Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merrow
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Patrick Goodman
I'm away from my books at the moment, and I'm plotting some things. Is there any canon reference to how big merrow are? Length, weight, anything like that? If so, could someone let me know so when I get home I don't have to do a lot of hunting. I'd appreciate it.
GrinderTheTroll
Here's all we've got:

MERROW

With its humanoid upper body, tapering
torso, and slender but strong tail, the merrow
vaguely resembles the mermaids of classic fairy
tales. Its long forelimbs end in three-fingered
hands with opposable thumbs. A long mane
covers its neck, and a series of extended spinal
vertebrae runs the length of the torso. Despite
the dermal bone that armors its lower body, the
merrow’s tail is remarkably flexible. They are
known to use simple tools and may have humanlevel
intelligence.

B Q S C I W E R
5 7 x 4 7 3 3 3 6Z 5
INIT: 5 + 1D6
Attacks: Humanoid
Powers: Some have Magical Skills.
Trax
And here is what Wikipedia has to say about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrow
Mugzy
I believe there was another description in SR2 for Merrow, in the critters section. Those tended to have more complete entries than the Critters Book did.

If I had my books here, I'd check my Paranormal Animals books too...dammit.
Patrick Goodman
You see my problem....
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman)
I'm away from my books at the moment, and I'm plotting some things. Is there any canon reference to how big merrow are? Length, weight, anything like that? If so, could someone let me know so when I get home I don't have to do a lot of hunting. I'd appreciate it.

I think there might be a picture of one or two of the Sea Dragon's intelligent merrow buddies in DotSW (along with a metahuman diver), but I don't have it with me at the moment so I can't verify that. Don't know if that'll help, but at least it's another data point.

Edit: Argh, but you said you don't have your books either. You know, we should all just bring our books with us to work and be done with it. smile.gif
Moon-Hawk
SR2 has a much more clinical description of them, including length, weight, and number of teeth. I can't quote it, I only bring my 3rd ed books to work. biggrin.gif
GrinderTheTroll
I just grabbed from the critter PDF I got from FanPro...
hahnsoo
SR2, p 227: Merhomo marina
A merrow is 3 meters tall and weights 500 kilograms. Its forelimbs are long and end in two three-fingered hands with opposable thumbs. Rudimentary hind limbs mark the junction of the long, tapering torso and the slender but strong tail. A long mane covers the neck, and a series of extended spinal vertebrae run the length of the torso. The rear half of the body is armored by dermal bone, but the tail remains remarkably flexible. The body coloration is light, and usually has a greenish tinge, except for the dermal bone's darker emerald or deep blue-green. The merrow's ears are external and elongated to points. It has red eyes and a short-snouted skull containing 36 teeth. The females have two mammae.

Anything else you need to know?
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
SR2, p 227: Merhomo marina
A merrow is 3 meters tall and weights 500 kilograms. Its forelimbs are long and end in two three-fingered hands with opposable thumbs. Rudimentary hind limbs mark the junction of the long, tapering torso and the slender but strong tail. A long mane covers the neck, and a series of extended spinal vertebrae run the length of the torso. The rear half of the body is armored by dermal bone, but the tail remains remarkably flexible. The body coloration is light, and usually has a greenish tinge, except for the dermal bone's darker emerald or deep blue-green. The merrow's ears are external and elongated to points. It has red eyes and a short-snouted skull containing 36 teeth. The females have two mammae.

So is SR2 still considered canon? nyahnyah.gif
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (hahnsoo)

No, that ought to about cover it. Thanks for the assist!
hahnsoo
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll @ Apr 15 2005, 01:15 PM)
So is SR2 still considered canon?  nyahnyah.gif

When it comes to setting and things like critter sizes, sure. As long as future materials don't overrule it, the older editions are still valid (facts like the mating habits of White Buffalo in PANA or the habit of Lesser Thunderbirds to play in Thunderstorms).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012