Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Public Apology
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Patrick Goodman
Earlier today, I shot off my mouth and, wittingly or no, set off a bit of a firestorm here. While my sentiment hasn't really changed, I do very much regret the rather excessive vitriol I might have used expressing that sentiment.

I apologize for any toes I might have pounded with my outburst.
Solstice
Well you've given me a new definition for hypersenative. wink.gif Seriously though, cursing like that generally automatically offends someone no matter what your actual comment was, not to mention discrediting it. I think you could learn a little from your friend Bull. He sits back and lets us fools spout off our nonsense without getting bent out of shape. Going all defensive doesn't really engender confidence in the nay-sayers either.

You can't really divulge enough information to allay our fears so staying out of it altogether might be best rather than effectively saying: "Your big dumb idiots you don't know anything that I know, it's going to be better but I can't tell you why!"

That doesn't really help... grinbig.gif
BitBasher
Well I wasn't ofended at all... You have the right to express yourself even if I don't agree with it. I do understand where you were coming from.

Likewise, I apologize if I offended you or any other authors, it was not my intention...
Edward
Where was this comment now I need to know what was said.

Edward
Westiex
QUOTE (Edward)

Edward

Why exactly?

I found the thread in question fairly easily and it was basically people arguing about whether or not change was good or bad.

Same ol' thing we've had on the boards since SR4 was announced, mind you.
Critias
QUOTE (Westiex)
I found the thread in question fairly easily and it was basically people arguing about whether or not change was good or bad.

Well, we're not arguing whether "change" in the broad sense is good or bad, really, we're very specifically arguing about whether this change is good or bad. And we're doing so because we were asked to.
Eyeless Blond
Well let's not drag it in here, hmm?
Superbum
QUOTE (Critias)
And we're doing so because we were asked to.

Best answer I have heard all week. smile.gif
Snow_Fox
When someone says they are sorry, and they clearly mean it, they're taking the high road and should be forgiven.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012