Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Few thoughts on technology
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
rozark69
Ok I dont know if they out yet but once when I was very um young to the game I let my brother run a scene for me as we both have exstensive rpg playing experience we know how to tell a story so any way he came up with Air born Nanites, now I was too virgin in the game to say no they didnt exsist so I carried on playing and well it was cool. I then told my GM who introduced me to the game about it, his face paled and he was shocked at the notion of AirBorn Nan's so I aSK if they not around yet why not?

Another Question on nan's is this if I as a mortal can have Nanites in my blood stream, can the Nan's be programmed to Um say leave my body via blood transfusion for example. For instance could I infect a target with the Nan's by having sex with them, obviously the Nan's would be placed in my body for the shortest rout to the exit so in the case of sexual relations in My characters testicles perhaps or if female in the Virginal tract.

hermit
Vaginal. If you have sex with her, it stops being virginal. And that's when the infection should occur, if I got you right.

Having said that, I see no obstacles, in principle, to 'smat dust' in SR, other than you'd need a steady resupply because it'd degenerate and fall apart in sunlight and presence of free oxygen really fast.

As for infecting someone with nanites, that's entirely possible, given that you could just, essentially, copy viral mechanisms for that.
Backgammon
Punctuation is your friend, man.

Otherwise I see no problem with air borne nantites of nanites transmited in the same way as STDs.
Edward
Airborne nanites would be of limited value, something like cutters (damaging nanites) could be useful but they would be indiscriminate (attacking friend, foe and probably some fixtures) they would also be expensive and short lived (due to power requirements of cutter nanites).

Nanites that can be transferred threw sex, well I guess so but as no nanites in SR are self replicating you would have hard time transferring engulf to have a real effect on your target while maintain reserves to do it again (a nanite hive would take 20 days (I think) to make a full dose that could be loaded with your ejaculate) the question again becomes why, harmful nanites are of limited value (cutters are it and they where only ever deemed economical buy Deus, an AI that had no need to consider such things) also you risk harming yourself.

Edward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012