Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Art Preview: Shadows of Asia
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
Link smile.gif
Smiley
Good God awmighty. There ain't nothin' like a hot, wired, tattooed asian chick in a skimpy black leather tube top carrying a gun. Rowrrrr... love.gif
Mortax
Nice. smile.gif
I like, I like. I can't wait for this book to come out.
I finally find out what is going on in Tibet.
JongWK
QUOTE (Smiley)
Good God awmighty. There ain't nothin' like a hot, wired, tattooed asian chick in a skimpy black leather tube top carrying a gun. Rowrrrr... love.gif

LOL rotfl.gif

I'm really pleased with the artist. Mugunghwa looks great. cyber.gif

(And that's all the spoiler you'll get from me wink.gif)
Grinder
I don't like the oni-ninja, but the rest is really nice. smile.gif
Smiley
What's wrong with the oni ninja?
RangerJoe
Hmm... why does China look like the NAN? I'm keen on this book, and the art looks great. It's just funny to think that a large number of the illos will look very similar to things we've already seen--what with the strong asian influence in the SR world.
Grinder
QUOTE (Smiley)
What's wrong with the oni ninja?

Too much comic-style for my personal taste, especially the crappy helmet the ninja wears. The picture by klaus is my favourite so far. I like the realistic style.
hermit
Klaus' image is terrific, as always (haven't seen a crap pic of his yet). I really like his style, too. My favourite is how he gets that orc to look decidedly chinese.

the others are nice to, though. McDougal's pic is pretty good (I happen to like his style too, for some reason). The ninja isn't my favourite, but alright (it's less comic-esque than most of Prescott's art, for instance). My least favourite propably is the tatooed girl. A bit too cliche for my taste. But that's least favourite on a very high level. looks awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Will there be a SoLA art preview too?
Grinder
Klaus and Marko Dju... are two of the best artists i've seen over the last years. And i think that the last SR-books had a really high standard when it comes to art.
JongWK

My least favourite propably is the tatooed girl. A bit too cliche for my taste. But that's least favourite on a very high level. looks awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

It makes a bit more sense after reading its section. wink.gif
mfb
mmm. Suicide Runners.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (JongWK)

My least favourite propably is the tatooed girl. A bit too cliche for my taste. But that's least favourite on a very high level. looks awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

It makes a bit more sense after reading its section. wink.gif

Cheater! You've got the inside track, and I am jealous. Like I said in the unnecessary thread that will never be mentioned again, I am very happy with the move away from the Manga and Toonish drawings. The oni-ninja was close to cartoony, but better than some.
Synner
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ May 24 2005, 06:06 PM)
The oni-ninja was close to cartoony, but better than some.

There's a specific reason that style was chosen for that chapter and it will become obvious when you read it.

Artwork in all the books since Dragons of the Sixth World has been good to exceptional. SSG had some nice stuff, I really enjoyed SoE, SOTA64 is very cool, Loose Alliances is a mixed bag but overall quite nice and SoA has exceeded all my expectations.
Grinder
Äh, when is SoA expected to arrive at the shops?
Skarn Ka

Too much comic-style for my personal taste, especially the crappy helmet the ninja wears. The picture by klaus is my favourite so far. I like the realistic style.

Support that 100%.
Skarn Ka
QUOTE (Grinder)
Klaus and Marko Dju... are two of the best artists i've seen over the last years. And i think that the last SR-books had a really high standard when it comes to art.

And I agree with Hermit when he says we've never been a crap piece from K-ski. That's why most of the artwork in the German books is awesome - Schockwellen kicks ass in this regard.
I think he's the one guy who could eventually draw some realistic, in-context, inspirational stuff - as well as some of the first good-looking orks.

I can only cross my fingers to see more of his stuff in SR4 and see SR artwork take this general direction. All I can say is SoA has some more really cool pics from him.
Grinder
You say it. Wish he would draw some ED stuff too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012