Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vickers AR-80
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Perssek
So. I was browsing through the Iprimus site, searching for some images of weapons to show my players when I almost tripped over this.

Iīve never found a "Vickers AR-80" Assault Rifle in ANY of the SR books, but a friend of mine (whoīs a german-speaker, by the way), told me thereīs an image of something pretty much like it in Arsenal 2060, the german counterpart of Cannon Companion, except itīs identified there as the FN-HAR (by the way, Iīve never saw a FN-HAR drawing. Did you?).

Now what? It appears to be in style with the Cannon Companion drawings, but itīs not in CC (as long as I can remember, since I donīt have that particular book - I play SR2 mostly), or anywhere in the web, at least under the Vickers AR-80 name.

Any clarifications?

Or am I being just plain stupid because itīs not a SR gun since the drawing isnīt in any SR book or since thereīs no AR-80 thing in SR?
Critias
Germans get stuff the rest of us don't. One of the things they got was a big fat book with lots of guns (and lots of drawings of guns), and we didn't. It's prob'ly from that.
Ancient History
Kids. ohplease.gif

The format is straight from the old Street Samurai Catalog, the image is stolen from an Ares Alpha, p.22 of the Cannon Companion. While the German Arsenal book might well contain a next-generation Vickers, I doubt this is it.

And yes, there's a pic of the FN-HAR in SSC.
Smiley
That thing looks a lot like the art at the beginning of the assault rifles section in cannon companion.

Yep, page 22. Top left.
MYST1C
In the German "Arsenal 2060" the "Generic Assault Rifle" picture from Cannon Companion was used for the FN HAR.
IMHO an improvement over the FN HAR picture from SR1 that showed today's crew-served FN MAG machine gun drawn with a box magazine instead of a belt.
Link
The format is straight from the old Street Samurai Catalog, the image is stolen from an Ares Alpha, p.22 of the Cannon Companion. While the German Arsenal book might well contain a next-generation Vickers, I doubt this is it.

And yes, there's a pic of the FN-HAR in SSC.

AH doesn't know everything read.gif just everything else! notworthy.gif

The Ares Alpha (which is not the picture in question) is illustrated in Fields of Fire. The FN HAR is illustrated in SR1 (as Mystic said).

That thing looks a lot like the art at the beginning of the assault rifles section in cannon companion.

Yep, page 22. Top left.

Smiley is correct. The reason I associated this picture with the Vickers was because of the picture on p17 of Cannon Companion. Look closely and compare the 2 pictures.

BTW The website in question (from a long defunct ISP account) lives on, a true ghost in the machine. In it's defence, it only uses pictures from OOP books and not FoF which is still for sale. Apparently the official SR site will have gun pictures one of these days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012