Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harlequin's Back
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mortax
So, I'm going to be running my group through Harlequin's Back soon, as I posted in another thread. This got me thinking, so here goes.

How many of you have played HB? Was it fun? Any good stories?

Just wondering how fellow dumpshockers felt about this book.

Any fun sudjestions on how to give everyone a headache? vegm.gif Or make them all roll around laughing?

Ancient History
Behold, for God (in his mortal guise of Neuron Basher, and others) has provided the Search function. Yea, though you walk through the valley of the shadow of past threads, you will fear no evil, lest it be one of us coming up behind you and smacking you with a rolled-up newspaper like a bad puppy for not checking first...
Smiley
This is kinda unrelated to the adventure, but Harlequin is a fairly funny dude. I've been toying with the idea of making him do stuff to the PCs and making the PCs do stuff that would amuse me. Just random, fun, non-sequitor odd jobs that will have them scratching their heads, wondering what it all means. Plus, after encountering Harley, they'll be looking over their shoulder. Especially if they can't figure that there's no sense to be made from all the bizarre odd jobs.
Mortax
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 17 2005, 11:03 PM)
Behold, for God (in his mortal guise of Neuron Basher, and others) has provided the Search function. Yea, though you walk through the valley of the shadow of past threads, you will fear no evil, lest it be one of us coming up behind you and smacking you with a rolled-up newspaper like a bad puppy for not checking first...

I did. This computer pumps out an error every time I try. It's an older and very crappy IMAC, the decent computers are in use. smile.gif

Edit: Checked on a serch, couldn't find much that pertained to this, which thread were you refering to?
Mortax
QUOTE (Smiley @ May 17 2005, 11:03 PM)
Just random, fun, non-sequitor odd jobs that will have them scratching their heads, wondering what it all means. Plus, after encountering Harley, they'll be looking over their shoulder. Especially if they can't figure that there's no sense to be made from all the bizarre odd jobs.

I'm sending my players on a run soon for Harly where they have to deliver a birthday present to Alachia. A tarrot deck, all the cards are "Queen of Thorns"
Smiley
Refresh my memory. Alachia...?
Mortax
QUOTE (Smiley)
Refresh my memory. Alachia...?

Imortal elf, once queen of bloodwood.
silly blood elves smile.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Mortax)
I did. This computer pumps out an error every time I try. It's an older and very crappy IMAC, the decent computers are in use. smile.gif

Blaspheme not the holy Mac of i.

What's the error?

~J
Mortax
It just tuns out the "An error has occured on this page." Normally, I wouldn't blame the computer, but it is the only one that ever gives that error.

And that wasn't a statment against Imacs. smile.gif This one really is just crappy, even the IT director said so. And I think that guy has a Mac shrine in his bedroom. smile.gif
Ancient History
A Macintosh should never become a public computer. That's like pimping out Miss America and wondering at the blood, bruises, STDs and pregnancies.
Mortax
It's just in the physics lounge, only about 6 people are ever in here, but including that we only have 3 computers.

Sigh, maybe more computers next year.
Smiley
QUOTE (Ancient History)
That's like pimping out Miss America and wondering at the blood, bruises, STDs and pregnancies.

Where do I sign?
fistandantilus4.0
I had Frosty as an active palyer in the game.

The best part was when the crone cast a 'Slay Human' spell at her, and threw a lot of spell pool in to it, and got this back...

"I'm an ELF you slitch!" and blasted said crone with a fireball that actually took her out! Good times were had by all.

a.k.a. - the benefits of the 'human looking' edge
Deuce
if you are going to run it, in response to your original topic, make damn sure that your players are damned experienced...
otherwise you will have them die half way through, OR you will find yourself on tip toes adjusting rolls/stats/and encounter numbers the whole time.
Critias
QUOTE (Mortax)
I'm sending my players on a run soon for Harly where they have to deliver a birthday present to Alachia. A tarrot deck, all the cards are "Queen of Thorns"

Why don't you just go ahead and burn the character sheets before the game starts?
Club
[ Spoiler ]
Mortax
QUOTE (Deuce)
if you are going to run it, in response to your original topic, make damn sure that your players are damned experienced...
otherwise you will have them die half way through, OR you will find yourself on tip toes adjusting rolls/stats/and encounter numbers the whole time.

Well, one of the char has gotten over 100 karma, so they should be okay there.

As far as burning the char sheets, H set it up so they WOULDN'T get killed. Harly may be an ass, but I'm not sure I buy him sending a group he has some degree of respect for on a suicide mission.
BishopMcQ
You may want to also check with your players to make sure they think their characters are the save the world type. Our group went in and had a lot of issues both IC and OOC because of the somewhat heavy handed approach that the module can take. Some people may not be interested in saving the world and their character who got sucked into this quest is now dragged across the metaplanes making sacrifices for causes he doesn't believe in and smacking the crap out of Harly every chance they can get, in each of his different incarnations.
Chibu
Well, I for one shouldn't have a problem with it. (Oh and Mortax, that's 151 karma nyahnyah.gif) My character is from Amazonia, the 'Save the world' Capitol. He will Probibly be fine with the whole thing, since he likes going on Astral Quests (He's an Adept) and is intrigued by Harly, who seems to be a very powerful mage, and there is just something wierd about him. Anyway, also, if Nightshade finds out that the Azzy's have anything to do with the world's destruction, He will be all for trying to save it. Principle really. He doesn't like Azlan very much (Check ther sig down below)
Typhon
You know a lot of people talk about how powerful Harlequin is but I'll tell you he is like the worst conjurer Evah ... Check it out

Harlequin has a charisma Rating of 3 and a Magic Rating of 5.

he then attempts to conjure a Force 8 water Elemental ... and Dies from the drain
if you think I'm making this up check out SR1 page 87 ... its true , he's a gimp =P

[Edit] forgot to add the little bit about the conjure attempt ...[/Edit]
Kagetenshi
So between SR1 and HB he gains at least fifty Initiate Grades. Good to know!

~J
Typhon
not to mention comes back to life and gets that sweet leather jacket we see him wearing in the Cyber-pirates book ... man I liked that Jacket cool.gif
Tanka
So you dropped the other random ganger campaign? Too bad, I liked my chica.

Ah well. You know our group. We can take on a lot of challenges that most groups can't.

Unless of course you put some restrictions on the PCs that I'm not aware of. Then they may need just a tiny (very tiny) bit of help. nyahnyah.gif
Mortax
QUOTE (Typhon @ May 19 2005, 09:01 PM)
You know a lot of people talk about how powerful Harlequin is but I'll tell you he is like the worst conjurer Evah ...  Check it out

Harlequin has a charisma Rating of 3 and a Magic Rating of 5.

he then attempts to conjure a Force 8 water Elemental ... and Dies from the drain
if you think I'm making this up check out SR1 page 87 ... its true , he's a gimp =P

[Edit] forgot to add the little bit about the conjure attempt ...[/Edit]

Um, different Harlequin. smile.gif
It says this in one of the Harlequin adventures, I'm not sure which one.
I think it's the first. Also, I'm not sure that that guy was even an elf.

Edit:
Harlequin Adventure: Page 143

It's not the same Harlequin of this adventure.
L.D
Heh. This campaign is still all time favorite for both me and my players. I have tons of things that happened, but right now I don't have that much time so I'm just gonna give you a short one (behind spoiler tags for the players out there).

[ Spoiler ]
Mortax
LOL! That's the kind of stuff I love hearing.
tisoz
You said you were doing this 6 months ago. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012