Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC : STARDUST
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
FrostyNSO
Act I : Children of the Grave

The rain fell hard upon the night-black Seattle streets, the Emerald City's many lights dancing a convoluted waltze on it's glossy surface. Each raindrop changed the flicker of lights forever as it ended it's long journey from the cloudy heights above and came to rest on the midnight street.

Somewhere, a child was losing it's innocence. Another, fists bloodied for the first time, stared at the Seattle skyline. Another, was learning not to trust anyone. Still another was walking the path of ruin, revelling in the temporal delights of drugs and alcohol.

These children, those who were of the world. The children who had forgotten how to love, how to feel and how to grow up.

Jack
[ Spoiler ]

Ludi
[ Spoiler ]

"Dirty" Ernie
[ Spoiler ]

Hank
[ Spoiler ]
Qillin
It's 2AM in DOwntown on 3rd ST.

Jack: I've been doing real good Nathan how about you? I haven't seen you in over a month i was thinkin you had got yourself killed of somethan. Thx for the heads up on the job, it's been alittle slow lately and i could use the work. We need to meet up and get a drink together maybe after this job's done.
( Jack gently slaps his hand on his wrist and the phone turns off. He flips up his coat collar and hunches over alittle more as the rain starts coming down alittle harder. The wind blows him slightly and he staggers into the gutter, maybe he did drink to much tonight. He continues his way home.)

perseption
[ Spoiler ]
HobbeGoblin
2 AM in a small dirty apartment in the slums of Intercity Everret

Dirty Ernie replies."Yeah Tommy I got it, and thanks chummer." Ernie sets the handset to the old Telecom on the cluttered kitchen countertop and walks to the ancient refrigerator. The handle long ago broken off has been replaced with a pair of vice grips wedged into the hole the handle was bolted into, there it holds onto a thin piece of metal in its teeth. Ernie opens it and the light sparks to life dimly and then flickers on and off. Ernie shifts through the take out boxes and occassionally sniffs the contents of one. Finally settleing on the box of Mu-sho pork that was at least a week old and a carton of soy-milk. Moving to the old couch he places the carton of milk and chinese food on the scuffed up coffee table in front of him. Before he can settle in and eat there's a light knock at his door. Ernie takes the large revolver from under a seat cushion and tucks it into his leather pants. Ernie walks silently to the door and peers through the peep hole in his door. Lucy Rocker the local working girl stood on the other side of the door darting glances down both sides of the hallway.

Ernie opens the door for her and noticing her wet hair asks." Raining outside?" Lucy looks down at the floor and replies softly."No, work" She used to shower here at Ernies when she worked the streets. The Bunraku parlor that employs her as a meat puppet provided that little convience for their employees. The Bunraku parlor also made sure she didnt remember her time with her clients which was also a convience.Lucy walks straight to the couch and removes her long coat placing it on the top of the couch. Ernie can see some bruises on her thigh and upper arms. Lucy tries to cover them by moving clothing around as Ernie steps closer to her." Bad one tonight?" she replies." It's alright, i dont remember it at all." Ernie begins lifting up her clothes as he says." Lets see how bad." Lucy is covered in bruises. Her neck has strangle marks, a rod or whip has been applied to her back, chest, butt and.....something was brutally forced into her. Lucy places both hands on Ernies face gentlely and whispers." I dont remember anything, ok...?" Her hands are cool on Ernies face.

Ernie stretches his hands over her, and moving them over her bruises he begins to weave the magical energy into healing properties. The bruising wont completely leave right away but the pain is gone and the bruising is lightening up. Lucy sits on the couch naked and pulls a cigarette from a pack in her long coat.Lighting it she says." I want to trance out tonight." Ernie smiles and brings out a shoebox from under the couch and fishs behind the couch for the old bamboo pipe. Lucy breaks apart a cigarette onto the coffee table as Ernie gets a cup of water from the dish filled sink. Ernie mixes the powdered Bliss with a small part of water till it's gummy, then mixes the tobaccoo into it, forming a greasy blackish ball. As Ernie places the Bliss on the pipe, Lucy slaps some yen on the coffee table and says." I'll be paying cash instead of...favors tonight." Ernie isnt much concerned, to him it wasnt payment just something that happened. Ernie hands her the pipe and lights it for her as she draws from it deeply. Lucy quickly straddles Ernie on the couch, her eyes already turning glassy from the bliss. Lucy leans down her red wet hair falls into Ernies face as she kisses him and blows the Bliss laden smoke into his mouth and lungs. Ernie breaks from her kiss long enough to exhale and gasp out." I thought you werent paying in favors." " I'm not paying, i want to."
Mister Juan
Somewhere in a crummy apartment in Renton.

For a few seconds, Ludmila simply stared blankly at Varya's face, unsure where to start. Even through the small screen, she could smell the alcohol.

Another quick glance toward the clock. Da... she was probably already smashed beyond salvage. Ludi's eyes felt like they were burning, and she knew it wasn't from being groggy.

"Dobri dien Varya... Have no worries, I was not asleep. Thank you for you concern."

Ludmila hated the way her voice sounded in english. She always seemed to accentuate her O's, and overly "roll" her R's. No matter how much she spoke english, her thick slavic accent would not get out of the way. Varya had been born in America, and probably had never been taught russian at all.

"I would not want to break your dreams, but you should be careful about this "Rick"... You do remember what happened last time someone tried that pick up attempt on you... or me for that matter, da?"

Ludmila permitted herself a sigh. She wasn't particularly sleepy, or even annoyed that her friend called her. It was mainly that Varya always reminded her of her earlier days: when she had no worries in the world, and spent her time club hopping around Seattle. But fate, it seemed, had the habit of bitting you in the ass at the prime of you time. She wanted nothing more than to dress up a bit, and go join her friend... but the lines would be endless... and it was raining outside... and she deeply needed to rest... and it probably wouldn't be that fun...

Ludi was trying to convince herself not go. She ran a quick hand through her hair before continuing.

"Well, I am glad you are having fun Varya... Maybe I will join you this weekend. I believe Zina is closing shop for that time, which should give you some free time. Would you happen to catch Rick's last name? Thank you for the information concerning the job. I will be there."

When the conversation was over, she wished her friend a good and safe night, and flip the screen down, closing phone unit. Ludmila looked at the clock, again. Barely a few minutes had passed. She had been sitting, for almost 2 hours, on her beaten up brown couch, the one that was sitting on the far wall of the small living room, agaisn't the window. She had brought her knees up to her chin, resting her head on them. The window was slightly ajar, letting a soothing cold wind inside. She closed her eyes for a few minutes, hearing nothing but the rain hitting the roof, the window, the pavement. She missed the snow in Volgograd. It always snowed. Here.... it always rained. She finally decided to get a move on and got up in the dark apartment. The cheap carpeted floor felt like sand paper under her barefoot, and she had to make a few steps before remembering the close the window.

"Last thing Lana needs is a cold..."

She quickly found the big woolen cover she was looking for. Slowly, she crept in Lana's room, covering her with an extra blanket. Kissing her softly on her forehead, she watched her sleep. She was so beautiful, so calm...

Grabbing both her guns, she made sure each had a full clip in, and took one extra for each. She then through a dark green hoody on, and her used russian army jacket. Stuffer shack was always open: she could definitely find enough things to make pancakes for tomorrow's breakfast. She'd also take the opportunity to grab a pack of flavored cigarettes, and make a few telecom calls from a public booth.
Mister Juan
Ludi only had to walk for a mere few minutes before getting to her local Stuffer Shack. Those mere few minutes, however short, had been quite enough to get her drentched wet. She stepped at the door, quickly scoping out the inside through the windows, making sure the coast was clear. Old habits die hard...

perception
[ Spoiler ]

She could feel the rain seeping through the hood of her sweater, making the synthwool even heavier than it already was. When she finally crossed into dry land, she only gave a quick nod to the night shift attendee before making her way to the "cookin" isle.

"Flour........ Sugar........ Butter....."

She stopped dead in her track... She wasn't sure if they were out of milk or not... maybe they were. Ludmila draged her wet combat boots, squeaking on the floor, to the refigirated area. Out of habit, she went and grabbed a carton of milk, but froze when she saw the chocolate milk next to it. Lana loved chocolate milk...

"... It's almost 3 more UCAS dollar..."

Ludmila already felt guilty for leaving her daughter alone, with her aunt, for the night. And she knew that because of tomorrow, she wouldn't be there for supper. So, she reached in and took two more cartons of chocolate milk. Browsing around, her mind kept drifting back to Varya's call. The nuyens were running really short, and she still needed to get Lana in a good school, as well as pay the rent. Ludi had tried, or at least that's what she always told herself, to lead her life in a correct and honest fashion: but cutting hair, doing nails, bagging groceries and waiting tables was just not as good as running the city's shadows. Eggs! She had almost forgot to grab some eggs!

After paying for all her items, and a fresh pack of cigarettes, she ran across the street to a public telecom unit. Her first call was to Swarna, a decker and fellow rock enthusiast she knew from her clubbing years, and the second to Mikhail. Knowing it was late, she decided to simply leave them voice messages. The whole time, Ludi kept looking around to make sure no one was close enough to hear her.

perception
[ Spoiler ]

"Hello Swarna, it is Ludmila. I am calling you because I need your talents. I need you to get me the general layout of the Matchsticks. I was also wondering if you could get a quick look on the net to see if any one regularly deals out of there. Johnsons and such. Maybe an individual who goes by the name of Rick."

She was about to hang up when she remembered something.

"Oh... could you please look for someone of that name, Rick, that would be working for fashion or modelling agencies, or corporation, or maybe he is independent in the fashion field. Thank you very much. Call me, if you need anything. We should go out sometime, see a concert. By the way, I need all those before tomorrow, 6 pm. Thank you Swarna. I talk to you later"

etiquette/street
[ Spoiler ]

That was one call done. The second one went a lot more smoothly, mostly due to the fact that Ludmila was speaking in her native language.

"Hey Mikhail. I hope I'm not disturbing you or anything of the kind. I was calling simply to see how you were doing. I know your wife doesn't really like it when we talk, so that's why I decided to simply voice mail you this. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had come around asking questions about me recently. Since you're the one who knows me the best around town... I know it sounds a bit silly, but I'm just curious, and cautious, I guess. Well; you can call me back anytime you get this message. And.... I would like to know if you're free on friday. Dinner? By the way, Lana really loved that stuffed sasquatsh you got her. Thanks again for that. Call me! Bye bye!"

etiquette/street
[ Spoiler ]

On that note, Ludmila walked home at a hurried pace, shielding her groceries from the rain as much as she could.
Qillin
It's 2:42AM in Downtown on 19th ST. out at Jacks building

Jack finally makes it to his building and out of the rain. He is drenched, more so then any time that can come to his memory. As he opens the double glass doors he notices the rent a fat ass, they call security around here isn't sitting at his small desk.

perception
[ Spoiler ]

Jack walks up to the small desk. Before he get to it he can already see Joey passed out, head in his hands. Jack moves to the elevator while taking off his coat. He is getting water every where. If Joey woke up at the sound of the elevator doors closing ding he might think( with the amount of water on the floor) that a group of 3-5 just came through.
Jack almost falls over as the elevator rushes up to his condo on the 19th floor. Jack steps off and makes his way down the hall to his door, opens it and falls onto the sofa, with a big thud and cracking sound from the wooden frame of the sofa. Jacks out.
HankWS
Hank replies. "Na thats ok you can tell the swank 8pm tomorrow sounds fine." He says this as he gets up cautiously looking around.

perception
[ Spoiler ]

Hank being a person who never wastes a chance at making sure his home is free of intruders. Continuing his conversation. "But don't give him my number I'll let the swank know my number after meeting him." Hank proceeds to check the rest of the house, only to find he is just to paranoid for his own good. He already knew that though. While finishing up his inspection he ends his conversation with Craig. "Oh yea thx for the info heres 100 nuyen.gif for the trouble of calling me this early let me know if you wanna hit a club later. Night man." Hank hangs up the phone and gets back to getting some zzzz.
HobbeGoblin
1:30PM Dirty Ernies small apartment

Ernie wakes to the sun shinning on his face. A sound unfamiliar to the apartment is coming from the direction of the small kitchen. Ernie squints from the sunlight as he looks over. Lucy in only her halter top is washing dishes. The sun is shining on her fair skin and redhair as she works. Ernie begins to notice how young she looks in the light of day with no make up on. She told him once she was 16 but, that was almost a year ago...he thinks. Ernie sits up admiring her delicate frame and wonders where her panties went to, not that he minded seeing her half naked.

Ernie stands and stumbles a bit, Bliss then sleep has an altering effect on the equilibrium. Ernie stretches his arms out to help wake himself, then rubs his hands on his scruffy, close clipped hair. Ernie had long hair up to almost 3 weeks ago when he ran into a small case of head lice. Lucy sprung for the medicated shampoo to rid them, but it was easier to just have his head shaved than bath twice aday for a week Ernie figured.

Ernie walks towards Lucy in the kitchen who turns as he approaches.Smiling she says." Good morning...afternoon." Ernie gently grasps her by her shoulder an turns her around, checking to see how much healing had been done. Lucy giggles as she says." What to play doctor do we?" "Just checking my handy work is all." Ernie replies. "Well if my check up is done, then how about my prescription?" Lucy says with pouty lips over her shoulder. "You'll have to fly solo, I have somewhere to be tonight." Ernie says as he examines a particularly nasty spot he healed last night. Lucy turns and faces Ernie" I have the night off, I hoped to spend it with you." "Biz is Biz" Ernie cooly tells her. Lucy's temper flares in her eyes for a moment then passes." When do you have to go?" "Have to be downtown by 8" Ernie replies. Lucy sheepishly asks Ernie" Do you want company today or should I beat feet?"

"We could go shopping along the 'Ave' since you have to be downtown anyways?" Lucy asks. Ernie thinks that maybe alittle "normal" activity might be fun and she has such a wonderful smile."Sure." "I've already showered today so, i'll be ready by the time youre done." she says excitedly. Ernie walks down the short hall into the bathroom, and brushes his teeth. Fumbling in the cluttered medicine cabinet Ernie finds his deodorant/ cleaner spray. Ernie sprays himself down including a short spray into his pants. "Done." He shouts out the bathroom door, then walks into his living room as Lucy is using a compact mirror to check her hair that's in a pony tail." I'm going to have to go in there and scrub you myself arent I ?" she jokingly asks. "Yeah, probly." is all Ernie replies.
FrostyNSO
Jack

[ Spoiler ]

Ludi

[ Spoiler ]

Hank

[ Spoiler ]

Ernie

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
As she red over Mikhail's message, Ludi couldn't help it but smile. Who would have ever thought that a russian mobster could have such a big heart. Swarna's voice finally drew her back to reality.

"Thank you very much Swarna! That is more than I was expecting you to find out. Again, you prove that you are... how to say... on top of your game. We should try to get togheter some time later. I promise I will keep you posted if I need some... closer support. Of course, you will not have to help me simply out of goodwill. Alright, I have to go Swarna. Nice talking to you. Bye"

Ludmila sank back in the sofa she had spent the night on. Since the apartment was holding 3 people, her, Lana and her aunt, and it had only two bedrooms, Ludmila always slept on the couch. It was supposed to be one of those foldable couch/bed, but the matress probably dated from before the awakening... if not earlier. She lifted her eyes, from the quick notes she had scribbled down in cyrillic, to glance at Lana. She was currently enrolled at the local public elementary school... which wasn't especially highly regarded. But Lana was just like her mom: SINless. Something that made it really hard for her to get into one of the better schools. As always, the 7 year old came home, from 12:30 to 13:30 to eat her lunch. The school was only a few blocks away.

"Lana! Don't sit so close to the trid while you eat... It's bad for your eyes!"

The little girl took a sheepish look and slid herself back a bit. It was around 1 pm... and the meeting was at 8. Like any good runner, Ludi would be sure to get at the club for 7. Which means, she'd have to leave at around 6:20 some... That gave her 4 hours to help her aunt around the beauty parlor. When Lana was done with her lunch, she walked her to school and then was off to work.
Qillin
1pm in Jacks Condo on the 19th floorin Downtown

Jack sit's up and wipes the puke from his with onto his sleeve. He hears the persistant knocking again and stands up. Making his way to the door he takes off his shirt and tosses it on his coat thats next to the door. Puting his hand on his Colt which is holster on his back, he slids the 2" by 2" peep whole open with his left hand and looks who's been raping at his door.

perseption
[ Spoiler ]
HankWS
Hank takes another quick glance outside and decides its time to start his day. He heads to the door takes a cautious look through the peep hole. Then Hank quickly undoes his 5 locks steps slightly outside grabs his paper and heads inside.

Then Hank goes back to the kitchen and filles his coffee mug up whilst singing to him self "I like coffee, I like tea, Java Java Java Java Just for me." He does this to please the coffee gods, For if the song is not done his coffee and his day are sure to go poorly to say the least. Sitting at his table he drinks his delicious java and looks over the paper.

After a good 30minutes Hank finishes the paper. "Time to clean and repair my weapons" he thinks to himself. So just like he does every day he pulls out his tool kits and checks every nook and crany of his firearms for defects then cleans them up. Once finished he cleans himself up, gets on his long coat and vest, arms him self with to chest holstered pistols, one ankle holstered and finaly 2 knives sheathed in his coat.

Hank decides its time to go heads out side takes a good look around.

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

On his way out he was going to water his lawn when he remembered it rained last night hitting himself in the noggin. He heads out to get a look at this matchstick place.
FrostyNSO
Jack

[ Spoiler ]

Hank

[ Spoiler ]

Ludi

[ Spoiler ]
HankWS
Hank Figures now is the perfect time to do some recon being that the place is just opening. So he he takes a quick look around before he gets out his ride.

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

The Hank proceeds to get out of his car walks cross the street and heads over to the matchstick. He knows he's getting in hes just not sure how. So he walks up to the elven bouncer. Hank asks "So what kind of crowds you get up in this joint? Do you get many shady characters coming through? Bout how many people come through this joint a night? Oh and one more thing whats might chances of getting in right now?" Hank says this as he slips the bounce 200 nuyen.gif .

Etiquette
[ Spoiler ]
Qillin
1:05pm in Jack's condo Downtown.

Jack slids the peep door shut and picks up his cloths. He puts them in the washer/dryer as he going to take a shower.

1:52pm in Jack's condo Downtown.

As jack steps out of his shower he sees his phone watch vibrate off the counter. The phone answers it self as it hits the floor and Jack and hear. Nathans voice.
Nathan say's:Jacky D youz awake yet...
Jack leans over and picks it up saying: Yeah Nathen whats happanin, is that thing still going down tonight?
Nathan: Yeahz i was just a a callin to see if you remembered last nights call.
Jack: yeah vaguely, tell me whats about this guy what was his name?
waits for rely
Jack: How did you meet him, and can i trust him? and whats this jobs he has? give me the goods, well whatever you know.
FrostyNSO
Hank

[ Spoiler ]

Jack

[ Spoiler ]

HobbeGoblin
4:15 PM Capitol Hill market square

Ernie smiles at the young girl and pulls out a 20 yen bill."I'll take them all" Ernie says as he hands her the money. Lucy hugs Ernies arm and whispers."That was sweet of you." "I just want you thinking about me later tonight." Ernie replies slyly. Lucy smiles as she stands and grabs the flowers in one hand and Ernies hand in her other. Leading him by the hand they run into a coffee house. Once inside Lucy leads them both to the back. Lucy peeks into the womens bathroom and convinced no one is there pushes Ernie inside. Lucy backs herself towards the sink while holding Ernies hands. They find themselves clinched together in moments Lucys legs wrapped around Ernies waist.Lucy places both hands on Ernies face saying." Look me in the eyes, Please it's important you look at me." Ernie does as she wishes, never taking his eyes off of her.

By the time Lucy is washing herself in the sink, the anxious customers waiting outside the door begin knocking. Holding Ernies hand yet again, Lucy unlocks the door, throws it open, and runs out leading Ernie, laughing all the while. Running out into the square they dont stop until a block away. They spend the next 2 hours walking around looking at shops through the windows. Ernie checks the time. It's 6:30 pm and Ernie needs to be going." I need to go now" Ernie says to her. Lucy smiles softly."I know." "You have the fare? or you need some yen?" Ernie asks. Lucy
smiles widely "I'm a big girl." Ernie watches her walk down the street, Rat whispers...much like us.
Qillin
2:01PM in Jacks condo Downtown

Jack tells Nathan: Thx for the tip about the job again. Lates.
And Jack presses his thumb on the face of the watch hanging up.
Jacks dry's off and thinks to himself that a beer does sound good right about now and walks naked to his kitchen to get one. Drinkin one while he gets his cloths out of the drying and puts on the same exact thing he was wearing yesterday, well it's almost always the same thing.
Finishing the beer off he grabs his 2 colts and tucks them into his belt on his back, he grabs an extra clip for both and put them in his front baggy jeans pocked. He grabs his coat on his way out the door.
putting his coat on in the elevator to conceal his firearms better so that Bob the day lobby security guard doesn't stop him on his way out the door. Bob took his job alittle more seriously then joey the night guard. He didn't let anymore other then the tenants into the building without ringing the person they are coming to see and making sure it's alright. Thou bob wasn't a vary well build fellow and wasn't aloud to carry a firearm, it just had a night stick not even a stunbaton just a regular night stick. So jack was never that worried about him.
The elevator doors open to the lobby and jack walks out nodding to Bob and takes a quick look around.

perception
[ Spoiler ]

Moving out the doors into the street jacks starts walking to I Slop for some lunch. and then to match sticks on foot.

Jack knows the waitriss Betty by name and always sitts at the last seat at the end of the counter. As Bettie sees Jack walk in he yells at teh cook to make up Jacky D's Useal.

3:10 in I Slop, Downtown
Jack thx Bettie for the food and pays up with 15yen tip. and starts his way to matchsticks, Jack treis to think of the fastest way, and cuts through from allys and side streets to get half way across town.
HankWS
Hank walks up to the bar and orders a sam adams and tips the bar tender 10 nuyen.gif .

Alchol resist
[ Spoiler ]

While sitting at the bar he takes a good look around.

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

About 15 minutes after he finishes his first beer he proceeds to the nice oak door in the corner, as if he was going to the bathroom.

Possible outcomes
If know one stops Hank he'll proceed in side and look around.

perception
[ Spoiler ]

He does this in a matter as though he were still looking for a bathroom till he gets removed. At which point he politly says he's sorryand asks for directions to the restroom.

etiquette
[ Spoiler ]

If Hank isn't able to get in because the doors locked he looks around for the real restrooms and if unable to find them he will ask the bartender.
If the his path is blocked by a person he will politly say he's sorry and asks for directions to the restroom.
End of possible outcomes

After that Hank will proceed to the restrooms and use it. Then he'll head up to the bar to have a drink an hour. He'll tip the bar tender 5 nuyen.gif every 2 hours. He will continue to look around and chat with ppl till its time to meet this rick character. At which point he will ask the bartender for directions.
HobbeGoblin
6:45 PM Alley across from Matchsticks

Ernie watches the bouncer from across the street in the alley. Ernie slinks back into the shadows of the alley. Ernie concentrates, closing his eyes and centering his life mana with the flow of mana around him. Ernie whispers the words of power, the concealing forces of nature.
[ Spoiler ]

Ernie steps from the shadows of the alley, a shadow himself in the minds and survellence equipment of those around him.
Qillin
6:25pm DownTown on the street.

Jack's getting tired from the walking he thinks to himself, shouldn't I be there already, I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere.
Jack stop into a corner market and buys himself a supergiantslaming icy cola, to cool him self down, and comments to the clerk, "it's quite a hot and humid day out there"
Jack leaves the market and sick and tired of walking he hails a cab.
FrostyNSO
Hank

[ Spoiler ]

Ludi

[ Spoiler ]

Jack

[ Spoiler ]

Ernie

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Getting into Matchsticks had been a lot easier than Ludmila had expected. For the occasion, and knowing the club's mood, she had sligthly altered her appearance. Lightly spiking her hair here and there, she had opted for an almost brand new pair of black "chic" pants, a clean and plain white shirt. On top, she had thrown her Mortimer jacket. She actually looked a bit more like a corporate secretary than anything else, but her manners (and hair) clearly marked her as something more.

When the young man, and his two bodyguards walked in, Ludmila immediately spotted them. Nothing about them was subtle, which did a bit worry her. If she had singled them out so easily, it meant that others would have and could. That, she didn't like... Using her cyber eyes, she snapped a few shots of the trio, for later identification. When they disappeared through the oak door, she went back to her drink. Straight vodka in an old fashion glass, with a single cube of ice. Slowly, she savored the "little water" while letting herself being carried by the jazz music. It wasn't her style, but still suited her ears, calming her. Ludi wasn't new to this kind of business meeting, but she was, as always, nervous... But she didn't fight it. She could have let tried to fit it, or control it, but she preferred to accept her: it kept her on her toes.

When her glass was empty, she left the table she was at and made her way toward the tough-looking elf the trio had spoken with earlier.

"I'm here to see Mister Rick Stone."

What in the hell had Varya been doing in such a club...
HobbeGoblin
6:58 PM Matchsticks

Ernie still invisible moves towards the back looking for a bathroom. Finally finding it he looks making sure no one can see him. Opening the door Ernie walks into the bathroom and finds the nearest empty stall. Ernie sits on the toilet and as he begins to conjure he drops the Invisibility spell. Ernies spirit form merges with the rest of the spirit world to speak. Ernie attempts to convince a Hearth Spirit to speak with him.

[ Spoiler ]
FrostyNSO
Ernie

[ Spoiler ]
HobbeGoblin
Ernies spiritual self smiles at the Hearth spirit as he whispers his reply in the language of spirits." I'm a close friend to Rat yes. Might I impose on you to grant me your favor?"
FrostyNSO
Ernie

[ Spoiler ]
HankWS
Hank will continue to wait at the bar till 7:55 then he'll proceed to find this Rick Stone.

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

When Hank finds Rick Stone he'll introduce himself. Then he'll take a seat at the table if able.
Qillin
7:50 Downtown in Matchsticks

Jack walks into the bar, hearing the smooth jazz, he thinks to himself "Great jazz, I wonder why I haven't come in here more often" and then takes a good look around as he steps up to the bar.

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

Thinking to him self " that’s right, to many corps here. Always too stuffy for me"
Jack flags down the bartender "beer, what every you got on tap"

Noticing "hank" (sitting a few feet down the bar) as the only person that really looks a little out of place other then himself. Jack thinks this must be Rick.

About 5 min's later the bartender finally gives Jack his beer. Jack pays for his beer and as the bartender is walking over to the till, "Hank" stands up and nods goodbye to the bartender and the he nods back. Jack keeping an eye on hank as he makes his way over to the elf bounce at the back door.

If hank gets past the bounce and through the door, Jack will get up and try to follow him thinking he is Rick. Telling the bounce he has a meeting with Rick.
HobbeGoblin
Ernie tells the Hearth spirit " I only ask you protect me from harm here, as a favor to Rat."
FrostyNSO
Act II : Someone to Love

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thru' narrow chinks of his cavern."
-William Blake

Ludi

[ Spoiler ]

Hank

[ Spoiler ]

Jack

[ Spoiler ]

Ernie

[ Spoiler ]

"Now that you have all arrived, Mr. Stone is waiting for you. You'll notice the trode nets in front of you? Mr. Stone is waitng to meet you on a secure server. Please use the nets we've provided for you, we don't want any cowboys." The man looks at each of you and continues. "We'll understand perfectly if you want to leave somebody to make sure we don't try anything nefarious, but whoever goes in must be able to speak for all of you, so I suggest you decide amongst yourselves what you want to do."
HobbeGoblin
Ernie brushes past the large ork and mutteres to him."Almost late is called....on time."
Mister Juan
Ludmila tried to give her best and warmest smile to the first ork she met. She liked the fact they knew she was packing: that meant they weren’t amateurs. What she also liked was the fact they let her keep it. It was a good way to put a runner at ease, and her future employer probably knew that.

Once she was inside the meeting room, she replied to the man’s greeting with a simple nod of the head. Cold and detached: a Johnson like so many others. Suspiciously, she eyed the trode set in front of her while fishing around her jacket’s left pocket for her pack of cigarettes. She took one out, slid it on her ear, and left the already half empty pack on the table. She then proceeded in slowly turning her cheap plastic lighter in her fingers, while waiting for the rest “guests” to show up. Her previous anxiety had now evaporated.

Ludi was a bit nervous, yes, but felt in control. Within a few minutes, she was surrounded by three other men; two that she recognized from earlier. None of their faces was familiar to her, but then again, she had mostly been on jobs connected some way or another to the mob. This was one of her rare “freelance” operations. She took mental note of their appearances; she’d do a quick background on all of them… or find someone who could vouch for their abilities.

After “Mister well dressed” delivered his small speech, Ludmila slowly took her cigarette to her mouth and lit it. Blowing a tiny smoke cloud toward the ceiling, she leaned forward in her seat. She spoke in a calm tone, her Russian accent always clearly apparent.

“Well, tavaritch, it seems Mister Stone is pressing upon us to form quite some bond already. I, like you all, am not liking this, how to say… method, but I do not think we have a choice.”

She took another long drag from her cigarette, closing her eyes for a few seconds.

“I will go and meet with Mister Stone.”

She then slowly looked directly at each of the three runners.

“You…. May do as you wish. I do not like leaving my body like this… but I am ready to show some trust.”
Qillin
8:01 Downtown in the back room of Matchsticks

Jack speaking to the room " I'm Jacky D."
Tossing the trode net with one hand onto he table
" I'll be staying out of that, I'll hold the room down"

Jack then looks over the room, trying to see what everyone is packing

Perception
[ Spoiler ]
HankWS
Hank Enters the room and takes a quick look around.

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

Then sits next to the lovely lady. After Mr. Stone finishes with his straight to the point speech. Hank will reach for the trode net. As doing this he says "I'm going to the meet, now I don't know none of you guys and you don't know me. But if I don't come outa this meet alive I'll find someway of getting back at all of you. Even if it means haunting your asses for the rest of your lives. Cause I aint ready to leave this world. There are some still some people I need to meet up with."

Then Hank Puts on the trode net.
Mister Juan
After hearing Hank's comment about the haunting, Ludmila couldn't help herself but break a smirk and short lived giggle. Quickly, she regained her composure.

Without turning, she looked at Hank out of the corner of her eye.

"Very well. I believe it is a fair deal."

She then looked straight across the table; directly in the troll's eyes.

"Thank you Mister D. If it is possible, we will try to come back and update you before concluding any deal."

Ludmila licked her finger and proceeded in putting out her cigarette. Gently setting the trodes in her lap, she started looking for the most comfortable position in her seat.
FrostyNSO
Jack

[ Spoiler ]

Hank and Ludi

[ Spoiler ]
HobbeGoblin
Ernie sits looking around thinking. No fragging way i'm putting trodes on my head.
Mister Juan
[ Spoiler ]
Qillin
8:09 Downtown in the back room of Matchsticks

Looking across the table at the suit. "So... how long they normally in there for?"
Reaching into his pocket, Jack pulls out a pack of cig's. putting one into his mouth, he pats down his pockets looking for a lighter, not finding one he looks over at "ernie" and says " You got a light Slick?"

Keeping an eye out for trouble, he stays up some casual conversation.

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

looking at ernie. "So Slick youz looks to be packing the best firepower inz the room." knowing full well he is the only one here without a conventional gun, or at least a vary well hidden one if he is packing. Jack is thinking he must be a vary trusting guy not to come to a meeting without a weapon or as the suit declared as the meeting started everyone here does has weapons and that ernie is probably a magic user of some sort.
HobbeGoblin
"I dont put much faith in guns omae, they always seem to perform less than expected." Ernie says as he grows increasingly nervous at being questioned why he wasnt packing.
Qillin
8:11 Downtown in the back room of Matchsticks

Jack, looking at Ernie while he answers his question.

Perception
[ Spoiler ]

Obviously not getting that Ernie is becoming nervous Jack continues "I'z don't think you have much faith in yourself holding a gun, the gun itself shouldn't be the blame there Slick. Guns were the greatest invention on the 3rd millennium. You should be going around bad mouthing guns in you profession." Jack now leaning forward with his elbows on the table starts to realize his voice was getting a little load and he needed to calm down a bit.
Lowering his voice and starting to lean back into his chair he takes another cig, putting it in the corner of his lips while he speaks. " Nowz I’m not saying there aren’t better thingz then gunz there Slick, it's just there the best thing I'z knowz how to uze. Now I knowz you aint hiding a gun under your jacket but I still thinks you gottz the most firepower in the room, uze be a magic man aintz you?"
FrostyNSO
Ludi and Hank

[ Spoiler ]
HobbeGoblin
Ernie smiles."Guilty of that I am, I wasnt bad mouthing guns it's that i'm not the best shot in the world. Oh...and for the record, I wouldnt stand directly in front of me if I'm firing. I've been kicked out of 3 gun ranges so far." Ernie thinks to himself...lets see how he likes being nervous.....Rat chuckles.
Mister Juan
[ Spoiler ]
FrostyNSO
Ludi and Hank

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
[ Spoiler ]
HankWS
Hank responds "actually I think you covered everything quite well." "There's nothing I have to add to this." "The deal seems fair enough to me."
Qillin
8:11 Downtown in the back room of Matchsticks

Jack " Well I think we'll do just fine togather, I'll shot the guns and you doez your magikz and I'll make sure no one putz a gun in you hand."

Jack looks over at the suit, "Can we get a bar maid in herez? I need a drink, bad."
Mister Juan
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012