Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rikki Ratboy
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hocus Pocus
I recently found out that one of my favorite characters in the SR world died, what I don't know is how did he die? I assume it was in a sourcebook so can somebody tell me which and what page? the last sourcebook I bought was magic in the shadows and consequently I've been out da loop.

One of the main reasons I had bought the sourcebooks I have was to see the play between the characters posting, from argent, to smiley, to locutor. Ever since he quickened the stink spell in that bar in revenged for being bounced i enjoyed his exploits,I shall mourn rikki's passing frown.gif
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Hocus Pocus @ Apr 20 2005, 12:49 PM)
I recently found out that one of my favorite characters in the SR world died, what I don't know is how did he die? I assume it was in a sourcebook so can somebody tell me which and what page? the last sourcebook I bought was magic in the shadows and consequently I've been out da loop.

It's in the Sprawl Survival Guide, in the beginning during Captain Chaos's commentary. He lists off several folks who kicked the bucket.

EDIT: It's on page 5.
Nighthawk, Rikki Ratboy, Neon Antichrist, Warthog, Head Crash, Ricochet Rita, Wedge ...
RIP, all of ’em.
Oh, and it doesn't say HOW he died (I don't think you'll find that), although I'm assuming it's a run-in with something magic related.

In-game, Captain Chaos says that he dies during "the last month" on a post dated April 30, 2063. So he kicks it some time in April or possibly March of 2063.
Kagetenshi
Bad assumption. Everyone in that list died because they either got careless or did something stupid; while it's not impossible that that was magic-related, it seems unlikely given the kind of intel the SSG has.

~J
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Bad assumption. Everyone in that list died because they either got careless or did something stupid; while it's not impossible that that was magic-related, it seems unlikely given the kind of intel the SSG has.

~J

I'm just going by the references that were attributed to him throughout the canon examples... he keeps slotting off his fellow mages. smile.gif Most assumptions are bad assumptions, of course.
ElFenrir
Wedge?? He's been around since...SR1. RIP Wedge. I guess he didn't have his trusty AR with him that time...
The Grifter
Or his X-Wing. wink.gif
hahnsoo
QUOTE (ElFenrir)
Wedge?? He's been around since...SR1. RIP Wedge. I guess he didn't have his trusty AR with him that time...

Well, Wedge sounds like a common nick to me (ever since that one popular sci-fi movie series... what was it called? Star Battle? Galaxy Wars? biggrin.gif). If it's THE Wedge, then yes, he's been around since the original Street Samurai catalog, if not longer.

Another possible Wedge sighting: Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book has a short story that talks about the rest of his team and the main character coping with his death. If that's the same Wedge, of course.
ElFenrir
True...Wedge isn't exactly rare.

Ricochet Rita and Neon Antichrist I seen forever too.

Figure these folk were in their 20s when the original books came out in 2050. They should be below old age..however early retirement can hit.

Hopefully Fastjack, Matador, and some of the others can hang in there...
MYST1C
QUOTE (ElFenrir)

IIRC it is said in some sourcebook that Matador is dead, too - killed by a sniper.
Kagetenshi
FastJack doesn't exactly stick his neck out, scan?

~J
The Grifter
Fastjack does stick his neck out,. Unlike most deckers, he makes sure his ass is covered when he does.
ElFenrir
Ahh, damn! now THAT was a cool character...I loved the whole thing with him in Fields of Fire.

Well, I don't think Fastjack is going down anytime soon at least. Unless it's old age, but that old guy is prolly rich enough by now to get Leonization, if he wanted it.

Ahh, Hatchetman, I remember him too...and The Smiling Bandit. Wasn't there The Neon Samurai also?

*gets misty eyed with 1e-2e nostalgia* Ahh, making me remember my first SR game. We had a party of 11 people and it took us newbies about a week to make our characters... grinbig.gif

The Grifter
Yeah, Neon Samurai was one.

I'm sure you heard what happened to poor old Hatchetman.
ElFenrir
Uh-oh. See, I've beena bit behind on my sourcebooks as of late. There are so damned many of them, I pretty much just get what's immediately necessary anymore....what happened?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (M¥$T1C)
QUOTE (ElFenrir)

IIRC it is said in some sourcebook that Matador is dead, too - killed by a sniper.

Yup, in SOTA: 2063 p54. The Merc section is written by his then-second-in-command Picador (ah, the bullfighting references), who describes it quite lucidly. He took a large-caliber round to the head while they were patrolling along the Chilicotin River at the Salish-Tsimshian border.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (The Grifter)
I'm sure you heard what happened to poor old Hatchetman.

Hatchetman was the subject of Cybertechology's introduction, where he describes in first person the process of being turned into a cyberzombie, and divulges a lot of details of his personal life as a sort of catharsis.
The Grifter
Yah, apparently Hatch got chewed up by a rotodrone armed with a Vindicator minigun.
ElFenrir
Ouch to both Matador and Hatchetman...

Ratboy no doubt pissed off the wrong mage/magical group. i have a feeling, at least.
He wasn't the most popular chap.
toturi
Rikki died because the overflowed damage he took exceeded his Body. Just like all the rest.
Fortune
QUOTE (ElFenrir)
True...Wedge isn't exactly rare.

While it might not be a rare nickname, I believe there has only ever been one Wedge in Shadowrun. Each shadowtalker has a distinct personality.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (toturi)
Rikki died because the overflowed damage he took exceeded his Body. Just like all the rest.

grinbig.gif

Not all the rest, mind you: there are still some Shifters in there!
QUOTE (Fortune)
While it might not be a rare nickname, I believe there has only ever been one Wedge in Shadowrun. Each shadowtalker has a distinct personality.

Kinda-sorta. They're supposed to, but too many cooks blur the personalities.

~J
HMHVV Hunter
I think Wedge was mentioned as recently as Cyberpirates. One of the Huk said, "your poster Wedge burns through ten thousand rounds of ammunition in week! If he doesn't want them, send them here!"

From what little I know of Wedge, he sounded like a real gun nut, so I guess I'm not TOO surprised that he kicked off.

Wait a minute...Neon Samurai?! As in the anti-Ares guy?!! The guy that hated Nightfire for working with them?!! He's dead?! Somehow, I think the suspect list on that case should be pretty short...
HMHVV Hunter
Edit: D'OH!
Fortune
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Apr 21 2005, 02:15 PM)
Wait a minute...Neon Samurai?!  As in the anti-Ares guy?!!  The guy that hated Nightfire for working with them?!!  He's dead?!  Somehow, I think the suspect list on that case should be pretty short...

I believe it was Neon Antichrist that died, not Neon Samurai. wink.gif
Hocus Pocus
ty hanhsoo for the info, I think I'll look up up at my local book store.

also remember neon samarui and matador, well it's the world in which they live in, to be expected i guess...

anybody else of significance that kicked the bucket?
Hocus Pocus
ty hanhsoo for the info, I think I'll look up up at my local book store.

also remember neon samarui and matador, well it's the world in which they live in, to be expected i guess...

anybody else of significance that kicked the bucket?
Jrayjoker
Wow. I really haven't been paying much attention to the shadowtalk stuff....Anyone heard from Slammo recently?
Jrayjoker
Double post, second one today. Hmmmm.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Wow. I really haven't been paying much attention to the shadowtalk stuff....Anyone heard from Slammo recently?

SOTA:2064 sighting on page 143. Either he's still around or someone has taken his name.
The Grifter
Didn't Slammo-O help in the fight against Deus?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (The Grifter)
Didn't Slammo-O help in the fight against Deus?

Did he? I thought he and Otaku didn't get along, so I don't think he would be involved in any way with Overwatch. Regardless, I think the "final showdown" with Deus in Brainscan involved only Aneki, Dodger, Ronin, Megaera, and the PCs.
Akai Sokata
frown.gif wow guys you really know how to ruin my day you know that...with hatch, wedge and rita gone, I have no one to look up to...no one to warship (well at least as sam/fighter/whatever archtypes). o well I gusse thats that way it it with us here today gone tommorow. frown.gif
The Grifter
You can look up to me. grinbig.gif
Da9iel
As long as you don't get warshipped.
Fortune
QUOTE (Da9iel)
As long as you don't get warshipped.

Yeah, those naval guns are a bitch!
Grinder
In the navy, in the navy... und ne buddel voll rum!
Lindt
Hey, at least Rigger X is still around.
The Question
Have the Big A got round to geeking Pyramid Watcher yet? And is SPD still around with his hickory stick?
Grinder
Thought i read something by SPD in SOTA:2064... most likely the police chapter. But i'm not sure and can't check my books right now.
hermit
Yup, he posted in the police chapter. Another old timer still alive and kicking.
The Grifter
What about Grid Reaper?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (The Grifter)
What about Grid Reaper?

SOTA:2064, p80.
Have the Big A got round to geeking Pyramid Watcher yet?

SOTA:2064, p166.
The Grifter
Thank ya.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012