Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with an adventure
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Maniac
I am creating this new campaign for a set of players who are new to the shadowrun world, they played one adventure and now they are on their second one, I'm preparing their theird adventure but I want it to be a series of linked adventures but I'm a lil' bit dry I just know I want it to be something not so big I want them to srat from the bottom and creat a reputation for them, so tell what do you think.

1.- Gaining ground: It starts as and adventure where the players need to take a package that has arrived to the downtown docks to an old warehouse owned by the Chonson Ring and the package it is to be sold to the Halloweeners(I think I got it right) the page contains weapons, implants, BTL, honk chips, 2xs and dreamchips, but when the players make the sale the Halloweeners strike back and now the PC's need to take the package back or they don't get their cash and they must make the hit look like it was the First Nation gang who did it.

2.- Dinner can be murder: The runners are hired by the same gang to kill an important member of the Disassemblers and enter their hide out and steel some info they've got there in order to create chaos inside the gang and force an aliance between the two gangs(the one that hired the runners and the dissasemblers), Then they have to make sure the alliance is signed.

3.- In the wolf's lair: The runners are hired again by the same gang but this time to enter as spy's into the Halloweeners gang to gain intel on a new deal they are about to strike and to stop the deal from ever happening, but in the middle of the mission they are uncovered by another spy inside the gang and in order to save their asses they must cut a deal with the halloweeners in a deal that will make all sides be at the same level and stop the gnag war.

hat do you think of the idea, nice or what should be changed or what do you propose??
Crimson Jack
1.- Gaining ground: It starts as and adventure where the players need to take a package that has arrived to the downtown docks to an old warehouse owned by the Chonson Ring and the package it is to be sold to the Halloweeners

Okay, I'm with you so far...
the page contains weapons, implants, BTL, honk chips, 2xs and dreamchips

I'd limit it to just one type of illegal goods. Having a pot pourri of goods seems a little strange to me. Limit it to just the chips, say.
but when the players make the sale the Halloweeners strike back and now the PC's need to take the package back or they don't get their cash and they must make the hit look like it was the First Nation gang who did it.

Okay, here's where you lose me. The package is to be sold to the Halloweeners, but they "strike back"? What exactly does that mean? The runners make the sale and then what now...?

2.- Dinner can be murder: The runners are hired by the same gang...

The Halloweeners or are you referring to the Ring?
...to kill an important member of the Disassemblers and enter their hide out and steel some info they've got there in order to create chaos inside the gang and force an aliance between the two gangs(the one that hired the runners and the dissasemblers), Then they have to make sure the alliance is signed.

I don't get it. Most of my confusion stems from the fact that I technically don't understand what the Johnson intends for them to do and why (more importantly). Secondly, if you really want to put some flavor into a truce between street gangs, don't have them sign some paper. That's a bit too frilly. Have them meet in a dark alley during stormy weather, the two leaders exchanging muffled snarls and forearm shakes. Have their lieutenants and gangers as backup, all toting weapons, just waiting for one of the other bastiches to make a dumb move. That's more in line with the way rival gangs would be 'hangin' around each other.

3.- In the wolf's lair: The runners are hired again by the same gang but this time to enter as spy's into the Halloweeners gang to gain intel on a new deal they are about to strike and to stop the deal from ever happening

If I was a runner on that team, I would turn down this one based on the fact that several-to-many of the Halloweeners that I'd already run across in Gaining Ground may have noticed me. I wouldn't be a very good spy and I think I'd have some issues with getting crisped with Burn's torch.
...but in the middle of the mission they are uncovered by another spy inside the gang and in order to save their asses they must cut a deal with the halloweeners in a deal that will make all sides be at the same level and stop the gnag war.

The idea of their being several spies within an established gang like the Halloweeners strikes me as odd, right off the bat. Initiatory rites would be a bit of a kabosh on every Tom, Dick and Harry joining the gang to begin with. Secondly, why all the heat on the Halloweeners? What's this deal that you're referring to? And why would the Halloweeners cut a deal with someone that I presume will at that point, be considered a spy?

...and spell check. wink.gif
kackling kactuar
1 and 3 sound a little railroady, but maybe that's just me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012