Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Failure cover art
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Crimsondude 2.0
Link

Nah, this isn't going to have anything to do with Deus...

Looks pretty, btw.
Fresno Bob
Pretty.
Penta
Yggdrasil!
Demonseed Elite
>:D

I like. cool.gif
BookWyrm
I'm STILL waiting for release dates on the final books.
Grinder
Very fantasy-like, but nice. smile.gif
Skarn Ka
QUOTE (BookWyrm)
I'm STILL waiting for release dates on the final books.

Don't quote me on that, but SoA is in its final editing stages, meaning the .pdf version should be available in early June and the printed version soon afterwards.

SoLA is also in its last stages and you should expect it sometime in June.

As for System Failure, it should be released for Origins (first days of July).

smile.gif
Synner
Very appropriate. I particularly like that Nelson included someone and the little surprise he brings...

You could say it's the tip of the iceberg. Now go back and read Loose Alliances carefully - some of the contents are, shall we say, prophetic...
Jrayjoker
Don't have LA, must control rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In accordance with prophecy...
Thistledown
Hmmm, that pic puts visions of Chernabog and Night on Bald Mountain in my head.

And also reminds me of a picture I saw in the matrix combat section of the matrix book.
ShadowGhost
Not one of their better covers.... pretty amateurish IMO.

*This* is the guy they should be getting to do covers... Scott Johnson

KickAss Cover Scott did
Lindt
Wow.. it IS the world tree... sexy.

Guess this means I need to hit up Ebay for a Copy of LA then?
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (ShadowGhost @ May 26 2005, 11:10 AM)
Not one of their better covers.... pretty amateurish IMO.

*This* is the guy they should be getting to do covers... Scott Johnson

KickAss Cover Scott did

Yay sarcastic.gif , fully clothed dude, half-naked chick.

The cover art for LA looked like chalk on paper, highly granular, hard to execute a high level of fine detail. Not a choice I would have made for a cover, but not amateurish.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Lindt)
Wow.. it IS the world tree... sexy.

Guess this means I need to hit up Ebay for a Copy of LA then?

Actually, just buy the PDF.
Lindt
Cant beat my players over the head with PDFs. wink.gif

Odds are Ill buy it and make my own anyhow.
Jrayjoker
Yep, thats what I do. I have a binder at work. Spiral or velo-bind.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Lindt)
Cant beat my players over the head with PDFs. wink.gif

Odds are Ill buy it and make my own anyhow.

Laptops hit harder.
Smiley
I like seeing all the personae in the various matrix art. Gives me ideas.
Crimson Jack
I don't find much of anything very appealing about this cover art, outside of the color palette. It looks horrible.

It'd be better done by Berry, Brom, or Zug IMO.
fistandantilus4.0
Brom is awesome, but he hasn't done anything SR in a while. It's all that damn Baxa!
fistandantilus4.0
I recognize Dodger on there (the Ebon Boy). anyone know any of the others?
Mr.Cato
yes,that Dodger for sure, in his cloak of swirling stars.

I been looking around in Barinscan. In the showdown at the end there, Pax appears as a "bone white woman" "... eerily elongated finger, nose and ratty black hair"... at first I thought the long fingered figure in the lower left corner had something to do with Pax... but then again... its not a female.. no pointy nose or hat...
All her otaku minions appear as "winged angels, wearing armor and weilding flaming swords." I see winged figures... but not wearing armor or weilding swords.
I would supect Ronin to play a center role here.. but I don't recognise him anywhere... he normaly appears as himself (Eurasian man in mid 20s, thin and slightly shorter than avarge, black short hair) wearing a black cloak and pulling programs from a pouch.

The brown clad man in the left of the picture appears to be "somebody" holding some important object.

...and the monkey... artistic freedom?

I also see humanoid siluette in the vortex at the top of the tree... but I might have been looking too hard at this picture now.. smile.gif
Crimsondude 2.0
Nice to be in the presence of Fanpro Coverologists. You guy all have doctorates, of course, don't you?
Critias
QUOTE (Mr.Cato)
I would supect Ronin to play a center role here.. but I don't recognise him anywhere... he normaly appears as himself (Eurasian man in mid 20s, thin and slightly shorter than avarge, black short hair) wearing a black cloak and pulling programs from a pouch.

Man, I sure hope he plays an active role. I miss him.
Crimsondude 2.0
Miss him, or missed him?
Mr.Cato
sorry if I offended you crimson... I was just trying to answer a question.. I don't claim anything...

actually I don't know how cover design is commissioned... is it a "competition"? ... do they have guidelines to follow? ... demands?
...anybody know about this?
Kagetenshi
Personally, I hope Ronin triggers the restoration of Deus, then attempts to commit suicide and fails badly, leaving him in constant pain but alive. After that, he can slowly go mad until his entire personality is wiped and he is converted into one of the lowest-ranking Banded.

But that's just me.

~J
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Mr.Cato @ May 27 2005, 01:32 AM)
sorry if I offended you crimson... I was just trying to answer a question.. I don't claim anything...

actually I don't know how cover design is commissioned... is it a "competition"? ... do they have guidelines to follow? ... demands?

It was a joke. You guys reminded me of how Sovietologists didn't really know anything about the internal politics of the Politburo, and so they would stare at photos from May Day parades, etc. to see if they could figure out who was in and who was out of favor, figure out who the new faces were, etc.

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Personally, I hope Ronin triggers the restoration of Deus, then attempts to commit suicide and fails badly, leaving him in constant pain but alive. After that, he can slowly go mad until his entire personality is wiped and he is converted into one of the lowest-ranking Banded.

But that's just me.

I'd call that a good start.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Nice to be in the presence of Fanpro Coverologists. You guy all have doctorates, of course, don't you?

crap, left mine at home.
Critias
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

But that's just me.

~J

I just hope he's back, and plays a major role in the published campaign/adventure/whatever, and that I get to run through that adventure with a very specific character of mine. They're good buddies. It'll be great.
Charon
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ May 26 2005, 12:55 PM)
Yay sarcastic.gif , fully clothed dude, half-naked chick. 

That describes male and female dress code at most party I've attended, actually. Yay for me too, and it's not a sarcastic "yay". wink.gif
Demonseed Elite
I don't want to encourage the people who are deeply studying the cover art too much, but it does have a clear link to the events in the book. The scene on the cover is straight out of a scene I wrote, so I was pretty pleasantly surprised with the cover. biggrin.gif
Pistons
Ahem.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Pistons)
Ahem.

What Pistons? Too much info there?
Kagetenshi
Off-the-wall theory: the cover represents the rebirth of Deus, and the leaves on the tree represent the Network.

Yeah, I've got nothing.

~J
Lindt
Sounds like someone is pushing too hard on the edge of their NDA...

Im excited to see what is in store for everyone in this book.
Adam
QUOTE (Mr.Cato)

An artist is chosen and asked to do the cover -- they say yes or no, and either start work or FanPro moves onto the second person on the list.

Art notes, reference images, and any necessary reference text are sent tto them. They're most certainly not alllowed to just draw whatever they want. smile.gif
Kagetenshi
Damn, there goes my hope of seeing a family of bunnies with pointy hats as the cover to Street Magic.

~J
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Damn, there goes my hope of seeing a family of bunnies with pointy hats as the cover to Street Magic.

~J

I dunno, with all the talk of diverse disciplines and ease of integrations maybe it will work out for you.wink.gif
Critias
If everyone SURGEd just right...
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)

Pretty close. wink.gif
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Off-the-wall theory: the cover represents the rebirth of Deus, and the leaves on the tree represent the Network.

Yeah, I've got nothing.

~J

OT, but still on:

I'm ready for the Deus story to wrap up.
Kagetenshi
I'm ready for the Deus story to move to the background, to stop having important developments for a while, but I do hope Deus persists.

~J
Crimson Jack
Move to the background. Wrap up. Eh, either way works. He is an interesting entity though. I'm just ready for something else to grab our collective attentions as much as he has.
Smiley
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

But that's just me.

~J

Brrrrrr...

But yes.
hobgoblin
if dodgers in the picture then how about megaera being mixed in some how. still, "she" was trapped along with deus right?

hmm, ygdrasil, the world tree. with branches reaching every place on the planet. and its going down into a vortex, like if someone pulled the plug on existence or something. very profetic indeed...
akarenti
Any guesses on who the elf looking fellow with white hair and brown clothes is? He looks rather important.

I'd like to think its Leonardo, but I'm unifamiliar with his Persona. It just seems cheap to write him out of the Deus story-line as having "just dissappeared," given how large a hand he played in Deus' creation.

It would probably make more sense if it were Puck, as he was one of Deus' top lieutenants and was one of the three otaku who were guiding the Network. The elf does look rather satisfied.
fistandantilus4.0
Puck looks like a scarecrow doesn't he? Wait, no that's Scarecrow I'm thinking of! Puck just looks like some crazy bastich with burning eyes, if I remember the pic from Arcology Shutdown correctly

And just to bug CD a little more( wink.gif ), I think I see Syzgy going down the drain there too. Same persona as in Threats 2
Crimsondude 2.0
*whoosh*
fistandantilus4.0
All icons get dumped from the matrix. First part of the reconsctruciton consists of a giant program to clean up the mess and clear it all away, effectively dumping the left over mess.
We will call this great program "Plunger v1.0"

And there will be great rejoicing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012