Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacific Regions - ANY information out there?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
runner139
Hi there, i've playede shadowrun since sr2 was released, and have played numorous adventures mainly in the "Seattle" arena setting. I've read some snippets about Australia and seen a "Will" extraction from Big D's will. But i dont have anything to go about setting a campaign up in a "pacific rim" setting.
Does anyone run their teams through this region, and how do they sort out what is the story about how the place has changed since 2011?
New Zealand has its own indiginous tribes here as much as Australia has, same going with a lot of th other Pacific countries.
Would it be of any convenience to add in some more reference to what is happening in the pacific oceans, considering that it is the ocean that Seattle opens out onto...
Im looking for input from anyone that lives in these two coutries to add some "knowledge" to help spice up my group here, much as Seattle and surrounding areas are nice, theres nothing better than home. smile.gif

Thanks
Kia Ora From New Zealand
Grinder
Do you know Target: Awakened Lands? Iirc it has a whole bunch of informations about Down Under.
runner139
QUOTE (Grinder)
Do you know Target: Awakened Lands? Iirc it has a whole bunch of informations about Down Under.

Yeah, i know of it, but havent got access to it atm, can you by any chance refresh my mind as to anything it says about New Zealand, if any?
hahnsoo
I'm not finding the information about New Zealand in Target: Awakened Lands (I wasn't looking too hard, though), but there's information in the Sprawl Survival Guide, p80. Briefly:
* A democratically-elected cabinet and a Council of Maori elders govern the country through a unique dual-chamber government.
* Auckland is capital of New Zealand and the Maori nation after having moved from Wellington, the two nations sharing the same territory on the islands.
* It is considered to be one of the most environmentally friendly countries in the world.
* The World Wildlife Fund (backed by Masaru) has a major presence here and has strong ties to both houses of government.
* Auckland is home to 'a lot' of environmental and biotech development corps and has a number of undersea research centers offshore in the Tasman Sea and Bay of Plenty.
Grinder
Not really - i don't have it (it's one of three sr-sourcebooks i don't have, besides lone star and nan2). Sorry. But i'm sure someone else here can smile.gif
runner139
good thing to read up on, i was wondering if it was just a passing comment in regards to the books in a whole, big thanks to all. look foward to hearing from any kiwis or aussies still playing. smile.gif
Grinder
There's something about NZ in the ssg? Man, have to re-read some books i guess. wink.gif
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Grinder)
There's something about NZ in the ssg? Man, have to re-read some books i guess. wink.gif

Specifically about Auckland, but it's one of the few canon references (other than the Maori whaleriders in SOTA:2064, off the top of my head).
runner139
ITs kewl, i'll find it, i have "most" not all, its a matter of me reading up as well, spose too many sourcebooks/adventures that have lots that i havent digested as of yet. nyahnyah.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
Specifically about Auckland, but it's one of the few canon references (other than the Maori whaleriders in SOTA:2064, off the top of my head).

I remembered the whale riders, but thougt it wasn't the required info. Anyway, Auckland may be a nice spin-off setting for my current campaign. Seems that our chars attracted a blood mage and his evil minions, so we have to leave town for a while. And who will search us in auckland? We could cover ourselves as sheeps and will likely never be found. biggrin.gif
Ezra
Page 120 of Cyberpirates has a little information on Australia. Not too much though, and it is primarily concerned with smuggling.

Nothing about New Zealand though. smile.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (runner139)
look foward to hearing from any kiwis or aussies still playing.

There are quite a few of us Aussies playing. I know there are a couple of Kiwis on this board, but not too many though.
FlakJacket
The Wiki page for New Zealand although hansoo seems to have already posted it. There's also a bit about the whale riders and how they tie in to Maori life on page 52 of SortA 2064 which I need to get round to adding to the wiki some time soon.

Several mentions refer to the place as Aotearora although I'm not sure if that's the whole country or just the Maori 'half' as it were, have to check with Peter about that as he wrote that section I believe.
runner139
Aotearoa, yeah, thats the Maori word for New Zealand, used today, and im sure, 2064 wont be different either. I'm not too keyed up on my history as far as the Maori are concearned, i know general stuff. But i do know that history shows that, according to Maori history, we have dragons too, or something similar. Heres hoping that we can fill in the blanks, it would be nice to build up a profile for anyone in the world to use in missions. It sounds like a good haven to rest up after an interesting run or two. Anyone need a map or two, leave a line, and im sure i can scan in a couple and post them on my site(yahoo-shadowrunning-group).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012