Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What books should I purchase
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
I wonder what 3rd edition (and "theme") sourcebooks should I purchase before they remove them from the shelves?

Here is the list of the books i currently own:

-SR3 Main Book (obviously!)
-Magic in the Shadow
-Cannon Companion
-Man And Machine
-Matrix
-GM Screen with Critters
-Shadowrun Companion

-Blood in the boardroom
-Mob War!
-Renraku Arcology: Shutdown

I still have a big list of SR1/SR2 sourcebooks also that I still use from time to time (i.e. Seattle Sourcebook)

What should I really purchase? I was thinking of Rigger3 perhaps... anything else beside that? Are SOTA books really useful?
blakkie
None. Come August 22nd the FGP are just going to kick down your door, drag all obsolete material out into the street, pour on the gasoline, and light 'er up. Resistance is not advised as you'll get tossed on the pyre along with the books.
JesterX
QUOTE (blakkie)
None. Come August 22nd the FGP are just going to kick down your door, drag all obsolete material out into the street, pour on the gasoline, and light 'er up. Resistance is not advised as you'll get tossed on the pyre along with the books.

I knew it!!!! Damn!

No, seriously... what books are most worth purchasing (even those that I can purchase used on eBay)...

?
Kagetenshi
My number one by far would be Corporate Download.

~J
JesterX
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
My number one by far would be Corporate Download.

~J

OHHH!!! Right!!!! I forgot that I owned that REALLY REALLY nice book... one of my favorite! ^_^

Some that I forgot that I already own:

-Dunklezahn's Secrets
-Germany Sourcebook
Kagetenshi
Target: Matrix and Shadowbeat.

~J
Critias
Really I'd say that what book you "need" next depends almost entirely on what campaign you're playing in/running at the moment. If you think you're short on information or plot hooks concerning X, state what X is and maybe we can make some suggestions.

I, for instance, think SotA: 64 is a great resource -- but someone who doesn't like spies, hates cops, and doesn't have any Adepts in their game(s) would tend to disagree with me, y'know? It all depends on what you and your players are trying to get a handle on, right now.
Lindt
I would also highly recommend the SSG (Sprawl Survivle Guide). Great background book.
Solstice
SSG is one of my personal favorites. MJLLB is probably also a really, really reccomended buy.
Aardvark892
Kagetenshi recommends Shadowbeat, and honestly even if all of the gear from that book are now covered by the 3rd ed. "gear" books like CC, it's really a great one to get if you can find it.

Tim
fistandantilus4.0
I recommend SSG to all my players, to at least read. I also really liked T:AL, and T: SH, had some interesting places. Hell, I like the target books.

Also, a bit out dated, but the Underworld book had a lot of useful stuff for my games.
Grinder
And maybe a setting book like one of the shadows of... books, depending on where your campaign will play. Or New Seattle. Or Tir Taingire. Or, well guess you catch my idea. wink.gif

And for all other books, wait until sr4 is released.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012