Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running Wild
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bandwidthoracle
Hey,

I was under the impression there was going to be an SR book called "Running Wild", I even thought I had seen cover art for it, but it seems to have disappeared from the offical site. Did I just imagine that it existed?
Crimson Jack
There is no spoon.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Bandwidthoracle)
Did I just imagine that it existed?

It has been pushed back in the release schedule and will now be the SR4 critter book.
hermit
For some reason, it is listed as imminent release on the German site though, sceduled to be released before Loose Alliances ...
Bandwidthoracle
QUOTE (hermit)
For some reason, it is listed as imminent release on the German site though, sceduled to be released before Loose Alliances ...

Yeah, that's where I remember it being.
It's cool there is gonna be a SR4 critters though.
Grinder
They have to adjust the stats of the critters to sr4 standard/rules, so it makes sense to release after the ruleset is on the market.
hermit
Ah, right.

Hmmm. Does that mean we won't get an updated version? sarcastic.gif
Grinder
Huh? Is it already out in germany?
Fortune
No, it was merely announced as an upcoming release.
Grinder
Alright, that was my thought too. Guess they pushed it back for an overhaul in the rules. So we will get an updated version i guess.
hermit
I sure hope so ...
winterhawk11
Running Wild was, AFAIK, almost finished with the writing stage (for SR3, anyway) when it was pushed back. There are definitely some pieces of it that will need to be updated for SR4, but given how far along the writing was when it was put on hold, I am reasonably confident that we'll be seeing it sometime after SR4 is released. When that is--I have no idea.
Adam
Basically, FanPro didn't want to release a rules/stat heavy book so close to the edition change, especially when some of the material in that book would need to be covered in some way early in the SR4 lifespan.
Fortune
So, does that mean that the content of Running Wild will be amended (or added to) in order to include the equivalent info in the SR3 Critters book?
Jrayjoker
One can only hope.

Is there going to be an announcement about the release schedule changes on the official site?
Jrayjoker
double post
Grinder
Actually it isn't even mentioned at the upcoming products page at srrpg.com
Crimson Jack
I hope it contains the small world graphic with the shaded-in areas that tell me where the critters can be found. That was nice about the guides.
Grinder
That's was really good, yes. Unlike the size comparison to the average human...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012