Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FASA and the Xbox
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Demonseed Elite
Oh, and I should mention it's the Xbox 2 that this is for.
Kagetenshi
Probably just Battletech again.

~J
Cynic project
I hate battletech..i want it to burn in hell, along with D20....
Critias
Could be Crimson Skies, too.
Fortune
There's been rumors of an upcoming Shadowrun game for a while now. Think positive! smile.gif
Critias
I just play pretend with the Tom Clancy line of games. It's easy to imagine pointy ears on yourself in a first person shooter.
mmu1
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Apr 8 2005, 11:59 AM)
Probably just Battletech again.

~J

I secretely (well, not anymore) hope that Microsoft makes a really good Shadowrun game - mainly just to see how you'll deal with the resulting soul-destroying dilemma. nyahnyah.gif
Kagetenshi
Buy it used, of course. How do you think I dealt with Mechwarrior II? nyahnyah.gif

Edit: oh wait, that'd mean getting an XBox. Hm. I feel torment coming on…

~J
mfb
Crimson Skies 2 would be welcome. i really don't understand why there isn't one already.
Critias
Because God hates you, and so do the rest of us. Duh.
mfb
now there's the pot calling the kettle black!
nezumi
Honestly, even if XBox made a horrible version of SR, I'd buy it. And no, I don't own an XBox and never intend to buy one. I'd get it just to send a message. Maybe I'd end up giving it away or something. Maybe I'd just be a geek and store it with my other books.
Fortune
I'd buy a damn X-Box if Microsoft released a Shadowrun game. Otherwise, I just wouldn't bother getting the game system at all.
BitBasher
Well, since I have no intention of buying an xbox for one game, I hope they pull their head out of their collective asses and release PC versions of anytyhing they're coming up with...
Fortune
QUOTE (BitBasher)
I hope they pull their head out of their collective asses and release PC versions of anytyhing they're coming up with...

Of course, that would be preferable.
Arethusa
No, it wouldn't be. Didn't you play Halo on your computer? Didn't you just love how the gameplay was boring and the framerate impossibly slow on even the best computers? No one cares about computer games anymore.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Arethusa)
No, it wouldn't be. Didn't you play Halo on your computer? Didn't you just love how the gameplay was boring and the framerate impossibly slow on even the best computers? No one cares about computer games anymore.

Really? Not on my computer... it seemed to run fine. Oh, the gameplay was boring and dull, alright, but that's to be expected, as I wasn't particularly impressed by Halo in the first place.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Arethusa)

That's not an argument against PC games, that's an argument against:

1) Spending time rewriting a game to go on a console instead of actually writing the content for the game

2) Taking that console game originally written for the computer and then re-porting it back to the computer

3) Console FPSs period (mouse sensitivity, I'm looking at you).

~J
Arethusa
It's a statement of complete absence of faith in console ports and disgust at the gaming development scene in general, really. Don't expect much from anything ported.
Fortune
Actually, no! I haven't played much of anything other than NWN on my computer, and haven't had a console in years. If the game is better on the X-Box, then I'll just have to get an X-Box.
Kagetenshi
Trust me, I'm a Mac user, I know all about ports.

~J
DrJest
QUOTE (Arethusa)

Having played Halo on both the Xbox and the PC...

The gameplay wasn't that great. Sorry, but that was true on both the Xbox and the PC. Some of it was pretty cool, a lot of it wasn't. Jesus, don't even get me started on that frigging archive level.

The framerate was slow because of a coding error with certain graphics drivers. I believe they patched it, but in short, the port was screwed up.
Paul
I'm sure not everyone would agree with this, but I'd love to see a SR game along the lines of GTA and Ghost Recon. Mods that can be updated, game play that isn't linear.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Arethusa)

Tried that, learned how to set it to use the 1.0 filters (only in a command line option, no config setting for it), ended up looking and running better than on an Xbox. Gameplay was unchanged.
Kagetenshi
Share?

~J
Herald of Verjigorm
Sorry, mistyped, using 1.1. 1.2 was the questionable one, but I think 1.1 and 1.0 work just fine.
halo.exe -use11

I don't have the text that suggested this command anymore, so I can't tell you if it's -use10 or what for the other clean setting.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Trust me, I'm a Mac user, I know all about ports.

Ha, no doubt. Macs are definitely not what you buy when games are your thing.

I have a Mac and a PC. Best of both worlds.
Adam
I dunno ... I think I prefer multiple Macs and a PC. wink.gif
Crimson Jack
Heh, FASA might blow everyone out of the water and release "Earth Dawn: When the Horrors Come a Knockin'" nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012