Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirits And Karma Pool
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Clipwing
It seems to me at some point that I had seen rules on how to determine how much Karma Pool a spirit had and that it was determined during the initial conjuring of the spirit. I think it had something to do with the number of successes rolled in the test. But I've been looking through SR3, MITS, and Critters and haven't been able to find those rules again... grr... Does anybody know the rules I'm talking about and where they are? A page number would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Clipwing
Lilt
read.gif P189, Just above CONTROLLING.
Karma pool = # Of Successes when Conjuring +1
proof.gif
Clipwing
Awesome, thanks! I must have skipped over that part somehow.. embarrassed.gif
Everial
*sighs* look at that... starting mage chars have karma pools of one... and their spirits have karma pools of... well... more than one.
Lilt
Yes, but 1 karma pool != 1 karma pool. It depends who's karma pool it is. For example that mage could spend his point of karma pool to give that spirit 2 more karma pool.
hobgoblin
allso the reason for this can be exlained that when a magesummons he puts out a general cattlecall and some of the spiriats that awnser are more experienced...

hmm, whre is the rule that says a mage can give a spirit 2 karmapoll by burning 1?
Everial
And what about that elemental you summon with 4-5 successes? That's a hell of a lot more experienced/lucky/whathaveyou than that starting mage is. =)
Fortune
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
hmm, whre is the rule that says a mage can give a spirit 2 karmapoll by burning 1?

Technically, the Mage can use his Karma to re-roll failures, which could result in more successes, ergo more Karma Pool for the Spirit. smile.gif
annachie
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
Hmm, whre is the rule that says a mage can give a spirit 2 karmapoll by burning 1?

It was something to do with paying free spirits. Can't be bothered to loooook it up now.
Kagetenshi
Makes you wonder what the spirits are doing working for the conjurers and not the other way around.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012