Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirits and cyberware.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cynic project
If a spirit possed a human with cyberware, could they use it?Could it only use some?

If a ally spirit was given a body made of cyberware, could they use it? Could it only use some?

Lastly what is Gracie?
Crimson Jack
If a spirit possed a human with cyberware, could they use it?Could it only use some?

Yes. The way the spirit power of Possession works, is that the spirit gets its skills as well as those of the host body. The only real issue with this however is that the host must be astrally active, which a lot of cybered characters/NPC's probably won't be. However, some magicians take some cyberware when they lose magic points and in these cases, I would say that the spirit would be able to use the cyberware, including Cyber-weapon Combat skills.
If a ally spirit was given a body made of cyberware, could they use it? Could it only use some?

No. Or at least, that is how I'd rule. Ally spirits can only inhabit either a non-sentient and non-awakened animal or a homonculus (which are made of clay, wood, bronze, stone, or iron). Nothing in the description of homonculi materials leads me to believe that technological devices can be used (such as a body made of cyberware). I would think that even if they could, there would be some issues with exactly how it was interfacing with the controls on the body.
Lastly what is Gracie?

A girl I dated in college. Nuff said. nyahnyah.gif
Apathy

No, but if your ally spirit were given the corpse of your runner friend (after you slipped Fugu into his spagetti last night) to use as a homunculous, he might be able to use the 'ware that was in the body.

Seems like a petro voudoun kinda thing to do.
Edward
I think you could have an ally spirit homunculus with cyberweaer but not neural stuff.

EG, you could summon into a body of human form forged of mettle with cyber arms and legs that include things like spurs and cyber guns but anything that must interact with the neural structure for more than a simple on/off or in/out would not be possible.

I would say the same goes for a possessing spirit. As for how to poses the 0.5 essence character if a spirit has possession and astral gateway (witch I think can be forced) it becomes quite possible.

Edward
Demosthenes
QUOTE (Cynic project)
Lastly what is Gracie?

Depends on the context.
If Wounded_Ronin was using it, it's probably a reference to Gracie Jujutsu or Brazilian JuJutsu (or BJJ).
It's a martial art that deals with grappling a lot (slight oversimplification).

If it was in a context other than unarmed combat, you might want to just ask whoever said it...
Tanka
QUOTE (Demosthenes)
QUOTE (Cynic project @ Apr 4 2005, 07:21 PM)
Lastly what is Gracie?

Depends on the context.
If Wounded_Ronin was using it, it's probably a reference to Gracie Jujutsu or Brazilian JuJutsu (or BJJ).
It's a martial art that deals with grappling a lot (slight oversimplification).

I wouldn't say slight. I'd say it's the understatement of the century.
Cynic project
The gracie I am talkign about is on the BD of the DF...What is she?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Cynic project)

A decker. One who has gone to great lengths to conceal her "true" identity and has a lot of rumors attached to her. There are no canon references to what she truly is.
Cynic project
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
QUOTE (Cynic project @ Apr 5 2005, 03:30 PM)

A decker. One who has gone to great lengths to conceal her "true" identity and has a lot of rumors attached to her. There are no canon references to what she truly is.

So, there is no canon ruling. So she could be a dragon for all we know? I highly doubt that she is just a decker. Either that or I think whoever wrote Fastjack's quote should be hunted down and shot.
Talia Invierno
As well, the Dragonheart trilogy gives something approximating canon on this.
Cynic project
Do you mean Burnout,and his leath (or whatever) spirit friend? because if that is purely conon than if a spirit is not sharing the body then all cyberware works....

Or do you mean any details about Gracie?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Cynic project)
Do you mean Burnout,and his leath (or whatever) spirit friend? because if that is purely conon than if a spirit is not sharing the body then all cyberware works....

Or do you mean any details about Gracie?

I don't remember any references to Gracie in the Dragonheart trilogy. If Talia is talking about Burnout and Lethe, then the rules for such possession are actually canon, in Man and Machine, p 57.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012