Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help in the Arc
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Frenzy
We are in the middle of a run (BrainScan I believe) which is taking us deep into the Arcology.

The GM has warned that there is a good chance that much of our party won't survive. As a mage I can normally hold my own, but in the Arc I'm in serious trouble when we run into any drones (vehical armor rules)

The GM, the greatest GM ever, (shameless kiss-up because he will probably read this) mentioned that there are lots rumors about items to be found in the Arc which could come in useful and help in survival. Any of these that WE bring to HIS attention he will give consideration.

I'm looking for help. I'm trying to find source documented rumors of items inside the Arc. While I am most worried about my characters survival, looting can mean the difference between a good year running and a bad year.

I'm not posting this IC because he was OoC when he said we may look for items.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help chummers!

Schism
How much can you sell an Otaku for? I hear there's plenty of those.
Slacker
I remember the Big D's will mentioned something about a large reward for the first person/group to discover what was in a particular room within the arc, but I don't remember which room exactly. I will look it up when I get home if nobody has replied with it by then.
Trax
It was behind door #13 I think. Which in the real world is a broom closet, but if you go into the Matrix it's something else. I could be wrong.
Lantzer
There's always the Governor of Seattle - His second in command will probably pay good money to make sure he stays 'Missing in the Arc'.

And any nasty horrible things that try to kill you are good money on the outside. The neat bit is, the nastier and more horrible, the better!

There's a nuclear reactor in the basement... It's your problem how to get it out.

Let's see, other things... Lots of people who'd lend you their children to get the heck out?

The Arcology Motorpool?

There's a major shopping mall in the Arc. Maybe there's some stuff left in Nightengales?

Other runners with specific targets will probably pay good money for up-to-date maps with area threat analyses included.

Software under developement when the Arc shut down.

Red Samuri Uniforms. There's bound to be a couple.
BishopMcQ
IIRC, the room Big D mentions is only a broom closet in the arc. The Matrix representation of that room is of course, very different.
Slacker
QUOTE (McQuillan @ Apr 14 2005, 03:19 PM)
IIRC, the room Big D mentions is only a broom closet in the arc.  The Matrix representation of that room is of course, very different.

I wasn't going to mention that part of it. That makes it too easy.

[EDIT] Fortune is write, I don't know why i didn't just put the details in a spoiler. I have corrected that-Just look at my newest post.[/EDIT]
Fortune
Spoiler tags are your friend. smile.gif
Slacker
Exact quote from Dunkelzahn's Will: To the first party to determine what lies behind the door of room 1835 in the Renraku arcology in Seattle and report their findings to the Draco foundation, I leave 5 million nuyen."

Also, The reward was later increased to 8 million nuyen by the Draco Foundation because of the problems inside the arcology.

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
There is supposedly a large cache of weapons and ammo on B20.
The Mall covers levels 1-5 plus the southern half of 6 which consists of the Mall offices.
Cyberware research and manufacturing is on level 72.
Magic Research labs and libraries are on levels 203-212.

That is about all the floors I see in RA:S that might have anything to help you survive.
Frenzy
Thanks everyone. With this help, I may live to run another day.
Edward
There is are several major shopping malls, it may already be looted but check out the jolery stores. Not useful but will only take 2 min to get and worth a packet wen you get out without waying you down, cyber wear probably has to much packing to be conveniently halled away.

As to useful all I can recommend is that ammunition is likely to run out unless you scavenge, unfortunately milspec armour needs to be fitted and I doubt you have a high enough force of fashion spell to do it. If you can find one of there weapon lockers (presumably in the guard rooms) you will find some nice toys in there.

Edward

SpasticTeapot
You also might want to look for some nifty trinkets of some sort. After all, you never know when you're going to recieve Essence loss, and need a convinient talisman for a geas.
[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
If you want to see what the arcology should really be like you need to read this A Wee Bit O' the Fiction.

Kagetenshi did a superb job of capturing the essence and feel of being in the arcology.
DocMortand
By the way - my runners just got trapped in the arcology when the shutdown hit. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a thread detailing the adventures? Or should I wait until things play out, compile it into a story and post? Or does it not belong here?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012