Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrading Cyberdecks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Swing Kid
I can't find rules for simply upgrading my current Cyberdeck. More memory, adding Hardening. Upgrading Response Increases. How is it done?
Ancient History
Well, if you want to go about it the easy way, pay nuyen, get upgrade.

If you want to go about it the hard way, you can build the components yourself using the rules in the Matrix sourcebook.
Aku
if its already a custom deck, i think you just need to buy/make the part as if you were building it from scratch. if it's a stock deck, i dont think you can.
Swing Kid
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Well, if you want to go about it the easy way, pay nuyen, get upgrade.

If you want to go about it the hard way, you can build the components yourself using the rules in the Matrix sourcebook.

Oooo, I guess I deserved that one.
Ok, lets assume that I know that it costs money. The question is really where do I find the rules for upgrading? Lets assume that I want to add memory to my cyberdeck. How much will it cost? How far can I go with the upgrade?
I couldn't find anything about upgrading rules.
Swing Kid
The only stuff I can find in the Matrix book is about building custom cyberdecks, about installing memory. The reading suggests that this is for building a complete cyberdeck, with no mention to upgrading.
Ancient History
Cost for Upgrading = (Cost of new rating) - (cost of old rating)

Upgrading is covered in Matrix under cyberterminal construction.

[/edit]
I/O speed is limited by MPCP x 100 Mp, and Response Increases is limited to MPCP/4. Other than that, the limits are generally what you're willing to pay or build.
Swing Kid
Nevermind, I just found it. Thanks Ancient, I found it under the heading, Constructing Components heading.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012