Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirit threat ratings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mortax
Okay, so I was just rereading Harlequins Back, and I noticed something disturbing. Okay several things but this one is relevent. smile.gif

The spirits in the book all have a threat rating equal to their force. Is this something that is only true durring Harlequins Back, or is it true at all times? Just on the Metaplanes? Thanks all.
BitBasher
QUOTE (Mortax)
Okay, so I was just rereading Harlequins Back, and I noticed something disturbing. Okay several things but this one is relevent. smile.gif

The spirits in the book all have a threat rating equal to their force. Is this something that is only true durring Harlequins Back, or is it true at all times? Just on the Metaplanes? Thanks all.

In second edition only, as threat rating for NPC's was replaced my karma pool and combat/astral pools in 3rd edition.

Other than that yes, that sounds right.
mfb
in SR3, summoned spirits have karma pool based on their summoner's pool. there's no real mathematical formula for "based on", though, so make of that what you will.
hahnsoo
I thought they had a Karma Pool based on the successes of the summoner?
SR3 p189:
Like other critters, spirits have access to Combat Pool, Astral Combat Pool, and Karma Pool. A spirit’s Karma Pool equals the number of successes achieved in the Conjuring Test to summon it, plus one.
mfb
for the love of mike. silly me, going to the stat block to look for stats...
Mortax
Thanks chummers!
Mortax
Um, new question, does this apply to both NPC and PC summond spirits?
fistandantilus4.0
Well, Ally spirits get 1 karma, and their summoner can donate more....

Mortax
what about regular elementals?
Fortune
Normal Spirits get a Karma Pool equal to 1 plus the total number of successes on the summoner's Conjuring test.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012