Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Priority A adept
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Catsnightmare
Has anyone house rule anything for a priority A physical adept?

I've come across a potential player who is interested in playing an adept. He has asked about taking Magic as his A-Priority and being an adept, I explained Magician Adepts to him but that wasn't what he wanted for the character.

I've given thought to letting him purchase all powers at a 25% discount, or else maybe giving him a certain point value in which to use to bond foci at char gen.
I'm still open to other ideas and suggestions.
SpasticTeapot
Give him a Metamagic, and let him join an initiatory group at chargen.
Personally, I think he's better off with more attributes or skills.
Herald of Verjigorm
Through the convoluted options related to BP and spell points, you can sell 25 spell points to regain 5 bp. Therefore, just give him 25 karma (that doesn't count for the pool) to use as he sees fit.
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
Through the convoluted options related to BP and spell points, you can sell 25 spell points to regain 5 bp. Therefore, just give him 25 karma (that doesn't count for the pool) to use as he sees fit.

That seems a bit excessive. 25 Karma would allow a character to join an initiatory group AND initiate, with something like 7 karma left over for improving a skill or attribute.
Herald of Verjigorm
An alternate accounting indicates that 5 BP can be worth up to 350,000 nuyen which is enough for only 14 karma if you prefer that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012