Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BABY?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Large Mike
Okay, so the real question for me (and one I'm hoping can be awnsered) is will the GenCon release feature limited edition books?

The reasoning is this: I'm pretty sure I'd have to saw off my own leg to make it to GenCon this year. If missing GenCon means missing the next set of BABYs, then hand me the motherfucking saw. Last time I had the excuse of being too young. This time, I don't.
Grinder
At least you have the possibility to get there. From germany it's really expensive.
GunnerJ
"BABY"? Huh?
winterhawk11
Big All Black Yearbook--the limited edition SR3 book released at Gen Con back in '98. There were only 1000 of them and most of them sold out at the con.
Mr. Man
I'm in exactly the same boat as Large Mike and it would be really nice to know if there's going to be a BABY before Monday when event reg opens.
Adam
Err, event registration has nothing to do with the availability of the SR4 limited edition, of which non-GenCon plans have not yet been finalized [although game stores /will/ be able to order them -- let your game store know that you're interested in it, and they should contact their distributor for details]
Large Mike
So that was a yes? There will be a Limited Edition SR4? And I might not have to be at GenCon to get it?

Thank you, Adam. You've been *most* helpful, as always.
gobogen
Large Mike ?? I thought you were dead ! dead.gif Or gone in the military forever... or something.

Man. Glad to see you around. What the hell are you doing in this part of the forums? Were you here all along? frown.gif

Now get your a*s back to Welcome to the Shadows and I won't tell the others. cool.gif
otaku mike
QUOTE (Large Mike)
So that was a yes? There will be a Limited Edition SR4? And I might not have to be at GenCon to get it?

Thank you, Adam. You've been *most* helpful, as always.

However, if you re-read Winterhawk11's post, you'll realize that your actual chances to get one are slim if you don't go to Gencon. The retailers will probably have what's left of the stock after Gencon, which might or might not be a lot.
winterhawk11
I'm not sure (maybe Adam will be along shortly to correct me if I'm wrong) but I seem to recall that in the case of the BABY, some of them did go to retailers (I think you pretty much had to special order to get one) and some of them were sold on the FASA website after Gen Con, so it's not totally hopeless to get one if you don't attend. Just be prepared to act fast because if the BABY's performance was any indication, they won't last long.
the_dunner
BABY's never went to retailers. There were around 100 left after GenCon, these sold out from FASA's web site in under an hour after they went on sale the week after GenCon.
Large Mike
Then the real question becomes this: Who can I bribe, and with what, to grab me a copy should I be unable to attend?
Adam
I'm almost certain that the SR3 Limited Edition went to retailers, and I know the SR4 Limited Edition will be -- but the deal is, they need to purchase a certain number of the regular book to get copies of the Limited Edition.

So, getting to your local retailer and saying "Hey yo; I'm going to want a copy of SR4 when it comes out, and they're doing a limited edition -- I'd like one of those too. Can you check with your distributor about getting a copy?" sooner, rather than later, is a good thing.
Street Doc
Awesome, a limited edition! Since I have an exhibitors badge, as soon as the hall opens ill already be on my way to the booth. Question is, will the limited edition cost more?
Bull
The SR3 BABY was available through retailers, sort of. I believe that either distributors or retailers got one BABY for every so many BBB's they ordered. So they were very hard to find through retail unless you went through a store that got a large order, or a store that had a good relationship with it's distributor.

Bull
DrJest
Is FASA going to be selling SR4 BABY's online? I can neither get to GenCOn (British) nor do I have a local game store (arse end of West Wales, although we have hopes for Cardigan).
Grimtooth
I'm hoping to attend that saturday at GenCon.

My question is will there be ENOUGH left for me to get a copy that day?

Shadow
QUOTE (DrJest)
Is FASA going to be selling SR4 BABY's online?

I hope not smile.gif

But maybe FanPro will.
SpasticTeapot
How much extra will the limted edition version cost, and what's the difference?
Large Mike

The only difference is the prestige factor.

And I don't recall seeing anything officially released about a BABY, so I can say with authority that most of us have no clue, but there's a good chance we'd buy it anyway.
Ancient History
Oh BABY, BABY
How was I supposed to know
That something wasn't right here
Oh BABY, BABY
I shouldn't have let you go
And now you're out of sight, yeah
Show me how want it to be
Tell me BABY 'cause I need to know now, oh because

Chorus:
My loneliness is killing me
I must confess I still believe
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Where's my BABY it must be mine

Oh BABY, BABY
The reason I breathe is you
Book you got me blinded
Oh pretty BABY
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
It's not the way I planned it
Show me how you want it to be
Tell me BABY 'cause I need to know now, oh because

Chorus:
Give me a sign

Oh BABY, BABY how was I supposed to know
Oh pretty BABY, I shouldn't have let you go
I must confess, that my loneliness is killing me now
Don't you know I still believe
That you will be here
And give me a sign

Chorus:
Give me a sign

I apologise for that. sleepy.gif
Large Mike

*shudder*

Dammit, Robert, don't do that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012