Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Access Equipment With Ruthenium Body Suit.?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Leviathan
Ok, I've got an Orc Adept, follower of Invisible Way, basically a sneak in, disable security systems, disable guards, and get out.
I'm currently saving up for a Ruthenium Body Suit (40k), and I was wondering what are the best ways for your equipment to still be useable?

Since all equipment etc must be beneath the body suit, what are some simple, easy ways to make my equipment etc accessible if I get in a firefight? Or have to get my tool kit out?
I was thinking some kind of securable flaps, but I'm interested if there are any other ideas.
Also, is there any way to make a shock glove useable through a Ruthenium suit?
wagnern
Simple - Ever seen the pockets in rain coats that let you access your pants pockets? They are not secureable, but since they are a vertical slit that is kept closed by the weight of the coat, you are still kept dry.
Leviathan
*Facepalms* Why the heck didn't I think of that?
Thanks buddy.

Any ideas on the shock glove though?
mfb
a strap that goes across your knuckles, which you can snap in place over the electrical contacts of the gloves. when it's time to take the gloves off--er, put them on--you unsnap the strap.
Sheffield
I'd always envisioned the shock pad of the glove being on the fingers or palm of the instead of the knuckles. I mean the idea is to make good contact that allows conduction, not to throw a punch. When you taser someone with a contemporary handheld unit, you want to make and maintain contact, not just jab and retract immediately. With the pad on the palm or fingers, the ruthenium is a non-issue, because usually it will be the back of the hand that faces out, unless you're walking around palms out for some reason. I'd be more worried about other gear, like a set of lockpicks or sequencer that would appear to be floating in the air while your char works on a door.
Pthgar
I always felt that a ruthenium pancho would be more usefull than a body suit. Maybe some kind of "winged" thing where it is attached to the back and legs but has big flaps that can be unfolded to cover the front.
mfb
yep. i know characters who use ponchos like that. mine doesn't because he's worried that the loose flaps might catch on something, but that does mean he loses a lot of flexibility when it comes to stowing gear.
wagnern
Best I can gather the Ruthenium stuff does not make you invisable, it just colors you with an image of what is behind you. So shadows that fall upon yourself, and flaws that occure due to folds and wrinkles exc would make you visable. It is mostly usefull at a distance alowing you to blend into anything.

If this is the case, I don't think a couple of exposed contacts on the inside of your glove would be a problem. I would also imagine the flatest, simplest garment would perform best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012