Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the deal with all the double posts?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hahnsoo
I think that when people are hitting Submit or Post New Topic, they come to an error page, so they hit back, and resubmit. Is this what is happening when people double-post?
Wounded Ronin
Yeah, it's the database error of warm love.
ElFenrir
thats what happened here. Sometimes with errors, posts dont go thru. Sometimes they do...hence the burst-like assault of double posts.
Austere Emancipator
Just go Back, and Refresh the thread of forum index page in a new tab/window, before resubmitting or doing anything else. It really is that easy.
Dawnshadow
So go back, select the post, copy it to clipboard, check to see if it went through, and if it didn't, do it again and paste the post itself..
Lycan
It happened to me thrice. Sorry! I will be more careful now.
Wounded Ronin
Did you feel the runny cheese of warm devotion from the database?
Demosthenes
So that's what the smell was...
mfb
you fools. the errors are the result of your educated-stupid view of time. the time cube wreaks its revenge on the word-bastards by creating posts in four simultaneous 24-hr days!
Jrayjoker
Swordfish Mustardball!
hahnsoo
This is what happens when you get a new server to prevent us from going back in time... you get a time parallax paradox flux error. Erm, yeah. Which means, double posting. smile.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Dawnshadow)
So go back, select the post, copy it to clipboard, check to see if it went through, and if it didn't, do it again and paste the post itself..

quoted for truth
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012