Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Daddy's Girl
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fortune
Flare eyes the back of the departing elf, then looks around at her other companions and cocks an eyebrow.

"I sure hope that info about the comm frequency was useful to someone, 'cause it sure don't help me any. He'd have been better off givin' me the number to his cell."
Glyph
Spider chuckles. "It would be useful, if I walked around with a micro-transceiver."

He looks wistfully out at the crowd, before turning back to Flare. "Damn. I love digging for dirt, but I probably better head up with you guys first. I can assense this guy, let you know if he's hiding something. And dredge it out of him, if I have to."
Raiko
Cipher says, "I'm tuned into his frequency now, I've got a couple of spare comm units in my van that you can borrow later."

"Lets go find this Freakz."
Ecclesiastes
Taking a look around the club, it becomes quickly apparent where you will find the DJ booth. On the far wall of the dance floor, there is an open doorway with stairs leading up. Above the dance floor, is a large open window that is the DJ booth.
Ecclesiastes
As Eclipse moves into the crowd, a lot of people move away from him, sensing the danger he seems to ooze. He has his pick of people to hit up for information. Sitting in the back area is a gathering of elves laughing and joking with each other, all of them area wearing black and purple colors. To the other side of the area is a group mixing of all races, though the leather jackets with what looks like a mountain covered in blood IDs them as a gang, one who doesn't seem to like the group of elves much.
Shadow
The elf lets out a long breath. Steady, work first.

He moves over to the elves in the purple and hits up the closest one.

"Excuse me, have you seen this girl omae?"
Fortune
Flare surveys they crowd as she finishes her drink. Setting the empty glass back on the bar, she stretches and nods to the other two.

"No sense waitin'."

As the trio make their way around the dance floor towards the door of the DJ booth, the elf turns to Spider.

"Might be better off if you do the talkin'."
Ecclesiastes
The elf, dressed in purple and black with silver spiked hair, turns to Eclipse. He narrows his eyes at the picture, then looks up, "Maybe. Who's askin'?"
Ecclesiastes
As the trio nears the door leading to the DJ booth, a pair of what can only be guards step out of the crowd to block your path. The orc stands back a pace, while a human, who looks like a merge of Johnson and Raver, steps up and says with a smile, "Sorry, but the DJ booth is off limits. If you would like to make a request, just type it in on the keyboard just next to the door and it will be queue'd up when the DJ gets to it."
Glyph
Spider smiles, actually looking genuinely amused, as he answers in a gently chiding tone. "Oh, come on, do we really look like ravers? We're not here for his autograph, we need to talk to Freakz, private business. Now, we have no other urgent business to take care of, so if we have to cool our heels a bit waiting until he can take a break, fine by us. This information doesn't age well, though. So maybe you could let him know that Flare (a nod indicating the elven woman) and a friend need to talk to him? We'd appreciate that."

Spider keeps his expression friendly and somewhat nonchalant, as if it doesn't really matter to him what the guards decide, but still projecting the attitude that he considers his request so mundane that a refusal would be shocking. He keeps his eyes on them, ready to analyze the slightest change in expression, but he also darts a quick glance at Flare, thinking "If you know any names, now would be the time to drop them."
Raiko
Cipher nods to the ork, but stays behind the other two as they deal with the guards, he knows that he's ill equiped to handle negotiations, or violence.

Shadow
"Maybe, who's askin?"

The age old question rolled over Eclipse. Doesn't anyone do anything because it might help someone else?

"I am, and if you knew something, maybe my buddy Arnold Schwarzenegger."

Eclipse pulls out a twenty UCAS bill from his pocket and flashes the picture of the ex-president.
Ecclesiastes
The elf snatches the twenty from Eclipse with a grin.

"Yeah, I've seen her around. She hangs with Johnny 5 all the time. She follows him around like a little lost puppy. Johnny runs with the Blood Mountain Boy's."

He points over to the group in the leather jackets, "Those fraggers over there."
Ecclesiastes
Flare steps up, "Big Horny said Freakz was the guy to talk to about something we're dealing with. It shouldn't take up much of his time."

The PR guy frowns, looks Spider over, then shrugs. "What the hell. Of course, you don't mind if Hank joins you?" He motions to the orc behind him.
Shadow
Eclipse's lips twitch in a smile that on anyone else would be considered non existent.

"Thanks, have a good one," he says with a smile.

Eclipse turned from his elven friend and took a deep breath as he walked toward the Blood Mountain boys.

How to play this? Play it easy, or hard. Start easy, go loud. Sounds good.

Flare, if your reading me I am gonna need back up, I am near the back of the club by the tables and sofas.

As he approached the gang Eclipses steely eyes scanned for weapons, hidden gangers, and clues to who their leader might be (if he is there).
Raiko
As they are about to start up the stairs Cipher stops and says, "Flare wait, I've got Eclipse on the comm, says he'll need backup at the back of the club."

Over the TacComm: Eclipse this is Cipher you just need Flare, or all of us?"
Shadow
Flare should do, but if you hear screaming and gun fire, come running.
Raiko
Copy.

Cipher continues talking to the others, "He just needs you Flare, me an' Spider can go see Freakz I guess."
Fortune
Turning back from the stairs to the booth, Flare listens as Cipher relays the message from the other elf. Nodding in agreement with the new plan, she threads her way through the bumping and grinding crowd toward the back of the club.
Glyph
Spider gives a rueful shrug to Cipher, then follows the guards upstairs to talk to the DJ. And the two elves had seemed polished, for muscle... he hopes they don't start a massive brawl before he's even had a chance to talk to Freakz. At least Cipher can keep in radio contact with them.
Ecclesiastes
As Flare makes her way towards the back of the club, Cipher and Spider head up the stairs into the DJ booth. Its a small room with a window that overlooks the dance floor below. Freakz is currently leaning over the soundboard and doesn't catch the pair walk through the doorway.
Glyph
Spider leans against the wall, patiently waiting for the DJ to turn around, or for one of the guards to introduce him and Cipher, ready to clear his throat slightly as a last resort. When he has the DJ's attention, he nods politely.

"Evening. Name's Spider. I understand that you might know where we can find another one of the DJ's who works here, name of Johnny. We really need to talk to him, for his own sake. Now, he's not in any kind of trouble, but he needs to know a few things, or he might wind up getting into trouble."

Spider's eyes reflect a sincere-looking concern, as he waits for Freakz' reply. He may have to part with a bit of change if the two aren't close chummers, but slot him if he'll be the first one to bring up money.
Fortune
Arriving at the rear of the club just as Eclipse approaches a group that can't be anything but members of a gang, Flare pauses and leans casually against the wall to one side. She peripherally takes note of the other obvious gang gathered opposite, but focuses her attention on the cybered elf's current target.
Ecclesiastes
The orc bodyguard waits patiently for Freakz to finish queueing up the next set of tracks, then he taps her on the shoulder. She turns her head catching sight of you, then looks to the bodyguard, who gives her a nod and then backs out of the room and leans against the wall outside the small booth.

Freakz unplugs the datajack she had connected to the console and says, "Yeah? Whats up?" She listens to Spider's monolog then replies with, "What's this trouble he's gotten himself into?"
Shadow
Taking his best guess on who the leaders is, Eclipse zero's in on him and walks in.

"Excuse me," he says over the to loud music. "I'm looking for this girl, perhaps you have seen her?"

He holds out the picture of the asian girl to the ganger.
Glyph
Spider purses his lips thoughtfully. "Well, it's not so much that he's in any trouble... yet... but his chica, goes by the name of Anji? She might be in trouble, and it could slop over on to him if he's not careful. To be honest, right now I just know that she's dropped out of sight, and that some people seem to be interested in finding her. I kind of need to talk to her to find out exactly how deep this drek is, and what I can do to get her out of it."
Ecclesiastes
Eclipse had determaned that everyone seemed to defer to a human male in his early twenties with short spiked blue hair. He looks Eclipse up and down as he speaks, then nods, "Yeah, I seen 'er."
Ecclesiastes
Freakz smiles and shakes her head slowly, "I knew Anji would get Five in trouble. Ah well, thats what we do for love I guess. Well, just between you and me, Johnny Five is quittin'. Last night was his last night as DJ here. I even hear he is leaving the Boys too. Wants to go legit and be a provider for his chica. The boy knows his way around a deck, so he may even be able to pull it off."
Shadow
Eclipse nods at the ganger.

“Excellent, when do you last see her?”

As he speaks he slips a fifty out of his pocket. He doesn’t offer it to the ganger, he just holds it next to the photograph.
Fortune
As she watches Eclipse deal with the blue-haired ganger, Flare pulls a black cigarette case from the pocket of her long coat. As she touches the flame of her zippo to the tip of a smoke, her eyes once again flick over to the elven gang before she returns her attention to the Blood Mountain Boys.
Ecclesiastes
The guy snags the fifty and grins, "Just a few hours ago actually."
Shadow
"Now were getting somewhere, where and who with did you see her? Please don't spare the details and there will be more bills in your future."
Glyph
Spider seethes internally at the setback (unaware that Eclipse is having slightly better success), but it doesn't show as he grins an Aw-Shucks grin and shakes his head ruefully. "Heh. Isn't that how it always goes? I don't suppose you know how I might get in touch with Johnny, do you? I still need to talk to him. And hey, if he wants to be a decker, I might be able to introduce him to a few people."
Ecclesiastes
Eclipse and Flare

The ganger shrugs, the stink of synthohol on his breath, "She's Johny Five's girl. They're, like, running off together or some drek. He's even leaving our gang to go legit for her. You believe that drek?"

Spider and Cypher

Freakz grins, "Yeah, I bet you could. I don't have much more on him though. Talk to Rick, he owns the place. Maybe he'd have contact info on Johhny for ya."
Glyph
Spider nods appreciatively. "Thanks. You've been very helpful. Is Rick here tonight, by any chance?"
Shadow
"Thats to bad, you know where they live?"
Ecclesiastes
Spider

Freaks nods, "Yeah, tell the bartender yer lookin' for him and he could be able to track him down. Just expect any info you get to have a price tag on it, Ricks ain't as sweet as I am." She flashes you a smile, then glances down at the sound deck, "I gotta get back to work, was there anything else?"

Eclipse

"Sure I do, but that ain't something I'm handing out." The ganger stops and thinks for a moment, then smiles, glancing at his buddies who have gathered around. "Tell ya what... that elf prick who you were talkin' do before... Go pimp-slap the &$%# and I'll hook you up. Sound good?"

Several of the gathered gangers burst into laughter, but look like they hope you take the offer given.
Glyph
Spider smiles. "No, I'll let you get back to your job. I appreciate it, though. And Johnny will, too."

With Cypher in tow, Spider trudges back down the stairs, looking for the bartender. But when he reaches the main dance floor, he also takes a quick look to see if he can spot the others, to see how their own legwork seems to be going.
Fortune
Flare, still leaning casually against the wall near the group, cocks an eyebrow at the blue-haired ganger's proposition to Eclipse. Her lip curls up in a slight smile as she silently watches the other elf's reaction with interest.
Shadow
Eclipse acted like he was going to think about it for a second. With his left hand he rubbed his jaw, with his right he casually reached over....

...and slapped the human across the face. This was followed by his Colt Manhunter materializing in his hand with the deadly end pressed into the human gangers chest.

"Wrong answer. Let's try again. Where can I find Johnny." The deadly serious tone of his voice made no mistake. This elf was not playing around.
Fortune
Slightly surprised by Eclipse's latest action, Flare exhales a stream of cigarette smoke as she slips her right hand inside her long coat and surreptitiously draws the Area Predator from its holster. Keeping the heavy pistol hidden for the moment, she continues to monitor the situation.
Raiko
As soon as Spider and Cipher arrive back on the dance floor, Cipher tries to reach Eclipse over the TacComm, "The owner, Rick might know how we can get in touch with Johhny, how's it goin' at your end."
Ecclesiastes
Several guns begin to materialize around Eclipse as the other gangers don't really like you pointing something at the man in charge. The one who is currently in the hot seat begins to sweat slightly, but tries to keep his cool.

"Man, you don't want to do that. Even if you get me, my boys will be all over you."

All in all, about four pistols have been drawn, along with two long knives, one guy with a set of ratan sticks, and a troll with a sawed off shotgun.
Shadow
"You have to the count of three to tell me where to find him. There will be no four. And while your boys might get me," he raises his voice loud enough for all of them to hear "you, and three of your friends are going to die."

"One."
Ecclesiastes
"Frag. Alright man. There is gunna be a party tonight. At an old warehouse in Tacoma. On 5th, between Maple and Elm. Just look for all the choppers. Now frag off!"
Shadow
"Good boy," Eclipse lowered the gun to hi side, hidden by the shadow of his coat as he backed out of the area and disapeared into the crowd.

"Well done, I got a probable location for a party he may be at tonight, down into Tacoma. You know when you will be able to talk to the owner?"

Eclispe made his way over to flair with a nod, "He had it coming," he said to her over the din of the club.
Glyph
As they step off the stairs and back onto the milling dance floor, Spider stops as he notices Cipher pause slightly, possibly exchanging some information with the elven sammies. "Hope they didn't start a ruckus. Place still seems to be standing, though. Let's see how their end went," he thinks.
Fortune
Hand still hidden inside her coat, Flare watches the exchange, and Eclipse's later departure intently. Even as she chuckles softly at the other elf's comment, her eyes never leave the area where the Blood Mountain Boys were gathered, watching the samurai's progress.
Shadow
Once the group had met back up Eclipse laid it on the table, "we have a party to crash in a couple of hours in Tacoma, you know where the manager is?"
Glyph
Spider shakes his head slightly. "No, but the bartender might. I'm going to see about that right now. Don't get your hopes up too much... it's probably old information, and it still might cost a bit of cred. We need to nail down all the leads, though."

Spider sidles up to the bar with an amiable smile. "Hey there, is Rick around? I have some business to talk about with him."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012