Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [LooseAlliances] Printed Version?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Birdy
When will the printed version hit the shelfs? Is it printed yet?

Birdy
hermit
Yeah, I'm really anxious to get it, too. I don't like PDFs much (have trouble reading on computer screens; I much prefer hardcopy books and my sofa for reading), and would hate to pay twice for the same book. smile.gif
nick012000
Buy the PDF then take it to Kinkos or somewhere like that to be printed off.
Birdy
QUOTE (nick012000)
Buy the PDF then take it to Kinkos or somewhere like that to be printed off.

Well, that would be around 20€ for the book, 56€ for the passport and about 1000€ for the flight to the USA. Sorry, I wait for a printed version

Birdy
hermit
Come on, there're transatlantic flights as cheap as €700 now. wink.gif
Birdy
QUOTE (hermit)
Come on, there're transatlantic flights as cheap as €700 now. wink.gif

Well, since I am XXL, I only fly first class or Troop Bay. And since the UN takeover of the US has been postphoned until next year (The black helicopters are grounded due to a MidLife Upgrade)...

Birdy
Cynic project
When is it comming?
fistandantilus4.0
Kinko's is still like 10 cents/page. Still paying for it twice.

I hate it when a release date is "........."
Starglyte
Any word of anybody having the print version?
Maelwys
Expect books to arrive in print version 4-5 weeks after the PDF release. Seems to be about the lead time for both Battletech and Shadowrun products.

For those getting it from venues other than distributor -> retailer, add a week or two (or less if you get it straight from a distributor).
Starglyte
Thanks. Looking forward to buying it.
Maelwys
In an ideal world of course. Alliance games doesn't have it listed yet, which means not this week. I think that makes it about 6 weeks since Loose Alliances and Interstellar Players (BT book) were released.
Elve
I just got mail from my retailer that the packet just left their store, so I should have in 1 or 2 days smile.gif
Birdy
QUOTE (Elve)
I just got mail from my retailer that the packet just left their store, so I should have in 1 or 2 days smile.gif

Which one? Fanpro? FanEncounter?

Birdy
Elve
Fanpro (germany)

www.f-shop.de has it as available since today
Grinder
Hopefully my friendly online-shop (www.dragonworld.de) will have it added tomorrow. smile.gif
hermit
Oh cool! Finally, I will be able to actually read it! biggrin.gif
Adam
I've been informed that the official ship date is next monday, so most game stores should have it by the end of next week.
hermit
Where does it ship from? Is that date valid for the US only, or for Europe too?

*is excited*
Adam
Well, sounds like some stores in Europe have it already, but in general I wouldn't expect it in Europe until a week after it leaves distributors in the USA.
hermit
Awww. Well, at least I have an ETA now. smile.gif
Grinder
So two weeks from monday on? That's fine - i'll get my next wage around that date. So i can spend the current on the next two weekends being drunk at some festivals. biggrin.gif
Elve
Just got it smile.gif

Looks nice, some really nice artwork...

But I really hoped for stuff on Winternight (or other more traditiknal terror groups) *G*

Have to go... must read... cant stop...
Starglyte
How do players overseas get books before the players in USA and Canada do?
This is not just a Fanpro thing for I have seen it happen with other companies to.
hermit
They order from internationally operating retail services ... who get their copies in the US the very second it hits the distributers, and send via air mail. I guess.

Or LA was printed somewhere in Eastern Europe. Then it'd be a much farther way to the Us than Kiel. wink.gif
Adam
FanPro ships stuff to FanPro Germany's f-shop ASAP, so they can start filling orders as quickly as possible.

Most FanPro products are printed in the USA.
otaku mike
QUOTE (Starglyte)
This is not just a Fanpro thing for I have seen it happen with other companies to.

Yep, I noticed that too. I could buy my L5R RPG 3rd Ed in Paris way before most north americans. But speed is not the most important thing. I'd rather wait a couple of weeks more and pay the book 40 dollars instead of 40 euros... Unfortunately, I was on the wrong side of the Atlantic...
Birdy
QUOTE (otaku mike)
QUOTE (Starglyte)

Yep, I noticed that too. I could buy my L5R RPG 3rd Ed in Paris way before most north americans. But speed is not the most important thing. I'd rather wait a couple of weeks more and pay the book 40 dollars instead of 40 euros... Unfortunately, I was on the wrong side of the Atlantic...

Just as a question:

What is the US price for Loose Alliancens?
Maelwys
Loose Alliances is available from Alliance Games to retailers now, so if your shop is prompt and has an order this week, then expect to see it in stores this week.

Checking the ShadowRN mailing list nets this, and since it answers some questions, here ya go.

QUOTE (Adam Jury)

Yo folks,

The print edition of Loose Alliances has finally shipped, and should be 
arriving in game stores by the end of the week. FanPro will -- of 
course -- also have copies at Origins in Columbus, Ohio this weekend.

We have a 16 page PDF preview of Loose Alliances available: 
http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/resources/down...ces_preview.pdf

And an art preview: http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/wordpress/?p=18

And some desktop wallpaper: http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/wordpress/?p=24

Loose Alliances

Corps don't give a drek about the runners they hire. That's why they 
call us expendable assets. And forget working for the Mob or the Yakuza 
-- once you're in, you're part of their family for the rest of your 
life. Lucky for us, there are swarms of other factions looking to claim 
their piece of sprawl -- and who are willing to bypass the law to do 
it. Policlubs, magic groups, religious factions, black marketeers -- 
and those are just the ones on my block. Hooking up with an 
organization has its advantages -- resources, steady employment, backup 
-- but pick the wrong group to run with and you'll regret it when they 
kick you to the curb. So what's it going to be chummer? You can't roll 
solo forever."

Loose Alliances is a sourcebook for organizations and third party 
groups that operate by their own set of rules in the Shadowrun world. 
From political factions and religious groups to relic hunters and 
Tamanous organleggers, it provides a wealth of information on the more 
obscure parties in the shadows and the benefits and drawbacks that 
comes with them.

Product ID: 25006
Price: 24.99
Pages: 164
ISBN: 1-932564-44-6
EAN: 9781932564440

Cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Jury
http://www.shadowrunrpg.com
Birdy
LooseAlliances is in the stores in germany since Saturday. Nice book. So far, only two problems with the book:

+ With Laubenstein/Prescot gone, I hoped for better interior art. Sadly, most of the art is worse than in the previous two books

+ What is that unimportant minor nation doing in the UN security counsil? What's next? Papua-Neuguinea? Who on earth put the UCAS in the counsil?

Birdy
Synner
Needless to say: reviews appreciated.
Birdy
QUOTE (Synner)

Gimmy three more nights to warm to sleep and I should be through. I like what I have read so far.

Birdy
Fortune
QUOTE (Synner)

It's too Eurocentric! You suck! nyahnyah.gif

P.S. I demand more shadowtalk time! My unescapable potential is ebbing away like the years are slipping from my lifespan. wink.gif
Skarn Ka
QUOTE (Birdy)

+ What is that unimportant minor nation doing in the UN security counsil? What's next? Papua-Neuguinea? Who on earth put the UCAS in the counsil?

*Non-permanent members have rotating terms, the goal being to ensure representativity of all continents/cultural zones. The actual size of the country is of little importance as long as overall the council as a whole bears some diplomatic / military credibility. The only limitations would be:

- countries with no actual government or a government in exile (for instance today's Somalia),
- countries without an army or bound by special treaties (Switzerland, Iceland),
- countries undergoing a severe civil war (Poland)

Which nation are you referring to ?
And yeah, Papua-New Guinea would fit. smile.gif

*UCAS: Er... I rather don't see how it *couldn't be* on the Council, considering its power and backing.

Thanks for the review ! Keep the comments coming !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012