Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SoA2064] The Mobility Adept
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Club

If one is playing in a non-combat-suprimist game, there is an adept capable of some amazing stunts:

Gliding (Run <magic> meters over something that cannot bear your weight) 1 point
Wall running (Run <magic> meters up a wall) 1 point
Traceless walk (No footprints / reduced noise) .5 point
Sprint (+1 quick for running purposes) .25 level
Great leap (Extra dice for jumping, raise limit for distance) .25 level
Freefall (Fall 2 M per level without damage) .25 level
Improved Ability athletics (Extra dice for physical exertion and skill) .25 level

All right, I know the guy has sucky reflexes and can't fight as well as a combat adept. OTOH, he is capable of action movie stunts, especially the asian ones. I suspect the look on the GM's face when someone says "I run onto the roof" would be priceless. And he can do the 100 M dash in far less than 10 seconds.

Another power might be Living Focus, depending on the group's mage, and sidestep (It just fits in)
mfb
yeah. i've got an adept who does some of that--she's got wallrunning, gliding, freefall 2, and great leap 2. in a recent game, i had fun tumbling her from window to window along the side of a building.
DexRiley
I've been working on a similar character, but slightly more combat oriented. So far I've been calling him my wire-fu adept.
kackling kactuar
You could just make a mage with a Force 6 Levitate and a sustaining focus. nyahnyah.gif

Then again, that wouldn't earn you nearly as many style points.
Kaosaur
Come on guys, this is Shadowrun, not Feng Shui. nyahnyah.gif

Although it wouldn't be so bad if Shadowrun had Mooks and Named Characters. biggrin.gif
Grinder
Tiger & Dragon olé! Finally some characters able to fight at the tops of trees. smile.gif
Tziluthi
'Sprint' sort of reminds me of the talent from ED.
Chibu
QUOTE (Tziluthi @ Apr 18 2005, 04:44 AM)
'Sprint' sort of reminds me of the talent from ED.

Yeah, I wish. From ED, Sprint reads:

CODE
Sprint
Step: Rank
Action: No Skill Use: No
Requires Karma: No Strain: 1
Discipline Talent: None
The Sprint talent allows a character to temporarily increase his movement rate. Magic infuses the character with speed; each rank of Sprint increases the character's Full Movement by 20 yards per round, and his Combat Movement by 10 yards per round. The Sprint talent can be used in the same round as an Attack Test.

and the Sprint power from SOTA only gives you 1 (times running mulitplier) meter(s) per turn.

But, otherwise, yes, ther are exactly the same idea. ^-^

EDIT: The only thing I don't understand is that in ED human with maxed Dex (18) can move at a rate of 85 yards/turn while in SR an human with maxed Quickness (6) can only move at 24 meters per turn. So, I guess, when I think about it, the Talent and the Power are pretty much exactly the same. (relatively of course) Actually, the Power from SR is a slightly higher increase.
mfb
a human with Qui 6 moves at 18mpt. a human with maxed Qui (10, not counting cyber) moves at 30mpt.

how long is a turn, in ED? i want to say 6 seconds, but i don't recall exactly.
Fortune
QUOTE (mfb)
a human with Qui 6 moves at 18mpt. a human with maxed Qui (10, not counting cyber) moves at 30mpt.

11, and 33mpt. wink.gif
Chibu
and ED combat round is 10 seconds i believe (so says my brother who runs it)
SpasticTeapot
I always wanted to play a Sumo-Troll with wallrunning.
Think about it.
Bad guy: "Running away will not save you! Wait a second..."
SPLAT!
sanctusmortis
If you took a mere 2 of the .25s at level 2, you could still afford the first 2-point Improved Reflexes... that makes for a pretty good rounding off, IMHO.
Vaevictis
Get a point in Magic Attribute, and buy yourself a sustaining focus and improved reflexes? Ghetto, and maybe a bit off theme I know, but it solves the initiative problem.
Nikoli
Physical Shaman Adept (Horse Totem).
Initiate and learn Movement as a metamagic.
nick012000
Is that legal? I thought that the only benefit that Totem Way adepts got from their totem was the abilty to go on Astral Quest initiation ordeals.
Critias
It is, if you're on the Path of the Magician (or whatever they call it -- "physmages," y'know?). Sink a few of your Adept power points into Magic, choose Horse as your totem, and then Initiate. Poof. You're fast.
mfb
you're fast 3x per day. feh.
Critias
That's three times a day more than Race, your dumb character!
Fortune
Not to mention the fact that you could also supplement that by actually summoning a Spirit to use the Power on you if you need it more often.
mfb
just you wait until i can login to SL again. you'll be sorry then!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012