Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Me Re-Create Bullseye
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Leviathan
Ok, many of us will have read the Daredevil comics or seen the movie, so how would we re-create the assasin Bullseye in Shadowrun?

We'd need human, and much skill in Throwing - Improvised Weapons, but I can't decide whether he'd be cybered or an adept..

Anyone got any ideas?
hermit
Now, I don't know either comic or TV show. But assuming he's more of a traditional superhero (and no cyber monster), I'd presume making him an adept. That's just much more suited for superheroes, who usually just can do things for no other reason than being special. that's what an adept is. Neither the adept nor the superhero ever asked some doc to become what they qare, they were either born that way (X-Men, Superman, ect) or became what they are through some accident usually involving either mutagenetic substances or - mostly in 70s and earlier comics - radiation (Hulk, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, et al).
Wolfen
Missile Mastery and Missile Parry. Aptitude with Thrown Weapons, Stealth, Atheltics. Increase Reflexes.

Add a good, offensive martial art and you have a character that needs no gear at all to fight at full ability, throw whatever comes to hand. I believe Mi Goo Gong has this philosophy.

Not that I've ever built a character like this, you understand? smile.gif

Wolfen.
Eyeless Blond
Plus you pick up Missle Mastery, which is basically required for the character. I mean, he killed someone with a paper clip; that just screams adept. biggrin.gif

[edit]Heh, great minds think alike, eh? smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
I'm going to go against the grain.

Adept.

Martial Art of Choice 6
Throwing Weapons (Improvised) 6

Distance Strike [Condition: Must Throw Item]
Killing Hands: D [Condition: Only when using Distance Strike]
Improved Martial Art of Choice 6 [Condition: Only when using Distance Strike]
Improved Thrown Weapons 6
Missle Mastery
Nimble Fingers
Penetrating Strike 3 [Condition: Only when using Distance Strike after house ruling that the two can be combined]
Quick Draw
Quick Strike or Improved Reflexes 2 [I'd go with QS since that lets him get the first strike in and then rely on Counterattacks through the rest of the fight, which is how he was reflected in the movie at least]

This way he can be completely lethal even when using innocent items like a paper clip or a feather, while also being able to use conventional thrown items with enhanced (but not necessarily deadly) skill. He can also hold his own in a normal fight, but is nowhere near as impressive as when he's throwing things.
Leviathan
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I'm going to go against the grain.

Adept.

Martial Art of Choice 6
Throwing Weapons (Improvised) 6

Distance Strike [Condition: Must Throw Item]
Killing Hands: D [Condition: Only when using Distance Strike]
Improved Martial Art of Choice 6 [Condition: Only when using Distance Strike]
Improved Thrown Weapons 6
Missle Mastery
Nimble Fingers
Penetrating Strike 3 [Condition: Only when using Distance Strike after house ruling that the two can be combined]
Quick Draw
Quick Strike or Improved Reflexes 2 [I'd go with QS since that lets him get the first strike in and then rely on Counterattacks through the rest of the fight, which is how he was reflected in the movie at least]

This way he can be completely lethal even when using innocent items like a paper clip or a feather, while also being able to use conventional thrown items with enhanced (but not necessarily deadly) skill. He can also hold his own in a normal fight, but is nowhere near as impressive as when he's throwing things.

Now *that* is an interesting way of looking at the idea!! biggrin.gif. Though I'd suggest that the martial art isn't conditional, since he can still hold his own in a melee fight
Pthgar
Don't forget that in the comic book Bullseye's back was broken. It was replaced with an adamantium spine, so there is a little cyber. You might want to think about some flaws like Vindictive, if you want to replicate the personality of Bullseye and not just the powers.

On a side note, DareDevil would be pretty easy to create as well. One of the guys in my group has been using a char based off of DD's mentor Stick for about 4 years.
Critias
He's got more than an adamantium spine, he's got lacing on more of his bones than he doesn't (think Wolverine minus the claws, and you're not far off).

In the comics, as well, he's an expert marksman (as good at shooting as he is throwing) -- his schtick isn't so much an "I throw stuff" in the books, as it's a "I never miss, period."
Foreigner
Critias:

Don't forget what happened to the film incarnation of Bullseye (Colin Farrell) in the DAREDEVIL movie a few years ago (2003).

"I....missed ?!? I never miss...."

I have NO idea what he was talking about, as I've never seen the film, but apparently, Bullseye does miss--just not often.

In the comics, it's one reason why he has a pathological hatred of Daredevil--ol' hornhead is the one adversary he hasn't yet managed to kill. They've fought each other to a standstill on numerous occasions, but both have survived, although each has been badly hurt from time to time.

There's also the fact that Bullseye has twice been responsible for the deaths of women that Daredevil/Matt Murdock loved--first Elektra Natchios (killed with one of her own sais), and later Matt Murdock's fiancee, Karen Page (killed with Daredevil's own billy club).

Of course, Bullseye is also certifiably insane--or at least he was until he had a brain tumor removed several years ago (I'm not certain whether he's still crazy, or just more than a little unbalanced)-- however, I'm not certain that Leviathan wants to add that much detail to the character he's creating.

Edit: lorthazar--You're right. I *had* forgotten about Crossbones. My bad. frown.gif

--Foreigner
lorthazar
Actually there is another adversary he hasn't killed Crossbones but then again it is hard to kill someone who is almost a match for Captain America.

edit: It's alright, Foreigner. Bullseye was a favorite villian of mine even when I was playing MSH. Had a fight between him and Spider-Man. One the most humiliating beatings I handed out as the wall-crawler. A year later I played him in a villian game and some how managed take out Iron Man so all is good.

For Bull's Eye I would go with

Missile mastery
Missile Parry
Improved Trown Weapons
Improved Strength geased for only when throwing
Improved Reflexes

skills
Athletics (Baseball)
Throwing (improvised)
Lergedermain
Stealth
motorcycles
Martial Arts (which one depends on how you veiw his style)

I would ignore the bonelacing for now as this is a suitable trick character
Critias
He's not "almost" certifiable, he is. Major sociopathic/paranoia tendencies, with the sociopathy almost on par with psychopathy, instead (depending on who's writing for him -- sometimes he just has no appreciation for the value of human life, like a sociopath, other times he's pointedly sadistic and cruel, going out of his way to kill people). I mean, he's nuts-raving bonkers. He's just really good at doing what he does, too.
Edward
to be fare, bulls eye never missed in the movie, dare devil dodged.

Edward

Ps, try the search function.
Ol' Scratch
Uhm, missing and dodging are one in the same. He missed his target because his target dodged. In Shadowrun terms, that means he didn't score enough successes to counter for the dodging test, so the failure was still no his part.
Leviathan
I think the most interesting look at things, and build that best represents his deadliness with thrown weapons, is the Distance Strike/Killing Hands geased for when you've thrown something.
Alternatively I'll find out if my GM will allow a version of Killing Hands that works only with ranged weapons.
Glyph
With a starting character, you can only begin to approximate Bullseye. In the comics, he is not only insanely lethal with thrown weapons, but almost as good in hand to hand combat (you have to be, to go one on one with Daredevil). And he is insanely fast, too. In one of the Miller-written issues, when he escapes from an interview show, it describes the scene as the cops seeming to move in slow motion to him, while the interviewer might as well be a mannekin.
nick012000
So he has Improved Reflexes 3, as well.
Wolfen
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Uhm, missing and dodging are one in the same. He missed his target because his target dodged. In Shadowrun terms, that means he didn't score enough successes to counter for the dodging test, so the failure was still no his part.

Which is why he hates DD SO much, he made him look bad! smile.gif

And after all that posing on the bike too...

Wolfen.
Foreigner
I've often wondered how the comic-book version of The Foreigner would fare against Bullseye in a WWF-style grudge match.

He probably isn't Bullseye's equal when it comes to aptitude with improvised throwing weapons (although he did hit a stationary target with one of those little toothpick umbrellas from a tropical mixed drink once), but he's probably at least his equal as an assassin, if not his superior, in most other ways.

The comics didn't call him "The Deadliest Man Alive" jokingly.

--Foreigner
Glyph
Despite them both being good fighters, it is a completely different skill set and outlook between the two. The Foreigner is an actual assassin. Bullseye is more or less muscle. Cunning and psychotic, maybe, but still basically a thug.

If they ever went head to head, I would give the (slight) edge to Bullseye in a straight up fight. His enhanced durability, ability to use nearly anything as a ranged weapon, and pure viciousness would narrowly prevail over the Foreigners tactical cunning, mesmerism, and lethal combat skills. It could easily go either way, though.

But it wouldn't be a straight up fight. The Foreigner would poison him, or snipe him from a rooftop, or something more imaginative but equally deadly. Even in an impromptu confrontation, I would give the Foreigner good odds at having a number of emergency contingency plans, or coming up with one on the fly, to allow him to escape (after all, look how cool and poised he was when Spider-man unexpectedly burst in). After that, Bullseye probably wouldn't even see it coming.
Critias
It's an apples and oranges thing, really. Much like comparing Batman and Captain America, or something, just because neither one shoots laser beams from their eyes, and they both like to punch people. There's not much else they have in common, except that they both wear tights.

Bullseye sometimes kills people for money, and fights real good. The Foreigner sometimes kills people for money, and fights real good. That's about where the similarities end.
toturi
Bullseye fights real good.

Foreigner kills real good.
Foreigner
Thanks, Ladies and Gents. biggrin.gif

Now I feel better about the choice I made as inspiration for my SR character.

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
toturi
Yeah, but in a real fight, the Foreigner just dies. biggrin.gif
Foreigner
Sigh...

EVERYBODY'S a CRITIC....

nyahnyah.gif

toturi:

Speaking hypothetically, how do you think the Foreigner would fare against Daredevil?

After all, his mesmerism trick, with which he almost defeated Spider-Man (until Spidey closed his eyes and tracked the Foreigner using his "spider-sense"), would also be useless against Daredevil, because DD is not only blind, but could also track the Foreigner using his enhanced senses--either his "radar-sense" or his enhanced senses of hearing or smell (i.e., via his heartbeat or scent, respectively).

Apart from that, it'd be a fairly even match, as both of them are close to the same skill level--at least in terms of hand-to-hand combat, at any rate.

Foreigner, however, might try to even the playing field by fighting DD blindfolded, or in a dark room--if he was feeling especially charitable, that is.

--Foreigner
Glyph
The Foreigner can concentrate and pull a set of iron bars out of a wall. Daredevil can intercept a bullet with his billy club. They are both at a similar skill level - insane.

Daredevil is used to fighting assassins due to all of his run-ins with the Hand and similar nasty types. But the Foreigner would still have a (very) slight edge due to his utter ruthlessness.

...Unless Bendis is writing it, in which case Daredevil will beat the Foreigner like a red-headed stepchild. You just don't wanna mess with the Bendis version of old horn-head.
mrobviousjosh
I realize that flaw-wise Vindictive probably suits him well but I'd use compulsion extreme (prideful) instead. It's a higher point flaw and more accurately represents his disadvantage (IMHO). Good thoughts though guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012