Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identify That Weapon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Arethusa
I can't nail these down, and I'm not even sure they're real (though most GitS weapons tend to be). Any ideas?

Shotgun
Battle Rifle (1)
Battle Rifle (2)
Battle Rifle (3)
Fresno Bob
I'm fairly sure those are all made up.
Crimson Jack
The last three battle rifles are known as "Inky Shadow Guns." Named for their lack of detail and ominous dark shapes which sometimes bleed into dark shadowy backgrounds.

nyahnyah.gif
Arethusa
Yeah, that was my second guess.
Smiley
What is that? Ghost in the Shell?
Crimson Jack
Looks like it. That, or Jin Roh maybe.
Arethusa
Innocence. Jin Roh was all WW2 German weapons.
Mr. Man
Those screens are from Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Raygun
Yeah. Full-on made-uppery. But I can tell you what they were most likely looking at when they drew up the battle rifle. The lower receiver looks an awful lot like FAL (with the big hinge pin), the upper (above the hand) looks similar to an Uzi, the fore-end looks like an M249, and the front sight/gas block looks like a Stoner 63/M96. The charging handle is right off of something I've seen before (an old machine gun), but I can't place it. Same for the rear sight.
Wounded Ronin
They look like giant sized SMGs or somethin.
FrostyNSO
Whatever they are, I'm sure they'll make an appearance in SR4 now....
Arethusa
QUOTE (Raygun)
Yeah. Full-on made-uppery. But I can tell you what they were most likely looking at when they drew up the battle rifle. The lower receiver looks an awful lot like FAL (with the big hinge pin), the upper (above the hand) looks similar to an Uzi, the fore-end looks like an M249, and the front sight/gas block looks like a Stoner 63/M96. The charging handle is right off of something I've seen before (an old machine gun), but I can't place it. Same for the rear sight.

Thanks. I did pick up on most of that (but not the Stoner stuff, though, that's for sure). The rear site and charging handle both actually look like they came off a Galil, but I'm not certain.

What do you think of the shotgun? I see shades of Saiga, but beyond that, I'm really not sure.
Raygun
No idea on that one. Looks pretty much totally foreign to me. There aren't many box mag-fed auto shotguns out there, so it's bound to look somewhat like a Saiga from that standpoint.

The charging handle reminds me more of the Swiss Schmidt-Rubin rifle. The rear sight I still can't place, though. More like a cross between an AKS-74U and a FAL Para than anything else so far. Notice how it's totally not even close to in line with the front sight... wink.gif
Kagetenshi
Looks vaguely like a beefed-up standalone XM-26 to me, but I freely admit to being a rank amateur at this.

~J
Foreigner
Arethusa:

The shotgun looks like someone crossed a police-only Remington Model 870 "Stakeout" (14" barrel, 12-gauge 3" Magnum chambering, folding stock) with one of the magazine-fed combat-grade select fire shotguns, such as the Daewoo USAS-12.

The battle rifle looks like the Belgian-made variant of the Browning Automatic Rifle--that is, the U.S. squad automatic weapon used during World War II and the Korean War, not the modern semiautomatic sporting rifle by the same name).

--Foreigner
The Grifter
I agree with Foreigner here, As a matter of fact, the rifle sort of resembles the pulse rifles from "Aliens", which were made from, IIRC, a Thompson, a Browning, and a SPAS shotgun.
Arethusa
I don't recall a BAR ever making it into the Aliens Pulse Rifles. They were Just Thompsons with movie junk glued on and a backwards, cut down SPAS-12, as I recall.

The BAR design did influence the FAL, which is probably what you're seeing in there, but there's definitely more in it than just that. The lower is distinctly FAL-ish, the upper does look a bit like an Uzi, the foregrip and sight do look a lot like an M249, and the rear sight and charging handle look like they came off a Galil. I didn't get a good look at the stock. I'll have to go back for that.

As for the shotgun, I don't see where you're getting USAS-12 out of it. The receiver doesn't look anything like the chunk AR style of the USAS12. I really see a lot of Saiga 12K in the receiver, though near the trigger assembly, it does look a little bit like the XM26 Kage pointed out. The pistol grip might look a bit like revolver-style pistol grip available on the 870, though. I'm not sure about that. The tip of the gas/mag tube assembly actually reminds me of an M3S90, now that I look at it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012