Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loose Alliances now available at BattleCorps!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Vairdic
The topic says it all.

The BattleCorps.com BattleShop has Loose Alliances now on sale in PDF form.

You can find it here.
[ http://battlecorps.com/catalog/product_inf...roducts_id=1418 ]
Kesh
Also available at Drive-Thru RPG.com here.

I now fully expect people to wail and gnash teeth about this fact. biggrin.gif
Synner
The book will be available in stores through normal distribution in the next couple of weeks and believe me, this is one book you'll like to have on your shelf.
Crimson Jack
Like we'd expect you to tell us we shouldn't have it on our shelves. biggrin.gif
Synner
Well, its available in pdf and I get paid either way... but this one is worth the thumbing back and forth and pouring over the material with a warm mug of whatever late into the night. Honest.
Umbrage
What I don't get is why ebooks aren't a whole lot cheaper than the hardcopy books? The nagging suspicion that I'm getting scammed is the biggest reason I wouldn't buy one.
mfb
dunno. deal with the book publishers, maybe--if i owned a book printery, i'd be pretty pissed if they started selling the books i print as pdfs for half the price.
Ancient History
Believe it or not, the physical materials of a product are /not/ the greater part of the price.
Shadow
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Believe it or not, the physical materials of a product are /not/ the greater part of the price.

I choose 'it'.

CD's cost mere pennies to print on, the Music industry chooses to charge people hundreds of thousands of times what the media is worth.

I understand a lot of development hours went into it, and that businesses are in the business of making money. I accept that. I just hate being mislead about how much stuff actually cost to make.

They will make a lot more off a web download then a actual printed book.
Ancient History
Yes, but that's because they don't have to pay for warehousing, distribution or transportation. Each step from publisher to outlet typically includes a 100% increase in price. So yes, the chance to sell it more directly will net more money.
Adam
I'm not sure where anyone is being misled about how much game books typically cost to produce, since game companies rarely provide any information about their costs and profits in general.
Starglyte
Did anyone get the book online? If you did, share some thoughts with the rest of us. What was your favorite part? How do you plan on introducing it into your game? Do you just like to stare at the words on the computer screen? Looking forwared to the neo-communists.
Crimsondude 2.0
Yes.

I might post a review, but if I do it'll go to SL first.

Seems fine since I game online and already stare at the screen for hours.

The images (well, the whole pages) could look better (i.e., not as pixelated) at higher resolutions, but it's all good.

BTW, that "thins" (instead of "things") typo on page 10 that was in the preview is in my copy. I'm looking at it, trying to burn it clean.

I wonder if TerraFirst! might be considered terrorists because back in 2015 a member hit the space shuttle with a LAW. Nah...
Grinder
QUOTE (Synner)
Well, its available in pdf and I get paid either way... but this one is worth the thumbing back and forth and pouring over the material with a warm mug of whatever late into the night. Honest.

I never drink warm beer biggrin.gif but i'll wait until the book is available in printed form.
Crimsondude 2.0
Word of advice to the author of the IOND section: Read a map. The Watergate is in Foggy Bottom.
Critias
I like the artwork so far.
FlakJacket
Since this things out now, any chance one of the mods could open a new sub-forum for it?

Edit: Echoing the request in Bug Reports & Feature Requests since that's kinda where it's meant to go and most likely be noticed. smile.gif
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Synner)
Well, its available in pdf and I get paid either way... but this one is worth the thumbing back and forth and pouring over the material with a warm mug of whatever late into the night.  Honest.

Why would I want to pour warm whatever over my copy of "Loose Alliances"? smile.gif

Sorry, pickin' on ya...Once an editor, always an editor. I do like to pore over these things, you know... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012