 10) and divides the base time by this rating.
Body Part -- Base Time -- Base Price
Small Organ -- 3 weeks -- 7500
Large Organ -- 5 weeks -- 15,000
Hand/Foot --- 6 weeks --- 15,000
Limb -------- 8 weeks ------ 25,000

Grade -- Availability -- Compatability -- Price
Clonal -- Must be grown ---- 100% --------- Base x2
Type O ------ 50% ----------- 90% ----------- Base
Type G ------ 75% ----------- 75% ----------- Base x 0.8
2nd hand -- 100% ------- 3D6 x5% ------ Base x 0.4
The compatability of a Forced Growth part is reduced by twice it's Growth Rate.

Compatability -- Failure Under Stress
100% --------------- No chance
90-99% ------------- 1 in 6
70-89% ------------- 2 in 6
40-69% ------------- 3 in 6
01-39% ------------- 4 in 6
hermit
Thanks! ^_^
Catsnightmare
You and everyone else who has wondered about this are welcome smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012