Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FanPro Announcement
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Kenshi
***FanPro Press Release - 06/06/05***

Dear Unwashed Masses,

Due to popular demand and our own need to make fistfuls of sweaty cash, we are pleased to announce the forthcoming release of The World is Round - 4th Edition.

Now, we know that fans of our previous edition, The World is Flat 3, will reject to notion of progress without ever having read a single word of it. We ran into these same problems during our release of The World is the Center of the Universe and The Sun Revolves Around the Earth - 2nd Edition and we dragged them kicking and screaming into a new way of thinking. In response to the concerns about TWIF4, we would like to put forth the following statement:

"If you don't like it, go play d20, suckers! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Now give us your money, chumps!"

Thank you.

***End of Press Release***

If you're not sure, I'm making fun of both sides... biggrin.gif
SR4-WTF?
QUOTE (Kenshi @ Jun 6 2005, 09:15 AM)
If you're not sure, I'm making fun of both sides...  biggrin.gif

You are making fun of someone? So that means this isn't a real press release? Oh. I guess then I'll have to stick with playing my 23rd level Garbage Engineer in the epic level D20 Discworld campaign my mother runs. Besides, I really prefer gaming in a world modeled with complex, realistic mechanics over the improbable, dumbed down fantasy stuff of Fanpro's product lines.

[EDIT]No, D20 Discworld is not something I made up. [/EDIT]
Backgammon
Very constructive thread, thank you sarcastic.gif
Kenshi
QUOTE (SR4-WTF?)

You are making fun of someone?

I'm sorry if it went over your head. wink.gif

Remember when Dumpshock used to be about house rules, stats for comic book characters, and making fun on the Immortal Elves?

I know that the Shadowrun 4 section was set up for discussion and/or debate of (what else?) Shadowrun 4. Unfortunately, like recent American elections, it's become an increasingly apparent that all it is doing is dividing people into two extreme groups.

1. People who think that SR4 is the printed form of the Second Coming of Christ™. People that think that the sky will open and God him(her)self will smite the rules bloat of SR3.

or...

2. People who think SR4 is will be the Downfall of Civilization. Not only will SR4 be awful but it is sure to sneak into your house while you sleep and violate your loved ones.

Do I have doubts about SR4... yes. Am I hopeful for SR4... absolutely. I merely find it funny that people get so worked up over something that, in the end, is only a game.

::Sees people with pitchforks and torches approaching::
hermit
rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

Wonderful new take on all this. Thanks a lot!

SR4WTF: Epic discworld D20 campaign? Can I play Conan? I wanna play Conan!!!!

Kenshi: Two things.

1. Even in the recent elections, there were people who only had a resigned "whatever" to contribute. With SR4, I am increasingly like that, and I see more like me on these boards. It's basically like your position, only without any enthusiasm sucked from it.

2. When will we see more lunch break scetches?
SR4-WTF?
I'm convinced that SR4 is the Third Coming of Elvis. He'll still sing the same old songs the aging fans love, if a bit off-key. But he has managed to drop his BMI 10 points, to below 37, through a diet of nutrious, tasty Deep Fried Banana flavoured Slim Fast and regimine of sensible exersize. Mostly armlifts bringing the cans of Slim Fast up to his maw.

He will get on stage and 2 1/2 songs into the first set he'll slip on the pool of his own sweat and fall off the stage dealing a death blow to his SR3-era self, who will be sitting in the first, second, and thrid rows.

Postscript: Backgammon, on the worth of this thread. Did you know about D20 Discworld before this thread? I hazard a guess that many people here did not! Informative, no?
SR4-WTF?
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 6 2005, 10:15 AM)
SR4WTF: Epic discworld D20 campaign? Can I play Conan? I wanna play Conan!!!!

I'll have to check with mother later, she's upstairs right now. Have you had the mandatory frontal labotomy yet? If not I've got some spare time Saturday night and a reciprocating saw with a fresh blade. I'm always willing to hook a brother up.
hermit
Have you had the mandatory frontal labotomy yet?

Gruuuuuuuuuuu ....

If not I've got some spare time Saturday night and a reciprocating saw with a fresh blade. I'm always willing to hook a brother up.

Saww. Saw is my friend. Gruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Kenshi
rotfl.gif And to think, I almost didn't buy tickets to that show!

Hermit: I have also resigned myself to the "Whatever" column. I'll support Shadowrun 4 like a naughty but beloved son. Sure, I had to bail him out for vandelism but he's not really bad. He just makes mistakes.

And sorry about the Lunch Time Sketches. My scanner at work has crapped out and the company has yet to replace it. In the meantime, I'm trying out for Kagetenshi's webcomic.
hermit
I'll support Shadowrun 4 like a naughty but beloved son. Sure, I had to bail him out for vandelism but he's not really bad. He just makes mistakes.

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

That sums it up perfectly! biggrin.gif grinbig.gif

And mad.gif mad.gif to your company for not replacing the scanner! I'm really looking forward to Kage's web comic, though. smile.gif
SirBedevere
Kenshi, thanks for bringing humour back to the board!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif grinbig.gif biggrin.gif
nezumi
I am amused. You should work with Bull for future press releases nyahnyah.gif
GaiasWrath8
I only have one thing to say about this.

WEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

spin.gif

Any one know If I can be a Windling in SR4 or will I have to wait for SR5?
Eldritch
You can be a windling, but you'll need the Aerial Combat Feat to make good use of the race.....
Jrayjoker
Although I hear the Kender will be making an appearance.
Kagetenshi
No, but I don't think it's breaking my NDA to say that there will be a race for which stats and skills are capped at two. One, two, two, two, two…

~J
Jrayjoker
Gully Dwarves?
Eldritch
Nah, Pooh flinging Monkeys eek.gif
SR4-WTF?
I don't think it is breaking the NDA to say that everyone loves monkeys. Everyone also loves Kender because they make the best skeet targets.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Eldritch)
Nah, Pooh flinging Monkeys eek.gif

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

Thanks for reminding me of my primary role here!
GaiasWrath8
You see, that would make it all better.

I declair that SR4 would be much more welcome by all if Obsidamen and Windlings were brought back. wink.gif

Ok, some one make it happen. smile.gif
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (SR4-WTF?)
I don't think it is breaking the NDA to say that everyone loves monkeys. Everyone also loves Kender because they make the best skeet targets.

Pull.

Sproing!!!!

Bang, damn I missed.

Splat. Ok got him anyways.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (GaiasWrath8 @ Jun 6 2005, 01:46 PM)
You see, that would make it all better.

I declair that SR4 would be much more welcome by all if Obsidamen and Windlings were brought back. wink.gif

Ok, some one make it happen. smile.gif

I am on the phone with Rob right now.
Eldritch
Oh! Don't forget Skrang while your talking to him!

Kenshi
12 posts in the last 1/2 hour and NONE of them have anything to do with the original post... I LOVE IT! rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
Eldritch
Sure it does! We're making fun of each other grinbig.gif
Kenshi
biggrin.gif By all means, proceed! grinbig.gif
GaiasWrath8
Ummmm, I was not making fun, I really want T'Skrang, Obsidamen, and Windlings back....

How did that phone call go? nyahnyah.gif
Jrayjoker
Can you believe he called the cops on me?
Geez, what a grouch. Just because I had to lie to his security staff and tell them I was his brother! mumble, grumble, mutter, m-na m-na, doo doo dee doo doo...
Eldritch
Dood - you shoulda disguised your voice as an elderly female, said that you were Rob's mother and that he left the lights on in the basement after he left this morning biggrin.gif

Shadow
Wait... he has a security staff?
Jrayjoker
Yeah, the Secret Service. You knew he was really Dick Cheney, right?
Kagetenshi
Of course. He reads these forums too, you know.

~J
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Kenshi)
If you're not sure, I'm making fun of both sides... biggrin.gif

Rather poor attempt at it.

Maybe if you posted that on March 15 it might be amusing. Now it just falls flat.
Jrayjoker
Who, Dick Cheney? Am I in trouble now? smile.gif

Seriously, though. How can an entire city be evil. And which Columbus are we talking about? Ohio?

If it is then I agree.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
QUOTE (Kenshi @ Jun 6 2005, 08:15 AM)

Maybe if you posted that on March 15 it might be amusing. Now it just falls flat.

Spoilsport.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0 @ Jun 6 2005, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (Kenshi @ Jun 6 2005, 08:15 AM)

Spoilsport.

Sorry for having standards.
Jrayjoker
Obviously you miss the point of the thread hijack and feel the need to spoil our fun. Enjoy.
hermit
And they say Germans have no sense of humor. Sheesh. nyahnyah.gif
Jrayjoker
He may be german...
GaiasWrath8
He may also like to dress in womens cloths and dream about his mother, but that is off topic.

Lets get back to when I will get my Windling, Obsidamen, and T'Skrang back. smile.gif
hermit
Weren't there monkey men in some ED supplement, too?
Kenshi
Crimsondude, the point of my thread was to poke fun at the current state of unrest on the SR4 board. I felt that this board was in serious need of a (good/bad) joke. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I merely thought it was amusing to me... and that's all I really care about.

That, and you're a stupid-head nyahnyah.gif
Jrayjoker
I prefer poopy-butt. Its just so preschool. biggrin.gif
Garland
QUOTE (hermit)
Weren't there monkey men in some ED supplement, too?

There were flying monkeys in 1st ed. ED. That's kind of a bonus really. Monkeys that FLY.
SR4-WTF?
I heard that at least Windlings are definately are going to be in SR5. Fanpro is apparently already working on the the Open Gaming License D12 system that is geared toward bringing back Windling and Turn To Goo. They were going to use the D12 system for SR4, and actually had most of it worked out on a Friday afternoon last fall. It had been written in salsa on a Quesadea during an afterwork get together.

Unfortunately they suffered a serious timeline setback when Adam showed up at the bar late and ate it a few beers in because nobody warned him about it.
Jrayjoker
Shakes fist angrily at Adam

I want my monkies dammit!
hermit
There were flying monkeys in 1st ed. ED. That's kind of a bonus really. Monkeys that FLY.

Ooooh, flying monkeys with bat wings! *claps hands*

Were they PCs? And most importantly - did they get a bonus on flinging poo?
GaiasWrath8
I think that this thread gave SR4 what it needed, a funny out look and an outlet to blow off steam.

And to cover my political ass. By saying that he might like to dress in womens cloths, I was not implying that dressing in womens cloths was bad, just that it was something I would not do. (No flames from cross dressers please).
Eldritch
Doood. Poo flinging flying monkeys. Oh Yeah.

Then we could have an entire campaign based on the Windling/Flying monkey Poo Wars
"I love the smell of Poo in the morning..."

Sa-Weeet! grinbig.gif

Hay! If you're goping after turn to goo - Don't forget Urban renewal!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012