Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4...or Shadowrun 2?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Akai Sokata
Well boys and girls times ticking down the the clock for the relise of SR4...now is it just me or is it really shadowrun 2. what I mean is I read the latest blorg and it seems alot more like a sequal to me. new system, a big crash and 6-20 years later (depending on your game.) new faces, but the old ones still make a camieo. so the way im looking at it is buy SR4 try it out, but never ever forget your roots.
Jrayjoker
That is an interesting perspective on what is happening. I suppose, if we thought of SR4 more as a sequel than a revision we might have less concern about the changes.
Astelaron
I totally agree. I hadn't put the sequel word to SR4 but I guess that is how I have looked at it all along.

This explains much.

The first big computer crash removed hackers and brought in the deckers. The System Failure crash removes deckers and brings back the hackers because decks will no longer be necessary.
BGMFH
As long as I can kill Players and their Characters, I'll be happy.
nezumi
QUOTE (BGMFH)

If you can kill players where ever you are currently, that's not something any version of Shadowrun allowed, and I suspect you'll continue to be able to get away with it with the new edition (although I do wonder where you are that SR players are so common that you can just kill them off willy-nilly).
tisoz
I'm wondering about the timing for SR6 as the sixth world arrives (late 2011.)

SR4 gets released, massive rule errors are discovered, SR5 comes out in 2006-7, new edition in 2011 or 2012.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (nezumi)
QUOTE (BGMFH @ Apr 23 2005, 08:00 AM)

If you can kill players where ever you are currently, that's not something any version of Shadowrun allowed, and I suspect you'll continue to be able to get away with it with the new edition (although I do wonder where you are that SR players are so common that you can just kill them off willy-nilly).

I think you completely missed the humor here.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll @ Apr 25 2005, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 24 2005, 09:19 AM)

You can't miss it if it isn't there.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (hahnsoo)

Maybe it was anticomedy.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Maybe it was anticomedy.

If you take anticomedy and comedy and collide them together, then what happens?
GrinderTheTroll
Cats and dogs, living together...mass hysteria!!
Jrayjoker
As far as I can tell SNL does it once a week with no ill effect except the hangover on Sunday.
Akai Sokata
QUOTE (hahnsoo)

Maybe it was anticomedy.

god damn you guys like to quote
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Akai Sokata)
QUOTE (hahnsoo)

Maybe it was anticomedy.

god damn you guys like to quote

Not really, but it is easier than typing it all back in and formatting it to look like we did quote.

(another example of anticomedy by the joker)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012