Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: critter dice
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nick012000
How many dice do critters roll when attacking? They don't have any listed skills, and I can't find anything stated in Critters. The closest thing I can see is that Dragons learn skills like characters, which is stated in SR3, "Dragons & Spirits" chapter.
Ombre
The Critter sourcebook (the one with the gamemaster's screen) or the Spirits and dragons section states that critters use their Reaction as a combat skill...
nick012000
Ah. So that's what "Reaction: Used for physical attacks" means...
Mr.Cato
ah yes... insect spirits pops into mind...

Reaction=Force x 2 or 3 (haven't got my books)

Insect Queen (force: 10?) will readily devour ANYbody in close combat with her 30 dice.

hehe.. that is so wicked

oh yes... and then calculate her combat pool... and karma...
Apathy
Potency and Spirit Energy increase a spirit's effective force. Is this factored in for reaction, as well?
Mr.Cato
think I recall it beeing added to physical attribs... so Reaction too I guess..
Jrayjoker
Ouchie, those gals are tough!
Mortax
QUOTE (Mr.Cato)
think I recall it beeing added to physical attribs... so Reaction too I guess..

Unless it was changed from 2nd edition, then yes, you are correct. (although for a while it was threat rating of the shaman then it was changed to potency as that was just too fragging confusing.)

Also, free spirits added thier spirit energy to there force to get there effective force.
Apathy
Yeah, Mother bug spirits are bad enough when they're still bound to the shaman, but they're just about impossible once they've gone free. I had a group of runners go on a bug hunt once, and they made the mistake of killing the shaman first. Then the mother bug became free and life got lots tougher for them. If instead they'd killed the [still bound] mother bug first, then all the other bugs would die and the shaman becomes mundane [i.e. more-or-less no threat].

Before shaman died: basic Force 4 Mother Wasp
Immediately after shaman died: Force 4 with 1 pt Spirit Energy (effectively Force 5) with 3 new spirit powers: Hidden Life (placed in captured runner), Human Form, and Sorcery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012