Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Immortal Flower
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
Looking for the specifics on the immortal flower. I know it temporatily gives you the 'regeneration' power. Also remember that you basically 'crash' afterwards, and if I remember right, you also permanently lose 1 box of overflow every time you take a deadly wound and regen from it. Anyone got the game specifics on it? My M&M seems to have gone missing (look for it's picture on milk cartons near you).
Slacker
QUOTE (Man&Machine p.123)
   Disadvantages For every 20 boxes of damage sustained while under the influence, the character must permanently remove one box from his Physical Overflow. These boxes can never be regained. If the  character's Overflow is reduced to 0, every box of damaged suffered past that point (while under the compound's influence) reduces the character's Essence by .1.
   A character with cyberware or bioware who takes this drug also suffers 2D6 wound effects when the drug wears off, as the regeneration ability attempts to "repair" the implants.
fistandantilus4.0
merci'

And the duration of the regeneration?
Slacker
Duration is character's Essence +1D6 hours, up to a maximum of 12 hours.
Mortax
How rare is this thing?
I can see whole runs taking place to get seeds.....
BitBasher
QUOTE (Mortax)
How rare is this thing?
I can see whole runs taking place to get seeds.....

It's not actually a flower, it's a magical compound just named "immortal flower".
Mortax
Ah. Don't suppose its actually a helical shape? Coil maybe? grinbig.gif
Where does one find it? And did it exist before say 2057?
Ol' Scratch
It's a pretty name (those listed in MitS are assumed to be the Anazasi names) for any number of different magical compounds with similar properties. Note also the word "compound," not "some flower you can just pluck out of the desert."
Mortax
Hmmmm, good, so it's not easy to get.
What contenent? NA, right?
Ol' Scratch
Once again, it's any number of different compounds. "Immortal Flower" is just one name for them. There's variations all around the world. It's up to the GM to decide how available they are; the rules give zero guidelines regarding it. This, in and of itself, can indicate that they just didn't take the time to care, or they intended you to have a better shot of getting your hands on multiple doses of LAES than something as relatively innocuous as Deepweed. Chances are pretty high it was the former.
Mortax
Cool, thanks a lot. smile.gif
Gives me an idea for a run into the NAN, or maybe a way to get my runners to go to Australia......vegm.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Just FYI, I needed it for a run. Got it from a corp that specializes in parabotany (the R&D dept). Used it to fake my own death! It's a good thing to. The size of the fireball I was hit with (things didn't go exactly as planned), I WOULD have been dead!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012