Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So what books have you all got?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kaosaur
I just stacked all my books and went a bit bugeyed...I realize that I'm missing some important books too so...

How about listing what books we've all got, both as a reference to let other players know who to ask questions about books they're missing and also so we can get a general idea of what's required reading...

On my stack I've got:
Shadowrun 3rd Ed
Shadowrun Companion
Man and Machine
Cannon Companion
Rigger 3
Matrix
Target: Matrix
Magic in the Shadows
Sprawl Survival Guide
Shadows of North America
State of the Art: 2064
First Run

(I missed out on the GM Screen and Critters book so I just grabbed the free PDFs)

I really want to pick up the New Seatle book...but I'm wondering if I should just wait until 4th ed instead. I still could use Year of the Comet but these books are starting to look kinda dated.

Any suggestions?
Ancient History
I have all of them.
Crimson Jack
I have all of them except for modules. I can write my own runs.

As to your statement about whether to get New Seattle or wait... get it. You can never have enough info about Seattle, assuming that's where your runners call home. Even the older Seattle Sourcebook has good information in it that the new one didn't include. Nice to have the variety.
Kagetenshi
Year of the Comet
Target: Awakened Lands
Threats 2
Target: Wastelands
Shadows of North America
SotA: 2063
SotA: 2064
Shadows of Europe
Sprawl Survival Guide
Dragons of the Sixth World
Survival of the Fittest
Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book
Shadowrun Companion
Shadowrun, Third Edition
New Seattle
Magic in the Shadows
Rigger 3
Rigger 3 Revised
Shadowrun Gamemaster Screen/Critters
Man and Machine
Cannon Companion
Matrix
Corporate Download
Cyberpirates (this was 3rd ed, wasn't it?)
Brainscan
First Run
Underworld sourcebook
Mob War

And a bunch of 2nd and 1st edition stuff.

~J
Pthgar
All of 3rd.
Most of 2nd.
More of 1st.

The nice thing about 4th ed. is that for about 2 months you can have the whole run with one book. biggrin.gif
toturi
Let's see....

(God, they are heavy...)

SR3
M&M
MitS
CC
Matrix
Rigger 3
SRComp
Threats 2
MJLBB
SOTA 2063 2064
SSG
New Seattle
SOE
SONA
SotF
Dot6W
YotC
T:WL
T:AL
Underworld SB
Corp DL
Target:Matrix
The Question
Shadowrun 3rd Edition
Magic in the Shadows
Man and Machine
Cannon Companion
Mr.Johnsons Little Black Book
Rigger 3 Revised
Matrix
Shadowrun Companion
Critters

And a ton of 2nd and 1st Edition stuff picked up cheap off of eBay...
the_dunner
All of 'em. Being a Commando does make that a little easier, though.
Grinder
Only lacking T:AL. The rest i own. Being a freelance writer for a webzine sometimes helps wink.gif
psykotisk_overlegen
I have
SR3
Sprawl survival guide
New seattle
First run
Cannon Companion
Man&Machine
Magic in the shadows

Yeah, I lack quite a lot of them, but they're heavy enough already. I might be getting some more in the near future though, as the local gaming store has 50% off on SR.
Shockwave_IIc
Hopefully i have all the SR3 Series.

Shadowrun, Third Edition
Shadowrun Companion
Cannon Companion
Man and Machine: Cyberware
Magic in the Shadows
Rigger 3
Rigger 3 Revised
Matrix
State of the Art 2063
State of the Art 2064
New Seattle
Sprawl Survival Guide
Mr Johnson's Little Black Book
Critters (Gm Screen)
Target: Awakened Lands
Target: Wastelands
Threats 2
Corporate Download
Year Of the Comet
Dragons Of the Sixth World
Shadows of Europe
Shadows of North America
First Run
Brainscan
Wake of the Comet
Survival of the Fittest
Corporate Punishment

I also have a good proportion of the 2nd Ed stuff, though most of it is on "Permant Loan" and not immedatly available
winterhawk11
I have all of them, unless you count High Tech and Low Life. Even my acquisitive little Shadowrun completionist soul couldn't get too wound up about buying a book full of art I already own in other books. smile.gif
hahnsoo
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
I have all of them, unless you count High Tech and Low Life. Even my acquisitive little Shadowrun completionist soul couldn't get too wound up about buying a book full of art I already own in other books. smile.gif

There were several booths at GenCon selling that book for as little as 2 dollars. I could not resist THAT price. smile.gif
The Grifter
Shadowrun: 3rd Rulebook
Cannon Companion
Man & Machine

My GM has all the rest.
Capt. Dave
Haven't got SOTA:64 or MJLBB yet, but I own all the other books from SR1, SR2, and SR3, including High Tech and Low Life.
Fygg Nuuton
BBB
SRC
R3
YOTC
MITS
M&M
CC
SOTA63
T:AL

i own critters too, and used to have matrix but i don;t remember where i put it
winterhawk11
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
There were several booths at GenCon selling that book for as little as 2 dollars.  I could not resist THAT price. smile.gif

Yeah, I suppose I should probably have picked it up for that price (I did see it at Gen Con), but...I didn't. Not sure why, actually.

Oh, I also have two BABYs...#71 and one of the unnumbered ones they sold the following year.
Catsnightmare
SR3 (two copies)
MitS (two copies)
M&M (two copies, one falling apart had it rebound and they did a real shitty job so I just bought another one.)
CC
Corp Download
SRC
SOTA 2063
SOTA 2064
SSG
R3
R3R
MJLBB
First Run
New Seattle
Critters & GM screen
YOTC
T: SH

I would have to go double check to be sure but I think I also have
SoNA
Threats 2

TEKE
Ok i'm wondering about collections including 1st and 2nd ed. as well. Of the list on the shadowrun web page I have 105 of about 140, unfortunately the ones I'm missing most are the newest ones.... what can I say, I'm a broke ass runner! But I'm getting there, oh yes, I will have them all by the end of 2006(so if anyone wants to help my collection become complete let me know, ha ha).
RedmondLarry
I have them all. The last two I purchased just to complete the collection. They are DMZ (boxed set) and the art book. Does it still count as a complete collection if I haven't opened the Art book?

My wife has SR3 and MM. My son has SR3 and MITS.

I also have about 60 books (duplicates), which I intend to hand out as prizes at some future time when I run a Shadowrun-only convention here in Redmond.

Hmmm. I guess I don't really have them all. I'm missing 5 of the E-books.
Large Mike

I have a number over half and climbing, counting all editions. I can't get too excited about buying modules, though, which is why my collection isn't growing as fast as I'd like. Still, though... not bad, I'd say.
Link
A cut n' paste from my inventory. I could of said "just about the lot" but the number has had me thinking about 4th Ed. If the changes render half or more obselete I worry about the change. In the multi-edition game I play almost none of the older books are useless, we sometimes use the older version of gear or 'ware if we prefer it. I'm torn.

[ Spoiler ]
DeadNeon
In my game bag:
Core book'
SRComp
Magic in the Shadows
Shadows of North America
Rigger 3
Man and Machine
cannon Companion
Mr Johnsons LIttle Black Book
Dragons of the Sixth World
Threats 2
Sprawl Survival Guide
SoTA 63 and 64
Year of the Comet
Survival of the Fittest

I think i have some more, but cant remember.

Non SR3 books: Lone Star Sourcebook (one of my favorites) and Street Sam Catalog.
Johnny the Bull
I have every single book ever published, including all the novels. Even got the UB with the dodgy product code.

Thank you ebay, thats all I gotta say. smile.gif
Bullet Raven
SR3
CC
SRC
SoE
London
M&M

Ahh.. the list is so short.
Jrayjoker
Most of them, except the SR2 flava books. And the SOTA series. And Dunk's Secrets.

Ah crap, I am missing a lot of em apparently. Thank God for PDFs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012